Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
View media item 517048
So ModernNotoriety reposted Ben Ballers pic of Jams. Dudes in the comments saying them joints were "restored," but I can't see how yellow '09 soles would be restored that good to icy blue lol. Too suspect tbh.

Last edited:
So since GM are being passed off as authentic, how do we know replicas aren't being passed off as GM?
Im sure to less knowledgeable buyers they could be but a GM shoes quality is worlds apart from a replica. Even these "perfect replicas" dont match up quality and materials wise to GM shoes. Personally the grey market isnt for everyone. We're lucky enough that if you do decide decide to go the GM route there are agents that will send you pictures of your shoes from every angle. If youre not knowledgeable enough to know what to look for you shouldnt be buying GM shoes. If you are get your agent to keep sending them back and requesting new pairs until you get a pair youre satisfied with. Not towards you in particular but as a general thing.  I personally know 11s and 13s best because those are my favorite shoes and i own about 16-17 pairs between the 2 models released over the past 10+ years. I just know what to look for. Best believe that if I ever do go the GM route I will make sure my agent works for his money lol.

but pretty much to answer your question. A GM shoe can match (some times even surpass) the quality of a Release Day Retail shoe. But a replicas quality isnt going to match that of a GM or a Release day pair. Simply defeats the purpose of that shoe because they would cost more to make so they would cost the consumer more. The selling point of replicas is that they are cheap and imitate the real thing.

Last edited:
Ah I thought he was one of the people that were going to post up GM comparisons.
Haha sorry, i didnt word well. Couldnt edit original post on mobile so i did a quick repost. Didnt mean to throw anyone off.
Its all good. Thanks for posting the pics up fam.

Those gm db4 look horrible 
sick.gif

Fixed.

I'm not a fan of anything JB/DB. I support and applaud the cause, no doubt. But I'm not a fan of the executed color ways. But at the end of the day, you can't hate, its for the kids.

And trick love da kids.

On bigger sizes there are some small differences

The biggest one I noticed was the spacing on the logo on sole is slightly different.

Fixed.

I'm not a fan of anything JB/DB. I support and applaud the cause, no doubt. But I'm not a fan of the executed color ways. But at the end of the day, you can't hate, its for the kids.

And trick love da kids.
I didn't say the shoes in GENERAL were ugly I said the grey markets were made not on point compared to a release date pair.

A GM shoe can match (some times even surpass) the quality of a Release Day Retail shoe. But a replicas quality isnt going to match that of a GM or a Release day pair. Simply defeats the purpose of that shoe because they would cost more to make so they would cost the consumer more. The selling point of replicas is that they are cheap and imitate the real thing.

But you fail to mention that the MAJORITY of the time, GM pairs are an inferior product to retail pairs. The ratio isn't even close, so let's not even go there with match or even surpass retail shoes. The overall consensus is GM shoes are lower quality then retail but I guess close enough for some ppl to be ok with them because of the lower prices. Lower quality can be because of no quality control checks, incomplete packaging, more flaws then the usual JB standards etc...or are we going to dispute this as well? lol

There are many cases where the shoes don't even run true to size or how they should fit. I've seen a lot of GM 4s and 11s run much smaller then what they should be and ppl have complained

Last edited:
thats a great GM pair though, but yeah no way they were "restored" lol what a joke some people lie to themselves to justify what they buy, dont be ashamed just say GM

But a replicas quality isnt going to match that of a GM or a Release day pair.
The "perfect" replica 4s can pass as authentic. I've seen plenty of authentic 4 to perfect rep 4 comparison youtube videos and there's really nothing to differentiate the two. Maybe the box, and that's it.

Last edited:
Wow, I think now I've heard it all. So in other words it's buying J's on release date or bust lol
 lol really small chance though, that would be just bad luck if you get one

most of the time they check the shoes when you return it, but sometimes they don't know schit

Yeah the factories have mastered replicating them. They milk the consumers though by releasing them in different generations:

1st generation: (New release) few molding flaws, paint may be off, cheap entry level price of maybe $50

2nd generation: (Improved version) Certain flaws now fixed, paint now matches authentics, price increase

3rd generation: (perfect version) nearly identical to authentic retail pairs, may contain minor, unnoticeable flaws that cannot be detected when on foot (i.e. fake carbon fiber on Perfect Concords), price usually jumps to 100+ dollars.

Last edited:
View media item 517048
So ModernNotoriety reposted Ben Ballers pic of Jams. Dudes in the comments saying them joints were "restored," but I can't see how yellow '09 soles would be restored that good to icy blue lol. Too suspect tbh.

Grey market all day. Ben Baller is full of **** and go called out on a massive level. Maybe that's the money he payed for high tech non-oxidizing soles that never get dirty. Sole swap yo...

But you fail to mention that the MAJORITY of the time, GM pairs are an inferior product to retail pairs. The ratio isn't even close, so let's not even go there with match or even surpass retail shoes. The overall consensus is GM shoes are lower quality then retail but I guess close enough for some ppl to be ok with them because of the lower prices. Lower quality can be because of no quality control checks, incomplete packaging, more flaws then the usual JB standards etc...or are we going to dispute this as well? lol

There are many cases where the shoes don't even run true to size or how they should fit. I've seen a lot of GM 4s and 11s run much smaller then what they should be and ppl have complained

Read the first sentence, Didn't bother with reading the rest because your wrong again. In this thread alone people have gotten way less flawed products from GM sites. AND 95% of the Jordan's I've purchased in the past year have been flawed, marked, scratches, glued or scuffed - the MAJORITY of RD pairs have issues.

yeah but isnt a 4 or a 3 pretty easy to replicate?

3's and 4's are mega mega easy

In what way are you or anyone for that matter qualified to say that the MAJORITY of GM pairs are anything? Have you personally seen the majority of GM sneakers received by costumers? Where have you seen enough GM shoes to be able to even come to that conclusion? If anything ive seen just as many people praise their GM shoes on here and on youtube as complaints. There have even been people on here that have returned their retail pairs because the GMs looked BETTER.

Most of the grey markets strongest critics are people that lurk around the LC/PC thread and think they know what makes a shoe authentic or replica or GM or Bgrade when they dont know a damn thing. Ive seen people go as far as saying they thought a pair of DMP 11s was GM because it was too icy.  There are actually only a handful of people on the LC thread that can ACTUALLY distinguish a gm shoe from RD shoe without even looking at how icy or blue or whatever state the sole. But what I can tell you is if all of these GM shoes that youve seen come from LC/PC thread then all youve gotten good at is seeing flawed shoes. whether fake,gm, bgrade or authentic.  The issue is most people just take a look at a few pages on the LC/PC thread and think theyre experts on[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]  GM shoes. But like i said the only thing youll have seen in there is a bunch of flawed shoes. Because of the nature of the LC thread 99% of the shoes that end up on there are flawed to begin with and rightly so. Why would someone who has shoes that give them no reason to question authenticity, especially if everything checks out when it comes to quality, have to post their shoes on the LC thread? Same goes for YouTube videos. People make YouTube videos for 2 reasons. For reviews and to complain. If you have nothing to complain about and you know your way around an air jordan model whats the use of that thread unless youre there to help others? Most normal people buy a shoe and put it right back into the box if they look good and you never hear another word about it. Essentially the question is this, if we're looking to see if these stand up to the A grade quality Jordans why would you base all of your judgements and opinions off of a forum that draws in b-dgrades, heavily used and worn shoes, fakes, and shoes that have issues that cause you to question authenticity to begin with? Whether GM or not.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]If you wanted to become familiar with what brand new shoes look like would you go to footlocker or would you go to the goodwill store? youd go to footlocker because new shoes IS THEIR FOCUS. So if you want to know what an unflawed shoe looks like why would you go to a thread that naturally draws in and exploits flaws in shoes in the first place? Because questionable quality shoes is the focus of the LC thread.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Lol its so funny that people think that they can learn more about GM shoes from the LC thread than from this thread itself that focusses soley on GM shoes.[/color]

Last edited:
Fixed.

And trick love da kids.
I didn't say the shoes in GENERAL were ugly I said the grey markets were made not on point compared to a release date pair.

What? What are you talking about?

You do know how the whole "fixed" thing goes right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom