Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect with my comment but I am wearing some Grape 5s as I type this that I copped from eastbay.com on release day and my pinky toe is killing me. I got my typical size too. It's the same thing with the retail joints fam. Lately JB products sizing are not consistent. Hell I had to go a full size up on the cool grey 9s since I bought those in store and got to try them on. Had I had that opportunity with the grapes I definitely would have half sized or sized up. Feet in pain because they're GM kicks is an irrevelant argument to make. 

JB sizes have always been inconsistent. You'll find that amongst all the companies.

You are doing something wrong. And it's especially annoying since this thread was actually going somewhere and you come in and derail with some BS build-a-yeezy. I've never reported anyone on NT. But when you are blatantly posting kicks you know are fake anywhere on NT to discuss them. That's the ***** move.

I'm not trying to derail anything. And according to 75% of the people on this thread GM kicks ARE FAKE, so what's the difference. I was simply making the point that if grey market factories wanted to produce Yeezy's that looked like the real legit shoe, they could. I'm sorry if that topic isn't up to YOUR standards of what should and shouldn't be on this thread. If you don't like the topic, ignore it and continue posting about retro 11's like you guys have been for the past 2 weeks and that would be that, instead you decide to interject like that threatening to report people, that's crazy to me. It's not that serious bro, you can have your thread back to talk about whatever YOU decide...

and no my last comment wasnt da ether. before going to bed i deiced not to body everyone dat supports grey market. Why? each person is different and i cant tell dem what to do. So da ether was canceled until futher noticed. also like someone stated before "your not get preminum quality" when you cop your jordans. so your feet are going to hurt. i would like to see grey market foamposite or some lebron 10. Why? cant dey cant make dem with da same quality.

consider yourselve lucky, cause i was going to bring it and no one was safe.

Last edited:
and no my last comment wasnt da ether. before going to bed i deiced not to body everyone dat supports grey market. Why? each person is different and i cant tell dem what to do. So da ether was canceled until futher noticed. also like someone stated before "your not get preminum quality" when you cop your jordans. so your feet are going to hurt. i would like to see grey market foamposite or some lebron 10. Why? cant dey cant make dem with da same quality.

if you know something (aka ether) that would bring this grey market: real vs fake argument to rest why the hell wouldnt you share it? how is this helping this thread at all?

No skin off my back if he doesnt read what I have to say. He must be knowledgeable enough already! As for me I own all the retail 11s I'll personally ever need but I dont mind contributing to this discussion if it could help someone else in anyway.

:lol: Honestly no offense, just use some paragraph structure or something. I see a novel like that and I always skip it, that's just me though.

It's all good though 8)

sure dey might look similar, have you tried dem on? once on feet you are going to tell da difference right away. Why are you guys begging to get ehter? something ii dont get. Jordans are easy to replicate becasue of very poor comfort.

Stop with the analogies though. Seems like everyone has their own LOL

Man, my analogy was DEAD on. DEEZRSACKOLISHUS tried to play me like my **** an't make sense :lol:

MAN DAT ANALOGY WAS GOLD.

You missed out on a good read bro.
No skin off my back if he doesnt read what I have to say. He must be knowledgeable enough already! As for me I own all the retail 11s I'll personally ever need but I dont mind contributing to this discussion if it could help someone else in anyway.

I hear what you saying fam, but next time, break that **** up so my eyes don't hurt from all that white text on a black bg. I wear glasses man, my eyes are already bad enough.

And yeah, those YeezBay joints are blatant fugazi. Those don't belong in here. Those should go in the Yeezy 2 legit check thread.

http://img04.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i4/51492967/T2..n4XcxaXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg[img]

[img]http://img02.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i2/51492967/T2m.Y3Xi4aXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg

T2m.Y3Xi4aXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg

Oh. FOAMBS YOU SAY?

T2jZHVXedXXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg

T2jZHVXedXXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg

T2SG6VXcdXXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg

Wait... Wut..

T2AyjkXaNbXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg

T2XubcXaFbXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg

T2FSaKXg4bXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg

And it doesn't stop at just Nike's and Jordans...

T2aszTXolaXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg

Keep telling yourselves these are "replica's" without the same materials/technology as the retail pairs... The only thing wrong with these shoes are the legality/authorization. These are the SAME shoes you buy from the store. SAME materials, SAME quality.

Stop blinding yourselves trying to defend your receipts...

Its one thing to not support them because they aren't exactly legal, but don't tell yourselves that they aren't the same as what you got in your closet :lol:

OH yeah, and WHERE'S DAT ETHER PLEIGHBOII? I AIN'T FORGET.

Last edited:

No offense but I wish people would try a little harder to type normal english. You don't have to try to type how you talk.

Da = the
Dem = them
Dey = they
Dat = that
Doh = though

Good luck getting a REAL job someday and typing like dat wit da emails :x

You can say anything you want to anyone, as long as you start with "No offense" :rofl:

Last edited:
LOL at thinking because shoes on taobao that they are all grey market... SMH

there are LEGIT sellers on there who sell actually authentic items.

those Kobes arent GM

but they do have GM Foams i guess, but i dont see anything thats different from retail pair

I have plenty shell toes and chucks. Plenty Gucci and Prada shoes direct from Bergdorf and Nordstrom and Bal Harbour. No vans. :x I don't like what Jordan represents or how they do business, but if I tried to be ethical with clothing, I wouldn't have anything to wear. It's the way of the world. Everything is made in sweat shops and people suffer for everything that we have. "The illusion of wearing a Jordan", the hell does that mean? I like the way certain Jordans look and I buy 'em to rock. I don't cop shoes so some sneaker nerds can sweat me. I can pull out the Day Date 2, Audemars, or Hublot and stunt over any pair of kicks ever posted on here. I like the look of Jordan XIs and I can't even find a pair of Space Jams, Concords or Breds in my size for any price. If I can cop a pair that is nice quality and identical to the official release for less than $300, I'm all for it.

I am seeing now that some of you just cop the kicks because you like to feel "exclusive" and not because you actually like the style of the shoes.

So why even get a real Audemar or Hublot?

Because they cost over $10k and have expensive movements and I can get them serviced by an authorized retailer if they break or need work. There is no such thing as a top quality replica watch, despite what you may believe. We are talking about tennis shoes here, something that doesn't last that long anyways. I don't cherish my kicks like some of the posters here. I cop them because I like the way that they look, and I wear 'em until they look raggedy, then I toss 'em. I don't stunt off of my kicks. They are there because I like them. I stunt with watches, cars, cribs and jewelry. Nobody thinks that you are cool because you have some inside hookup at Footlocker or because you camped out for 2 days in a Supreme tent for a rare release. That's for little kids. If kicks start getting too high on the resale market, I will just stop copping altogether and stick to Louie, Gucci, Lanvin, etc.

Last edited:

those Kobes arent GM

but they do have GM Foams i guess, but i dont see anything thats different from retail pair

True. A lot of sellers on Taobao only have like 1 or 2 sizes for sale. There are a lot of legit sellers, but its easy to tell which sellers are selling retail pairs and which ones aren't.

Some people fail to realize that Taobao is like... The EBAY of the asian market. So everything isn't grey market just because its on there.

But nah, those Kobe's I posted were more than likely GM just like the Jordans and Lebrons and Foams. The site has Jordan XVII's and Pre Release Jordans, Space Jams, Concords, Cool Greys, Metalic V's, etc etc. A lot of these places are selling the same shoes coming from the same factory I imagine.

Its really easy to tell which ones are GM on taobao... Like 6-7 stores will have the SAME exact inventory.

But what a lot of people don't really realize is that these shoes go for retail + a little over retail. The only reason why the Jordans don't cost as much is because the Air Jordan market is so over saturated that they can sell more Jordans for cheaper and still make profit. Why? Because everyone wants them. They have an endless supply of Jordan XI materials because the Jordan XI is the most popular Air Jordan. They probably ordered tons of patent leather and rubber soles and just continue to make them because people still want them...

But the Lebrons and Kobe's and Foams all go for retail+. The more exclusive Jordans like the XVII's and Royal 1's go for more than the rest of the Jordans like Space Jams.

Those Lebrons I posted go for $256 USD.

What "replica" costs that much?

Last edited:
So by pics you're determining they're the same?

I've seen great pics of those ashy grapes where they didn't look ashy. All of MJROD's pics look great, regardless if I like the sneaker he's taking pics of.

And who's to say those pics aren't of the real thing and you might not get something different.

So by pics you're determining they're the same?

I've seen great pics of those ashy grapes where they didn't look ashy. All of MJROD's pics look great, regardless if I like the sneaker he's taking pics of.

And who's to say those pics aren't of the real thing and you might not get something different.

You're hiding behind your skepticism. You just don't want to accept the fact that these shoes are identical.

You guys are coming up with more excuses for why these aren't the same. I'm posting evidence, and you're posting more questions running around in circles.

Dude posted a pair of Royal 1's that are exactly the same as a retail pair. I post up pictures of more sneakers.

At this point, you're just in denial.

those Kobes arent GM

Those foams look fake, but the Kobe's don't.

SMH. when you guys post pics ina other thread atleast state dey are grey market. yall messing it up.

those Kobes arent GM

Those foams look fake, but the Kobe's don't.

how do the foams look fake? :lol:

and please explain whats wrong with the Jordan 1's? ive asked twice and still not explanation..

I'm assuming this is directed at me so I will respond to it.

ALL early release kicks, unless they have SAMPLE stamped inside of them, are grey market. Production has to start before the release date of the shoes. Nike doesn't just magically drop them in stores on the release date. In the time leading up to release, pairs are leaked out of the factory one way or another and end up being sold in a different market than Nike had planned for in it's supply chain. These are sunk costs due to poor factory management and employee dissatisfaction and greed. These costs and lost pairs don't make even remotely close to a big enough impact for them to do anything about it. And that is why this market exists.

So if I am holding in my hands, the same exact shoe that I know will release in 1-3 months, why wouldn't I share it with the community? It's a pair from the batch of production that got out of the factory. Niketalk is where people come to see pics of things before they come out. THIS is how that happens. Don't "SMH" at me for contributing to this community. I've been here since 2003, no second accounts, no BS, have sold to some of the Mods on here, have met NTers in real life. I'm telling it how it is. I don't care if you don't believe me or wanna take my word any more. If I was posting fakes I'd be banned by now. Some of you guys are dense and caught up in fantasy.

Illegal and unethical business practices occur in companies all across the world on both macro and micro levels every single day! If you think Nike, one of the largest corporations in the world, is immune to this then you are uneducated or gullible.

Jesus I feel like I'm in business school doing a case study again :lol:

this all right here should end the post and this is how early pairs get out

this man knows what hes talking about

why would it mattter? cmon son. it matters because da dey are posting to let others in da thread see dey have dem early and legit. dey basically fooling dem. dey should make dis a rule when posting early kicks pics. you have to say dey are grey market/fakes

why would it mattter? cmon son. it matters because da dey are posting to let others in da thread see dey have dem early and legit. dey basically fooling dem. dey should make dis a rule when posting early kicks pics. you have to say dey are grey market/fakes
You make it sound like gray markets are fakes.

Gray Markets != fakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom