Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep this in mind, Nike isn't losing any money. Nike is a global corporation. And their products are sold in millions of stores world wide, where as the Grey market shoes have limited avenues release their products. Even if there are 3 GM shoes for every 1 pair Of RD pairs there are hundreds or maybe even thousands of Nike authorized retailers for every 1 taobao seller. Nike would be able to sell their pairs at an exponentially larger rate then any GM shoes store or source. Bottom line the GM is not common knowledge and no matter how much we talk about it on here it never will be. So it's not gonna even put a dent in Nike sales.

True dat.

There are more like 3-4 to 1 retial tho. I defiantly don't think there are more GM shoes than authentic on the market.

It clearly said "AJ FACTORY"

now either it's just a massive coincidence that it's AJ, or they are just unauthorized legit Nikes shoes like everyone assumes.

Most of the shoes are the exact same. EXACT.

And that list that was provided a few pages back, You missed mad Jorsans...

They have GM

7, 8, 9 and 14.

ANY new JB release that comes out... these sites have. Every single shoe.

possible it's just a coincidence. copyright/trademarking laws on names in china is :x

(word to JB's lawsuit against Qiaodan, and how they trademarked MJ's sons names :lol:)

isnt it hard to communicate with them? id rather do it that way as well
lol nice, but seriously how do u do it? pm me if you dont mind, if u dont want to divulge your info i understand as well.
My first pair of SJ I got with an agent, were about $225. I saved $45 going direct to the source...
isn't there a higher chance of getting ripped off by the seller from buying directly without an agent? i believe i saw someone say that they would sell straight replicas/variants vs grey market versions. that's the message i seem to have gotten after reading several pages in this thread.

lol man, all this talk is tempting me to just put up my real pairs up on eBay before the GMs drive them down any further.

lol man, all this talk is tempting me to just put up my real pairs up on eBay before the GMs drive them down any further.
already done that here. it was also sort of me letting go one of my "vices." you'll miss them, but in the end you realize they weren't a necessity and you move along.

For anyone that used zarmark how long did it take for them to mark the order as shipped. They posted a ems tracking number but it still says processing and the tracking number isn't coming up yet. Granted it's only been roughly a day.

We're basically in an era where it is ok to buy replicas? I personally stay away from them, to me, grey market pairs are high quality fakes with a "hit or miss" status, sometimes you get accessories that shouldn't be in there or things wrong with it. Other times it's practically identical

I've gotten a list from a legit taobao agent with GM pairs (same pairs, pics as you guys have been posting since forever), prices are ridiculously cheap so obviously they are making a killing by all these people buying GM pairs. The way I see it is, if you can't afford the retail pairs, why bother buying it at all? Just wasn't meant to be

Just a few examples, they charge the price of the shoe, taobao agent 8% fee, paypal 4% fee and the total is below before shipping.

RMB is china dollars

Bred 11s - $119.48 USD (650 RMB)
Concord 11s - $125 USD (680 RMB)
Cool Grey 11s - $133.83 USD (728 RMB)
Doernbecher 4s - $165.45 USD (900 RMB)
Royal 1s - $165.45 (900 RMB)
'88 Retro 3s - $156.07 (849 RMB)

....etc etc, doesn't this sound way too good to be true to ppl? Yet you guys are still buying it and supporting the movement while they are profitting off you guys and then you in turn resell it to someone else without them actually knowing

How does this honestly make all the buyers who paid for them feel? You may think your getting a deal but your getting an inferior product with no peace of mind and same thing as buying at the back of someones truck IMO. It disgusts me that there is even a forum for grey market shoes and ppl condoning it. This will eventually catch up to ppl, the only way I see ppl approving of these GM pairs is because they bought it and want it to be justified so you post pics of good pairs only and say they are exactly the same as my retail pair. Talk about the jacked up pair you got in the past as well. I'm sure anyone who's bought GM pairs have seen a lot of flaws in pairs before but they will never show those pairs, only the 1 good pair and make it seem like all pairs are flawless. It's just a bad market to be involved with

Last edited:
We're basically in an era where it is ok to buy replicas? I personally stay away from them, to me, grey market pairs are high quality fakes with a "hit or miss" status, sometimes you get accessories that shouldn't be in there or things wrong with it. Other times it's practically identical

I've gotten a list from numerous taobao agents before, prices are ridiculously cheap so obviously they are making a killing by all these people buying GM pairs. The way I see it is, if you can't afford the retail pairs, why bother buying it at all? Just wasn't meant to be

Just a few examples, they charge the price of the shoe, taobao agent 8% fee, paypal 4% fee and the total is below before shipping.

RMB is china dollars

....etc etc, doesn't this sound way too good to be true to ppl? Yet you guys are still buying it and supporting the movement while they are profitting off you guys and then you in turn resell it to someone else without them actually knowing

How does this honestly make all the buyers who paid for them feel? You may think your getting a deal but your getting an inferior product with no peace of mind and same thing as buying at the back of someones truck IMO. It disgusts me that there is even a forum for grey market shoes and ppl condoning it. This will eventually catch up to ppl, the only way I see ppl approving of these GM pairs is because they bought it and want it to be justified so you post pics of good pairs only and say they are exactly the same as my retail pair. Talk about the jacked up pair you got in the past as well. I'm sure anyone who's bought GM pairs have seen a lot of flaws in pairs before but they will never show those pairs, only the 1 good pair and make it seem like all pairs are flawless. It's just a bad market to be involved with

Elitist much? Also there are plenty of people who post the really messed up pairs as well, and that goes for both gm and official release pairs. Why does it even bother you? If you don't like, don't buy. At the end of the day it is subjective, and no offense the Elitist tone doesn't really assist this thread. If someone is hurt they paid retail and over in some cases while someone else paid less for the same product that's their problem and no use in crying about it at the end of the day they are sneakers.

And they charge $80 shipping for any shipment so I can see how you guys are getting it for $200+ because the prices I listed above, add $80 and that's what you guys have been paying. So to everyone else who still thinks they are getting deals by buying GM pairs, honestly just stop. They are replicas, fakes, no other way to twist it or justify it just because you guys have bought it. If another company goes and makes an exact model of Royal 1s, can we really deem that as real even if it is as close to identical as possible? Something doesn't add up no matter how you spin it, common sense.

And actually it doesn't bother me at all, I only buy retail pairs so I'm good and happy with it. I'm just exposing the grey market. I'm sure a lot of new members and users who support this type of business would give me backlash because I would technically be ruining ur business and all the bigcartel sites out there selling these type of shoes lol. It's your money at the end of the day, I'm just putting the info out there so the ppl can decide for themselves and how they want to spend their money

Last edited:
And they charge $80 shipping for any shipment so I can see how you guys are getting it for $200+ because the prices I listed above, add $80 and that's what you guys have been paying. So to everyone else who still thinks they are getting deals by buying GM pairs, honestly just stop. They are replicas, fakes, no other way to twist it or justify it just because you guys have bought it. If another company goes and makes an exact model of Royal 1s, can we really deem that as real even if it is as close to identical as possible? Something doesn't add up no matter how you spin it, common sense.

Again where are you looking because even using an agent my shoes weren't 200 nor were they retail either. My shipping wasn't 80 bucks either. Are you just throwing out random facts? Then again to each their own.

I've gotten a list from numerous taobao agents before, prices are ridiculously cheap so obviously they are making a killing by all these people buying GM pairs. The way I see it is, if you can't afford the retail pairs, why bother buying it at all? Just wasn't meant to be

RMB is china dollars

I understand that to YOU grey market shoes are replicas, and if that's the status they hold with you then that's fine. But also keep in mind what an actual replica sneaker is. An imitation of a sneaker made with inferior quality materials. But unlike replicas you are going find real XI patent leather and real carbon fiber. Because they use the real materials.

People are well aware of the risks buying these shoes for the price that they get them for. But no one is here misrepresenting their pairs. There are plenty of people who got pairs and are satisfied with the quality and posted the pictures of the shoes they got. No one is here saying that their 11s with something as ****** up as an upside down 23. And there's no one here trying force GMs on anyone feet. If you want to see a pair of bad GM check the legit check thread. They pop up on there all the time. Bottom line people know the costs, people know the risks, and people know the rewards.

Again where are you looking because even using an agent my shoes weren't 200 nor were they retail either. My shipping wasn't 80 bucks either. Are you just throwing out random facts? Then again to each their own.

Random facts? Those are real numbers I put up, who can really make all that up? To be honest, anyone who joined NT in 2013 I can't take serious (no offense, going by past history), that just means your part of the new wave of sneakerheads who are most likely reselling these type of shoes and only come to these forums to spill false info or for their own personal gain. It's evident and proven numerous times in the past with ppl trying to increase post counts etc. Anyone who has a legit opinion and with some sense, I no doubt respect. But like I said, I just put the info out there, I don't care or mind what ppl do with it, just a little eye opener if anyone on the fence or just flat out didn't know what type of market it was. That's all...

I wouldn't speak on it unless I had real experiences with it. Yeah I've bought GM pairs before and noticed a lot of things so I decided to speak out. It's a forum, there will be ppl who like paying cheaper with lower quality and there will be ppl who just want the 100% authentic stuff. My stance is keep it 100% authentic or don't buy it at all, no one is saying "hey guys listen to me", u just put the info out there

Any taobao agent can price the shoes how they want, I just listed 1 example, there is no set price. A taobao agent can increase the price, charge less for shipping or post a ridiculously low price and charge $60-80 in shipping. Any way you spin it, the prices are more or less close from one agent to another. It's like ebay, you can post what prices you want, either way they are making their money with lower quality products

Last edited:

already done that here. it was also sort of me letting go one of my "vices." you'll miss them, but in the end you realize they weren't a necessity and you move along.
Done that too, sold my DB3's today for 650 through CL before all the GMs make their way to the market.

Last edited:
I defiantly don't think there are more GM shoes than authentic on the market.
that's correct

But what I meant is that many of the so called "GM pairs" are not really "GM"s, most are HQ reps

if they were all GMs(which they are not), then they're about to outnumber the RD ones on the market.

HQ reps outnumber real GM pairs

eg: Royal 1s

Last edited:

I've gotten a list from a legit taobao agent with GM pairs (same pairs, pics as you guys have been posting since forever), prices are ridiculously cheap so obviously they are making a killing by all these people buying GM pairs. The way I see it is, if you can't afford the retail pairs, why bother buying it at all? Just wasn't meant to be

RMB is china dollars

Then get off your high horse and out of the GM thread if it disgusts you so much. They are just shoes in the end, and seem to be the same shoes at that. Bye

Last edited:

And actually it doesn't bother me at all, I only buy retail pairs so I'm good and happy with it. I'm just exposing the grey market. I'm sure a lot of new members and users who support this type of business would give me backlash because I would technically be ruining ur business and all the bigcartel sites out there selling these type of shoes lol. It's your money at the end of the day, I'm just putting the info out there so the ppl can decide for themselves and how they want to spend their money

"Yeah I've bought GM pairs before..."

First you said you only buy retail pairs, then you say you have bought GM pairs. Which is it? My guess is that you have never bought a GM pair, but claiming you did to gain credibility here.

And you aren't exposing anything about GM. You have posted zero pictures, zero evidence, zero shoes cut in half. All you have posted is your opinion, which doesn't seem to have much to back it up.

The only thing exposed in this thread, is that unauthorized pairs exist, made my the same workers, with same materials (stolen or 3rd shift).

Some taobao sellers are crooked, and I'm sure some agents are crooked, swapping goods with replicas. Who says I should trust an agent more than the taobao seller directly? If they both take paypal, I'm passing on the agent.

Not trying to beef with you man, but many of us have been in here discussing for dozens of pages. I read the whole thread before I got involved in the convo. Don't just come storming in here like you did, screaming FAKE to these. If I am wrong and you read the entire 118 pages prior, then I apologize.

Last edited:
First you said you only buy retail pairs, then you say you have bought GM pairs. Which is it? My guess is that you have never bought a GM pair, but claiming you did you gain credibility here.

And you aren't exposing anything about GM. You have posted zero pictures, zero evidence, zero shoes cut in half. All you have posted is your opinion, which doesn't seem to have much to back it up.

The only thing exposed in this thread, is that unauthorized pairs exist, made my the same workers, with same materials (stolen or 3rd shift).

Some taobao sellers are crooked, and I'm sure some agents are crooked, swapping goods with replicas. Who says I should trust an agent more than the taobao seller directly? If they both take paypal, I'm passing on the agent.

Not trying to beef with you man, but many of us have been in here discussing for dozens of pages. I read the whole thread before I got involved in the convo. Don't just come storming in here like you did, screaming FAKE to these. If I am wrong and you read the entire 118 pages prior, then I apologize.
people need to start backing up their statements saying " yeah I've disected up gm pairs and they use crappy material" POST THE PICTURES UP PEOPLE.

I do only buy retail pairs but I've tested the GM pairs before to see what the whole hoopla is about as of late. I got royal 1s and retro '88 3s, both came flawed but to the average consumer I guess "acceptable" and I returned them and got a refund, just lost out on shipping, no biggie. 2 years ago I bought Concord 11s and Black Cement 3s early as well, same thing, shoes had flaws. If you can't afford the real thing, why bother? My conclusion is they aren't authentic with my personal experiences and I've seen a lot of ppls pairs in my local area that have bought them. You need proof? It's everywhere if you actually leave your house and network a little bit. There are WAY MORE complaints about GM pairs then there are about ppl that are satisfied with them. Leave your house, interact a bit with other shoe heads and you'll get some realistic answers not just base it on a forum that is 80% approving of GM shoes. I'm not beefing with anyone either, just stating my stance

If your whole collection or a large part of it consist of GM pairs, I can see why you would be for it. 2 simple solutions, get your money up or save your money up and afford the real thing. Don't cheat yourself

Last edited:
My opinion is my opinion, I don't care what everyone has said in the entire forum and having to read 118 pages worth to have my own opinion. You state your own personal experiences with it and that's that. I'm not a sheep where I follow everyones opinions and go with the majority. If 95% of the people raise their hands, it doesn't automatically mean I will too. Speaking your mind is key regardless of the possible backlash. It's just a forum with words, like Lebron said "I ain't got no worries" :lol:

Last edited:
GAMEUPZ

I would quote your post for the points I would wanna argue, but there are too many lol.

Just because people have a newer join date means nothing. I joined in 2012 and have been collecting my entire life... So that's a pretty ****** generalization.

you assume people are being cheated, I call paying $500 for a yellow space jam, when you can buy the same exact thing for $200... Being cheated.

And you come in here telling people "get their bred up" I bet I make more money than you do, but that's not the point. It has nothing to do with not being able to afford retail pairs. You say you bought GM, so you bought them because you couldn't afford retail pairs? u "bread" wasn't up?

People have come to terms with the fact of GM shoes and what they are doing. Your just sounding off for your personal beliefs, and that's fine to an extent. But your not changing anyone's mind so you should probably save your breath.

I could keep going making numerous points, but it's not gonna change anything.

And lastly the pairs I have seen, are identical. JB sends me a flawed retail pair every release, I expect it now. There is always a flaw on any Jordan shoe I buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom