Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm my fears… [emoji]128563[/emoji]

These two details really bug me. No stamp on the box top and the 09/12 prod date. I compared them to my other pair of royals and they look ok.
i bought 4 royals on RD, 3 has the red stamp, 1 Does not... it doesnt really prove anything, except makes you wonder.. which is good since more than half of the fakes doesnt have any stamp.

Why are the shoes on your toilet?
laugh.gif
i was gonna say the same thing. why would you put a pair of royals, where some lands there rear end?

What are dead give away details to grey market royals? I am about to trade for them and want to make sure they are authentic.

Can anyone confirm my fears… [emoji]128563[/emoji]

View media item 508341
View media item 508338
These two details really bug me. No stamp on the box top and the 09/12 prod date. I compared them to my other pair of royals and they look ok.

well first thing, PRODUCTION DATE MEANS NOTHING.

grab 100 pairs from NDC and guess what they all DEF WILL NOT have the same production dates...

and two the stamp in the box isnt a big deal. ive gotten Kobes and Jordans without a stamp plenty of times.

Isn't that the point of using an agent?
An agent is the second middle man . Example the Nike factory worker sells to the TB site. The TB site sells to you. You then sell on EBay/Craig list/sole collector marketplace. As for your answer NO.Just placing a blind order with no confirmation of inventory with turn into weeks/months of stress or just lost money. Keep in mind most taobao owners don't speak fluid English. Some literally have Google translate open while talking to you. Rstor/kinstor are on a high level but situation had been reported on both. My guy works for a factory but I keep my orders to minimum.

Last edited:
What are dead give away details to grey market royals? I am about to trade for them and want to make sure they are authentic.
There are no dead giveaways because grey markets ARE a type of authentic sneaker. Even retail bought pairs will occasionally have tiny flaws. Its comical to see guys on here freaking out because the Nike letters on their tongue tag are .0001 millimeters off from someone else's. When sewing is involved, there WILL be inconsistencies.

Based on your pictures, the pairs are legit. Though not sure why the price tag is missing on the box label. 

Last edited:
After reading this site and seeing a this.

My Bred 4's are def GM. they have a red box tag without the perforated MSRP tag. They have the little widows peak tips on the toe box, and the left shoe is a completely chipped mess, the entire white part on the midsole is cracked to hell.

Big J said they could just be an international pair, and that sometimes those widows peaks are actually on legit shoes tho. The box and paper is all the same as legit pairs.

Other than that they look, feel, smell just like legit 4's.

I got them from sneakerhead.com I payed $254 for them.

Honestly if all GM shoes are the same quality, I have no problem buying GM. Specially considering footlocker pairs cracked after a few wears.

Those little nubs of leather u can see from stamping and cutting the pieces out.

U can see them in the photos posted previous.

Last edited:
@ knights23 I'm just going to keep deleting it so stop trying to cause trouble in this thread, thanks.

Not even a FSR.

The typical "GM" size run of 7-13

But yes, every size available of a super limited release.

$400 marked down... sneakeRape? Trying to sell GM royals for $400, SMH.

You can get the same exact shoe for $180 off Taobao.

And they used the photo with the Jordan key chain, lol.
They are only $240 when they put a line through the 400 and type 240 next to it that means its available for sale for $240

http://sneakerape.com/new-basketball-shoes/air-jordan-blue.html

Last edited:
Also, Ive noticed a lot of people talking about how blue the sole of GM concords and cool greys can be NOT SPACE JAMS (although i have seen gm's of all 3 with clear soles). I just wanted to point out they were all pretty blue when they were first released and not this dull kind of grayish blue we see on DS pairs today. Below 

These are 2 of the concords i got the initial release back in 2011. The 11.5 is from finishline and the 11 is from crooked tongues. This was taken about a week after the release date and you can see how bright the blue the tint is.

this is a picture of the same 11.5 from finishline still DS from about 2 weeks ago. I know that obviously its yellowed but take a look at how significantly the blue has blue has faded and dulled out to almost a clear greyish blue. I feel like some people forget what they originally looked like and are looking to buy something that already looks aged as opposed to how they originally looked when they were first released.
could you post those pics one more time please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom