Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! This crazy! SO basically in order for me not to buy Fakes or GM, I have to get them on release date. I was about to get some Royals from DaClosetcollector on IG.

Really? As far back as 2007? You sure about that? Maybe you're talking about general replicas/counterfeit? I'm specifically referring to these unauthorized authentics. If they were around as far back as 2007 most people would know about them and these Chinese sites would have been selling them back then. And the market would have been saturated with them by now. Which is what's gonna happen now with this latest explosion. I don't recall in the past Ebay being flooded with a ******** of what used to be rare kicks in every size, the way it's been on Ebay the last 5 months or so.

Nah, fam. I'm talking about early release/grey market sneakers. It wasn't on as big of a scale back then. There were only a few sites, but they absolutely existed.

Peep air Randy's blue tinted sole Carmine's lol. Retail pairs were clear/damn near yellow. This stuff isn't new.

http://sneakernews.com/2008/03/19/air-jordan-vi-6-countdown-pack-4/

think its the lighting bro, those look damn clear and the lights/background make it look a tiny blue.

thats just my opinion

Pff i think i know where i might get a pair of 88 3s to beat, an extra black toe and space jams if they look alright.

Yeh
Nah, fam. I'm talking about early release/grey market sneakers. It wasn't on as big of a scale back then. There were only a few sites, but they absolutely existed.

Peep air Randy's blue tinted sole Carmine's lol. Retail pairs were clear/damn near yellow. This stuff isn't new.

http://sneakernews.com/2008/03/19/air-jordan-vi-6-countdown-pack-4/[/qu

True. I guess you're right about the grey market with sites like Air Randy and such. Personally never messed with early release sites, a few friends did, we just chalked up the flaws on their pairs as B grades. But it looks like they're taking this thing to a whole new level now.

This might be worth something.

So I asked my agent if a store was legit. This is what he said.

Dear

Actually they are same.

Since all shoes are come from DongGuan City AJ Factory.

Dear

Actually they are same.

Since all shoes are come from DongGuan City AJ Factory.
eek.gif

If they are gm

Mushed 23
Smaller cotton tab where 23 goes

Two signs right there

WHAT DO YOU MEAN IF THEY ARE GM?!?

So your telling me that you can't tell the difference? lol

I posted photos, your supposed to point out the difference between retail and GM and you say "IF THEY ARE GM"

Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?!

Your telling me this is a smushed 23 and smaller cotton tab?!?
View media item 513978

BOOM.

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!

HUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

Enough is enough! I have had it with these ************* snakes on this ************* plane!

TOUCHDOWWWWWNNN!

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

THIS IS SPARTAAAA!

ADRIANNNNNNNNN!

WINNING!

and any other celebratory/victory cries you chose to full in yourself.

Hate to say I told ya so but....

Last edited:
smaller cotton tab? smushed 23? there are retail pairs that have these issues. doesnt mean they are GM. the right shoe of my concords has a slightly smaller cotton tab. shrugs. they must be GM.

smaller cotton tab? smushed 23? there are retail pairs that have these issues. doesnt mean they are GM. the right shoe of my concords has a slightly smaller cotton tab. shrugs. they must be GM.

With all dude respect Deez ur full of ish, lol.

He clearly can't tell. he can't even tell if they are GM or not.

"If they are GM" lol

its well known that the companies/factories that sells counterfeits are from dongguan too & other nearby cities

example of one company's english ad from that area
"We can supply original quality of World Famous goods,like nike shoes,Louis Vuitton Bags,Lacoste Clothes,Bape clothes,Seven Jeans,New York Hats and so on.We mostly sell the above items to USA,UK,Germany,Italy,France,Sweden and,
Japanese and South American Countries.

Our main products are  
Shoes
1. Nike shoes,such as air Jordan,air force one,Tn,air max 90/93.2003/2005,shox TL,R4,NZ,Turbo,james lebron,Nike air rift.
2. Prada,Adidas,Puma,Timberland,Bapesta,G-unit,Ice Cream

3.Bags
Chanel bags,Louis Vuitton bags,Gucci bags,Hermes bags,Coach bags
4.Clothes
Lacoste,Seven,Evisu,Levi's,Bape,Red Monkey and so on.
5.Watches such as Chael,Rolex...
6.Suglasses like Chanel,Gucci,Dior...

About our sales
Minimum order
1. 12 prs each style for shoes.
2. 5 -10pcs each style for bags
3. 10-50 pcs each style for Clothes
  Delivery time
   We will send the goods what you order in 2 or 3 days upon receipt of your payment.The shipping time is 3 to 5 days.That is to say
You will receive the goods in 7-10 days after you do pay.
  Quality
  There is no difference from Authentics."

Last edited:
It clearly said "AJ FACTORY"

now either it's just a massive coincidence that it's AJ, or they are just unauthorized legit Nikes shoes like everyone assumes.

Most of the shoes are the exact same. EXACT.

And that list that was provided a few pages back, You missed mad Jorsans...

They have GM

7, 8, 9 and 14.

ANY new JB release that comes out... these sites have. Every single shoe.

there are many companies that specializes in making counterfeits, they are in the same city & have connections/inside knowledge. some have gotten so good at this that they now pass off their HQ reps as authentics or at least claim no difference from the real ones.

soon the days of the obvious fakes/counterfeits will be a thing of the past

although personally, to me the difference between authentic & counterfeit is more than just about quality.

"night shifts/stolen pairs" exist, but not in this magnitude where these so called "GM" pairs are about to outnumber the RD ones & keep getting unlimited restocks even years after the shoe goes out of production.

Last edited:
There is a pair of royals ending in a couple hours on ebay. They look to me like the typical gm pair. opening bid was 300 with one bidder. Thats a shame.

The only way something would happen is if Nike tried to step in. If its anything like the Jersey sites are, they cant be touched by law.

The only way something would happen is if Nike tried to step in. If its anything like the Jersey sites are, they cant be touched by law.

You're right Nike can't do anything bec Chinese copyright laws are pretty much nonexistent. But they'll be forced to come up with something, 'cause like ISNIKER stated above the GM kicks are about to outnumber RD.

Hilarious: Nike sets up shop in China to save money, but are getting robbed of their money by... wait for it... there own employees. 
laugh.gif

Can't say I feel bad for 'em. 

This is a video comparing a Michigan Jordan 1 authentic to a replica. At first you can't tell, buy then when you look closer you can. Just thought this was interesting. For you guys worried about getting straight up fakes you should check it out.

How do you imbed videos?

You're right Nike can't do anything bec Chinese copyright laws are pretty much nonexistent. But they'll be forced to come up with something, 'cause like ISNIKER stated above the GM kicks are about to outnumber RD.

Hilarious: Nike sets up shop in China to save money, but are getting robbed of their money by... wait for it... there own employees. :lol:

Can't say I feel bad for 'em. 

Keep this in mind, Nike isn't losing any money. Nike is a global corporation. And their products are sold in millions of stores world wide, where as the Grey market shoes have limited avenues release their products. Even if there are 3 GM shoes for every 1 pair Of RD pairs there are hundreds or maybe even thousands of Nike authorized retailers for every 1 taobao seller. Nike would be able to sell their pairs at an exponentially larger rate then any GM shoes store or source. Bottom line the GM is not common knowledge and no matter how much we talk about it on here it never will be. So it's not gonna even put a dent in Nike sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom