Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to "Lets keep the discussion mature"?

The nay sayers won't stop complaining until someone tells them they're right.

For some of you this is more about the argument.

In Ninjahoods defense, they are legitimate articles and theories. I do believe in 3rd shift sales. It's just that not ALL pairs are 3rd shift, other pairs are just extremely high quality replicas (fakes) or whatever you wanna call them.

Ultimately this argument is pointless because it's all based on personal beliefs and opinions. it's like a Muslim and a Christian arguing over who's God is real screaming "show me the proof"

There is no 100% proof right now to define every early release or Taobao pair.

Your trying to take something GREY and define it as BLACK or WHITE.

Doesn't work like that...

I even get sucked back into the arguing when I don't even think it's worth arguing about anymore.

I'm honestly still here just for the comparison photos and info on the GM shoes/ordering process. Although this thread does have it's comical value.... Some of which was spared at my expense today.

There is a point when healthy debate just turns into redundant anger laden hate filled nonsense.

I'm about to lurk this *****.

There is a point when healthy debate just turns into redundant anger laden hate filled nonsense.

I'm about to lurk this *****.

Its that point when the sides involved can't respect the fact the the other side doesn't agree. But still tries to force their opinion on them, rather than just expressing how they personally feel about it.

I'm just waiting for Zyzz to post his pair when he gets them. I stopped caring for the debate a while ago.

Naw it's not as serious to say religion .......religion is based off faith, something you can't see.....the sad thing is you can see these shoes...you can't miss them they have blue soles...

I believe in his theories just not on the level he riots about and I've yet to see a true GM and I don't think any of us have...,we've seen high quality replicas

Spend your money and time as you will but just don't misinform people on your path of purchasing such goods

Naw it's not as serious to say religion .......religion is based off faith, something you can't see.....the sad thing is you can see these shoes...you can't miss them they have blue soles...

I believe in his theories just not on the level he riots about and I've yet to see a true GM and I don't think any of us have...,we've seen high quality replicas

Spend your money and time as you will but just don't misinform people on your path of purchasing such goods

Bred 11's, BC3, WC3, grape 5, metallic 5, all the 4's, black grapes... All have true GM's which you can not tell apart from a side by side comparison. Even some SJ's, Concords and CG's don't have to dark blue/Purple sole.

You mentioned "faith"

It's the exact same thing. you have "faith" or a "belief" that your shoes are legit because Nike approves them with a stamp on a piece of paper somewhere. If they come out of the same factory without this stamp or piece of paper and they are considered "fake" it's absolutely and issue of "faith".

Aside from that, I don't wanna argue with you. I'm just saying how I personally feel, I'm not saying your wrong, I'm not saying I'm right.

Until something comes out with solid information saying this is black and white...

It's all a matter of personal opinion.

This comment is not meant as an argument.

Side by side comparison often yield the results that they look alike. I agree with you on that. They resemble each other.

If you put a 96 impala next to a 96 caprice with SS badges slapped on from side by side comparisons you'll say they are the same thing. But once you dissect them you can clearly see its not the same thing. Looks are not the only thing that go into play when I make a purchase of any sort.

Craftsmanship materials comfort overall quality etc.......now NIKE isn't the best in that dept but I'm sure they take a few more steps to assure some measure of quality. People replicating and/or making GM operate with a drug dealer mentality and will cut and water down the product as much as they can to increase profit not worried about the end user.

So once you dissect them I'm sure you will find they are not the same and that's been proven on 2 different occasions with the cool greys and now with the foamposite. Could it just be those vendors that provided those pairs? Yes it's likely but highly doubt it because the fact that even the accessories and packaging of some of these GMs have come into question. I myself have had GM Breds sent to me and I agrees aside minor flaws they look alike but that's it. Don't even fit the same and the box was off. Plastic insert off color. Paper wrong. Matter fact I have pictures. And posted in the bred thread back in dec.

I don't have faith in NIKE giving me legit shoes. NIKE makes NIKE I know the product I get from them and authorized retailers are exactly what they are stated. But I don't and will not put faith in a market that's hasn't been proven to be nothing but a1 replicas. That's the conclusion I've drawn from what's presented. Pictures aren't physical but its close enough. Words and quotes just will not do it for me and neither will opinions on looks or side by side comparisons.

A GM IMO should mirror the product inside and out(to an extent all shoes will have flaws) and its accessories if its the same place. A

Ninja Blah blah....cool greys and foamposites both dissected yet in still were still going with this greymarket theory.....take those busted up 88s apart. Still posting articles bro the burden of proof is on your end anybody who has a lick of sense will not purchase a pair of "GM" till they can be proven the same other then looks. Unless of course a identical looking pair is ok with you

Those cool greys and
Foams looked exactly the same yet in still they aren't. Space jams are obvious phony like wise with concords.

I said before if they have to replicate or fake one piece or part of the shoe then it's fake.

I still say its a possibility same factory but its not on the scale you suggest.

Lol best comeback is posting articles and quotes......but we who do not believe are finding actual work from others that prove everything you said is wrong.
GREY MARKET SHOES FROM 3 YEARS AGO ARE NOT GREY MARKET SHOES SMH WITH THESE GUYS d12 IS STILL SENDING ME POST SAYING THAT HE PMD ME FIRST THESE GUYS CANT SEE THE FACTS IN FRONT OF THEIR FACE

That's not proof.....every pair posted so far is flawed to the point of Noticeable. Doesn't it seem odd that most shoes posted share the same flaws but yet those flaws aren't present on retails pairs. You know like blue soles. Or the fact Breds don't have the same color inserts or paper. It's like come on same factory but yeah they can't color code or provide the same tissue paper. Yes those are minor issues to some but like I said if you have to fake the tags boxes inserts, then I come to the conclusion your faking something else.
THIS IS NOT TRUE THE GREY MARKET BRED XI LOOKED BETTER THAN THE RD PAIR YOU NEED TO READ THE FORUM

"Grey market" shoes have been out for a long time to my understanding and we called them FAKES. The people who produced the fakes back in 2000 didn't care much for the correct box, bar code, blah blah blah, because people didnt care back then either (before the time of Internet hype). Today the people who make the fakes know that people are on to what make a "legit" shoe legit so now they make them identical (plus the "minor" flaws). Why aren't there "grey market" foamposites? They can't do it. Instead they just make easy to make shoes like Jordan's or older retro nikes and suck.
YOUR FIRST SENTENCE IS COMPLETELY WRONG

Well then what about these foams Angry Andy Posted?

If they are made by the same people in the same Nike factories, in a "3rd shift" they would be with the same materials, in this article is says they are made from mostly different materials. They say they glue is different and even the foam material is more shiny.

I think some pairs are made 3rd shift, I don't deny that theory, I find that it actually makes the most sense. But what about these pairs that have small differences? like the space jams with blue soles. If they are made in the same factory, why not just make them with the clear sole, end of the problem.

I don't oppose GM shoes. I'm actually gonna purchase a pair to see what happens. I don't think they are "fake" Because they are almost identical. I just can't call them 100% legit, because they aren't. Anything without Nikes authorization, to me will never be 100% legit, it will just be a second option that is so close, nobody can tell the difference, and I personally can find it in myself to look past the stigma of wearing a "fake shoe". If nobody can tell the difference, including myself... Then I don't care. I'm not dead stocking them for collection, I'm gonna wear them into the ground.

For the most part they are the same exact shoe, I just can't call them 100% legit.
AHHH CAN YOU READ????????? IN THE ARTICLE IT SAYS THEY ARE MADE OF THE EXACT SAME MATERIAL I WILL QUOTE IT FOR YOU AND MAKE IT VERY LARGE

Hit the jump – if you dare – and check out what fake Foamposite’s are made of. Its scary because they use the same materials as the real deal… even the cushion and Carbon Fiber. Crazy.

SMH 

these shoes existed for a long time in Asia, these only made it into the US in mass quantities just in the past couple of years & them setting up sites

(I know I've lived there, counterfeits there are always better). back then its mostly ugly pairs that make it here.

Last edited:
A GM IMO should mirror the product inside and out(to an extent all shoes will have flaws) and its accessories if its the same place. A
this is where you fail...RETAIL pairs dont even mirror each other exactly...all you're doing is splitting hairs and using that as some kinda leverage

when da reality is retail pairs never mirror each other...your assessment in GM's come from da assumption that retail pairs are perfect which is FAR from da case...

i dont even think those were grey market foamposites at all...just cuz they came from taobao dont mean they came from seedy origins...

This theory you guys came up with of same factory has sooooooooooo many holes in....how come when they make db4s ray Allen 13s etc there completely different ...how come there shape is always off on every retro if there same ?? miss me with jb quality answer too .......how hard is to understand these shoes are fake there's no grey area for these just fake fam and yes I've read the whole thread

Clear difference in another shoe besides Space Jams. Retail on left, GM on right. I understand they're using the same materials, and molds, but not all the same quality measuring techniques. If someone here has a Black Grape 5 with a better back than this, please post. Also, this dude is hilarious that did the comparison, but like many others, he says over and over "it's the same s***!" It's not though.
View media item 506432

Last edited:
This theory you guys came up with of same factory has sooooooooooo many holes in....how come when they make db4s ray Allen 13s etc there completely different ...how come there shape is always off on every retro if there same ?? miss me with jb quality answer too .......how hard is to understand these shoes are fake there's no grey area for these just fake fam and yes I've read the whole thread
Thats the thing though, its not a theory anymore. Its no doubt happening, weve seen genuine articles describing the problem that their contracted factories are making a surplus of shoes. Ninja has posted articles that describing the cases for both Nike and New Balance. So lets get away from that third shift pairs are still a theory because its not. Now jyung pointed out in our back in forth is the scale at which theyre doing it at. Which places are selling High Quality Fakes and which are selling actual GM shoes. Maybe those DB4s and Ray allen 13s arent actually GM shoes and are high quality fakes. Although there are people that have bought the shoes that complain about differences and quality there just as many people praising them for looking just as good or better than their retail equivalent.

This article is talking about about a problem Adidas was having as far back as 1997 where a place the article listed as "SUPERMARKET" was acquiring legitimate Adidas products, from shoes to perfumes, through the "backdoor" of legit Adidas factories. And selling them for lower prices. Just an example of how it's happening across brands and has BEEN happening.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/THE+GREY+MARKET;+How+superstores+are+beating+price-fixing.-a060996687

Last edited:
Got my GM Royals on Saturday (along with a perfect pair of replica Green glow 4s...but that's another can of worms.)

Anyway they looked great from what I can tell. One BIG flaw....the extra bag blue laces were missing! The one sneaker had the plastic ring on it where they normally would be but the laces were gone. I'm not too mad though because I wasn't gonna do the lace swap.

As far as quality, the only flaw I see is a spot on the back heel where blue paint is running onto the white midsole. But aside from that, they look great and feel great. And yes they have the little widows peak on the front toebox.

Now come on GM DB 3s!!

Last edited:
dont hold your breath, im 99% sure GM DB III's will not be for sale. Those were so damn limited.

One day I came in here and typed a big *** response to someone and then deleted it before I hit reply. It hit me how stupid I was for even getting baited into this. No one is going to change their mind. Now I just come in here for the lulz.

dont hold your breath, im 99% sure GM DB III's will not be for sale. Those were so damn limited.
if they can make DB 4s...they can make the 3s. These factories are fully aware of what's hot in the states. Nike makes them limited by only requesting a certain number of pairs to be made. But again, what's to stop the factories from making 10, 20, 50, 100 more? I doubt supplies are limited.

Hopefully in the next month we'll find out. Would certainly the ease the pain of that cluster**** of a release on Saturday.

What do you all think of this?

These are GM pairs that have yellowed.

Do they seem to be yellowing the same as the official version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom