Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
see i dont get it. we have legit checks where every detail of the shoe is looked at for authenticity. if anything is off everyone cries FAKE, yet here people see the same flaws and say "GM pair so its ok, its still real"
eyes.gif
. and u wouldnt buy candy from sneakerape. no store should have full size runs of every shoe for less than resale price, but thats just me i guess.....
Honestly it makes so easy to discount flaws because the retail shoes to begin with all have issues as well. Missing stitching, stains/paint marks, unpainted areas/over painted areas. Ive had 11's that I bought from finishline that the lace loops didnt line up across the shoe itself let alone the pair. And this happens often, not just some times and we simply discount it as "Crappy JB quality". Tons of people go through boxes of shoes at their Local retailer before being able to find one that is acceptable. ANd by acceptable i mean the one with the least amount of flaws lol. If quality is an issue for shoes that go through quality control best believe itll be a bigger issue with the ones that dont. Thats the trade off with not paying significantly less than current market value of a shoe I suppose.

Last edited:
These are 100% authentic purchased from Foot Locker, and you can clearly see through the toecap some of the patent leather, so what's the deal? Did authorized retailers release versions of Concords that have milky toecaps and translucent?
Although they arent as milky as some Ive seen theyre def not clear. Id say thats just due to age are a slight quality issue.

air-jordan-xi-concord-2011-air-randy-new-images-06.jpg

This is what is meant by clear. Like the first batch of air randys concords

Also, Ive noticed a lot of people talking about how blue the sole of GM concords and cool greys can be NOT SPACE JAMS (although i have seen gm's of all 3 with clear soles). I just wanted to point out they were all pretty blue when they were first released and not this dull kind of grayish blue we see on DS pairs today. Below 

These are 2 of the concords i got the initial release back in 2011. The 11.5 is from finishline and the 11 is from crooked tongues. This was taken about a week after the release date and you can see how bright the blue the tint is.

this is a picture of the same 11.5 from finishline still DS from about 2 weeks ago. I know that obviously its yellowed but take a look at how significantly the blue has blue has faded and dulled out to almost a clear greyish blue. I feel like some people forget what they originally looked like and are looking to buy something that already looks aged as opposed to how they originally looked when they were first released.

are we not allowed to post links to GM sellers?

--

anyways, i'm looking to order a (questionable) GM pair for comparisons sake. i have a size 12 DS here, and i know there are a handful of sellers/online stores who have them in stock, but i know a few of you going back a few pages are already doing the same.

any stores you guys are curious about (that nobody's ordered from to compare) where i can jump in and do one myself?

Any links to GM sellers will be deleted. Please read the rules of this thread on page #1

Here's a few pics of my GM Royals. As you can see, blue paint ran onto the midsole on the heel of one of the shoes. So yes, there is a quality control issue with GMs. And yes they do have the widows peaks on the back and on the toebox. A nail clipper solves that problem though.

Here's a few pics of my GM Royals. As you can see, blue paint ran onto the midsole on the heel of one of the shoes. So yes, there is a quality control issue with GMs. And yes they do have the widows peaks on the back and on the toebox. A nail clipper solves that problem though.
How do you feel about them overall after you clip the widows peak and possibly cover over the paint with some white angelus?

I love them honestly. The flaws are easily fixed. It's not like I have to rebuild the shoe to make it perfect. The bottom line is I didn't have to spend 400 dollars to get them.

I'm new around here but been getting into sneakers more and more recently. I'm thinking about trying out Kinstor for the hell of it. I do have one question about sizing, is the sizing shown in chinese sizes or European I wanna make sure they have 11.5 before I order through an agent. Plan to post pics and comparison if possible when they arrive.

Last edited:
I'm new around here but been getting into sneakers more and more recently. I'm thinking about trying out Kinstor for the hell of it. I do have one question about sizing, is the sizing shown in chinese sizes or European I wanna make sure they have 11.5 before I order through an agent. Plan to post pics and comparison if possible when they arrive.

11.5 = 45.5

Many shoes do not come in that size...

Some of the facts posted in this thread are very untrue. The Greg market is way more technical than some of you think.Fabrics,reverse engineering,setting up distrubtion channels,etc. I'll answer any question about the market.

Last edited:
Good looks ima make the order tonight since it will be day over there and the process can get underway.
You gotta use live messenger before you order anything .TB sites sometimes/often list products that they are still hunting for. Or have been promised to receive from their middleman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom