Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I don't understand why ya'll even still talking about that ****.

The ether will be dropped tomorrow. Until then, why even post?

nike  started messing up when they sarted using that pleather and started sucking out the air from air max soles.
Dont forget when they decided to stop using durabuck

laugh.gif
I swear Nike is laughing at us just testing people to see what theyll buy. Its not like Nike doesnt have access to durabuck anymore. Take notice when the VIs retroed the OG blk/red were suede while the Oreos used durabuck.
this upset me greatly....

nike has been laughing ever since they started wasting quality materials on idiotic fusions, spizikes, and random mashups. Imagine the quality of the leather on those airforce jordans was disapointingly good.

nike has been laughing ever since they started wasting quality materials on idiotic fusions, spizikes, and random mashups. Imagine the quality of the leather on those airforce jordans was disapointingly good.
I'm sure they dont laugh when they dont sell. The black/university gold spizikes went all the way down to 89 dollars on nikes website before it finally sold out (went clearanced to 129 109 then 89 i believe)... Which is what jordans should sell for, just like all the other nike shoes.

Last edited:
I have plenty shell toes and chucks. Plenty Gucci and Prada shoes direct from Bergdorf and Nordstrom and Bal Harbour. No vans. :x I don't like what Jordan represents or how they do business, but if I tried to be ethical with clothing, I wouldn't have anything to wear. It's the way of the world. Everything is made in sweat shops and people suffer for everything that we have. "The illusion of wearing a Jordan", the hell does that mean? I like the way certain Jordans look and I buy 'em to rock. I don't cop shoes so some sneaker nerds can sweat me. I can pull out the Day Date 2, Audemars, or Hublot and stunt over any pair of kicks ever posted on here. I like the look of Jordan XIs and I can't even find a pair of Space Jams, Concords or Breds in my size for any price. If I can cop a pair that is nice quality and identical to the official release for less than $300, I'm all for it.

I am seeing now that some of you just cop the kicks because you like to feel "exclusive" and not because you actually like the style of the shoes.

So why even get a real Audemar or Hublot?

I have plenty shell toes and chucks. Plenty Gucci and Prada shoes direct from Bergdorf and Nordstrom and Bal Harbour. No vans. :x I don't like what Jordan represents or how they do business, but if I tried to be ethical with clothing, I wouldn't have anything to wear. It's the way of the world. Everything is made in sweat shops and people suffer for everything that we have. "The illusion of wearing a Jordan", the hell does that mean? I like the way certain Jordans look and I buy 'em to rock. I don't cop shoes so some sneaker nerds can sweat me. I can pull out the Day Date 2, Audemars, or Hublot and stunt over any pair of kicks ever posted on here. I like the look of Jordan XIs and I can't even find a pair of Space Jams, Concords or Breds in my size for any price. If I can cop a pair that is nice quality and identical to the official release for less than $300, I'm all for it.

I am seeing now that some of you just cop the kicks because you like to feel "exclusive" and not because you actually like the style of the shoes.

So why even get a real Audemar or Hublot?

Your tone sounds like you're still skeptical that these

Are coming from da same factories albeit unauthorized, remember they're grey market

Because of approval politics not because of da actual product.

Your tone sounds like you're still skeptical that these

Are coming from da same factories albeit unauthorized, remember they're grey market

Because of approval politics not because of da actual product.

How do you determine what's a grey market and a fake?

I've seen numerous complaints about grey markets that are more significant than regular Jordan flaws.
I've also seen where they take out the zoom air and it's nothing.

You act like these sites are promoting them as grey markets. They're promoting them as authentic, and then charging you resell prices for them.

You know what? I dont think anyone, including myself, is going to be satisfied with just a a comparison with just one pair of authentic space jams vs one pair of grey market space jams. or royals, or whatever shoes you do. Anyone with even the smallest scientific or statistical background/experience knows that results from a sample size this small is almost meaningless. Its impossible to determine any kind of trend based on just one sample from each group. What if the retail pair that chambers has is a sh*tty quality A grade and the GM pair he gets looks great? All the people against GMs are going to say the base for comparison is off cause he had a bad pair. Same goes for the opposite scenario. The only way you're going to get any kind off substantial and credible evidence is to compare multiple pairs of EACH type of shoe. Otherwise no one has any grounds to say that the flaws arent just regular run of the mill factory flaws that come with every shoe. As an engineer I can't classify anything as a "trend" or determine that anything behaves consistently if my sample size is based off of just 1 sample. For you to take the results of the comparison as true youd have to accept the fact that Chambers retail space jams represent ALL 2009 space jams ever made and that the pair of GM space jams he's going to get represent ALL GM pairs that were ever made. Does that sound right to you? don't get me wrong this is probably the most helpful thing anyone in this thread has done in terms of trying to come to a conclusion but it isnt enough and wont prove a damn thing. Now if instead of arguing why dont the members of this community with retail pairs Post detailed pictures of their shoes and members of the community with GM pairs post detailed pictures of theirs. This makes the sample size much larger and allows us to see some kind of trend across pairs and that point the proof will be right in front of us and cant be debated. otherwise these 1 vs 1 comparisons are statistically pointless and wont convince anyone of anything and the arguments will continue. but hey, my post count is low and i just joined so what do i know? right?

Last edited:
You know what? I dont think anyone, including myself, is going to be satisfied with just a a comparison with just one pair of authentic space jams vs one pair of grey market space jams. or royals, or whatever shoes you do. Anyone with even the smallest scientific or statistical background/experience knows that results from a sample size this small is almost meaningless. Its impossible to determine any kind of trend based on just one sample from each group. What if the retail pair that chambers has is a sh*tty quality A grade and the GM pair he gets looks great? All the people against GMs are going to say the base for comparison is off cause he had a bad pair. Same goes for the opposite scenario. The only way you're going to get any kind off substantial and credible evidence is to compare multiple pairs of EACH type of shoe. Otherwise no one has any grounds to say that the flaws arent just regular run of the mill factory flaws that come with every shoe. As an engineer I can't classify anything as a "trend" or determine that anything behaves consistently if my sample size is based off of just 1 sample. For you to take the results of the comparison as true youd have to accept the fact that Chambers retail space jams represent ALL 2009 space jams ever made and that the pair of GM space jams he's going to get represent ALL GM pairs that were ever made. Does that sound right to you? don't get me wrong this is probably the most helpful thing anyone in this thread has done in terms of trying to come to a conclusion but it isnt enough and wont prove a damn thing. Now if instead of arguing why dont the members of this community with retail pairs Post detailed pictures of their shoes and members of the community with GM pairs post detailed pictures of theirs. This makes the sample size much larger and allows us to see some kind of trend across pairs and that point the proof will be right in front of us and cant be debated. otherwise these 1 vs 1 comparisons are statistically pointless and wont convince anyone of anything and the arguments will continue. but hey, my post count is low and i just joined so what do i know? right?

http://s10.photobucket.com/user/lewi1913/media/138_zps481ab31d.gif.html

I am going to assume that he is not a sneakerhead, lol. After he got word that they were fakes, he tried to return them, but they wouldn't accept it. $300, smdh.

If you are in Louisville, KY...DO NOT BUY FROM SOLE FOUNDATIONS
Ha..never heard of this place

These are the "Grey Market" "Custom" whatever Yeezy 2's. IDGAF I would buy a pair. They are so close you can't even tell.

View media item 435152
View media item 435150
View media item 435151
Go look at the Instagram there is way more detailed photos. I'm guessing they sell for $300 to $500. They are made to order. If they figure out how to mass produce these, like factory output level, it's over for the yeezus.

I wanna take these photos and crop them and put them in a legit check and see what people say, lol. They are effing close.

Last edited:
These are the "Grey Market" "Custom" whatever Yeezy 2's. IDGAF I would buy a pair. They are so close you can't even tell.

Go look at the Instagram there is way more detailed photos. I'm guessing they sell for $300 to $500. They are made to order. If they figure out how to mass produce these, like factory output level, it's over for the yeezus.

I wanna take these photos and crop them and put them in a legit check and see what people say, lol. They are effing close.
These aren't grey market shoes. , These are replicas that they buy for like $80 a pair and carve out the scales, paint the pink inner lining solar red-ish add like a matte finish to them, restitch the the toe box, and do other cosmetic alterations to LOOK like authentic yeezys. Essentially theyre still fake/replica. Completely different from what were talking about in this thread though. these arent made with the same materials as as the regular yeezys. Theyll still hold like a pair of replicas normally would. Seems to me like the makers of these justify the price because of the labor but theres no ifs ands or buts about these. theyre fake. and i def wouldnt pay anywhere close to retail for them.

These aren't grey market shoes. , These are replicas that they buy for like $80 a pair and carve out the scales, paint the pink inner lining solar red-ish add like a matte finish to them, restitch the the toe box, and do other cosmetic alterations to LOOK like authentic yeezys. Essentially theyre still fake/replica. Completely different from what were talking about in this thread though. these arent made with the same materials as as the regular yeezys. Theyll still hold like a pair of replicas normally would. Seems to me like the makers of these justify the price because of the labor but theres no ifs ands or buts about these. theyre fake. and i def wouldnt pay anywhere close to retail for them.

If you look at the Instagram they have all the raw materials not even cut. I know what your talking about how they "fix" the replicas. But these are different. They might still be some Frankenstein replica, but they aren't cutting out the scales and ****, they are actually changing the materials completely. These certainly aren't made in a "Nike factory" unauthorized, but regardless that wasn't really the main point of the post at all. I was saying more less if someone can randomly produce them and they look that good, imagine what an actually legit factory could do.

You missed out on a good read bro.
No skin off my back if he doesnt read what I have to say. He must be knowledgeable enough already! As for me I own all the retail 11s I'll personally ever need but I dont mind contributing to this discussion if it could help someone else in anyway.

If you look at the Instagram they have all the raw materials not even cut. I know what your talking about how they "fix" the replicas. But these are different. They might still be some Frankenstein replica, but they aren't cutting out the scales and ****, they are actually changing the materials completely. These certainly aren't made in a "Nike factory" unauthorized, but regardless that wasn't really the main point of the post at all. I was saying more less if someone can randomly produce them and they look that good, imagine what an actually legit factory could do.
View media item 435171I picked up on these guys when they first started making these "perfect" yeezys and back then they were ordering replicas to make them. apparently theyve gotten a little mor advance and order "python skin" to add on top of the existing layer. but like i said essentially theyre nothing authentic about them. theyre not gutting these and replacing them with authentic yeezys materials. theyre just altered to look authentic

Last edited:
some post i read were great. da guy dat said dat da grey markets are fake, but dey are looking more legit because nike is making dere products real cheap unlike back den. dere is no grey market. also some people dont care what dey put on dere feet, but dose guys are fake so dey will be attracted to fake things. dont complain when your balling in some grey market kicks and your feet are in pain. mess around and you might break your ankles. also calm down all yall dat are posting, are posting fakes. yall acting like grey market are legit. lol.

some post i read were great. da guy dat said dat da grey markets are fake, but dey are looking more legit because nike is making dere products real cheap unlike back den. dere is no grey market. also some people dont care what dey put on dere feet, but dose guys are fake so dey will be attracted to fake things. dont complain when your balling in some grey market kicks and your feet are in pain. mess around and you might break your ankles. also calm down all yall dat are posting, are posting fakes. yall acting like grey market are legit. lol.
Can you maybe write in English next time? Thanks.

No disrespect with my comment but I am wearing some Grape 5s as I type this that I copped from eastbay.com on release day and my pinky toe is killing me. I got my typical size too. It's the same thing with the retail joints fam. Lately JB products sizing are not consistent. Hell I had to go a full size up on the cool grey 9s since I bought those in store and got to try them on. Had I had that opportunity with the grapes I definitely would have half sized or sized up. Feet in pain because they're GM kicks is an irrevelant argument to make. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom