Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to simplify things, to make shoes, a factory needs basically 3 things:
1. The Tech-Pack and Spec Sheet
2. The Molds for the sole and midsole
3. The actual materials

Nike does not assemble shoes, nor do they actually produce the materials used on their shoes (Neither does adidas, Reebok or any other large company). These are all contracted out to other companies that specialize in those fields. Nike has these factories produce samples to their specs and when they confirm the sample, they produce a final Spec Sheet of every material that will be on the shoe, along with a list of how much each component costs and who will supply the material. After this is all added up and calculated and audited intensely then the factory's negotiated profit per pair is added on top. The factory then orders the materials from the approved suppliers and Nike pays the factory to open up the steel molds (very expensive to do full size run in multiple sets and this is why companies only open up new molds if they will be able to sell a large quantity to amortize costs). The factory produces the quantity Nike ordered and paid for and ships them to Memphis. Along the way Nike has QC people in all their factories like the Pou Chen group pulling pairs from the production line to ensure the quality is as they have ordered.

Now, being that Nike is not producing the materials themselves, nor are they assembling the shoes themselves, something has run afoul along the way as people over there who are involved in the chain have obviously noticed how much the product is worth back in the USA. Not helping at all is the fact that Nike has opened a sizeable amount of molds of every signature Jordan a few years back for the CDP packs which were produced in very large quantities across a range of different factories. By looking at this you can kind of fill in the blanks as to what is happening and where these shoes are coming from....

is this not what we have been saying? its profitable market now because of hypebeasts and how popular jordans are now. they have the chance to make a lot of money so they do this.

makes tons more sense now, big ups to Big L Esco on dropping that nugget. The manufacturers are in cahoots with the material makers, or at least because of Nikes contracts/contacts they now know where to get it. This now leads me to believe that the lower quality joints are more than likely made out of the same tech packs but had the molds created by eye and of course way cheaper material. Honestly the finger should be pointed at Nike for the simple fact of lowering the quality of their product and the hypebeasts of course for the same reasoning duke said above.

is this not what we have been saying? its profitable market now because of hypebeasts and how popular jordans are now. they have the chance to make a lot of money so they do this.
Yes to an extent.  The very end of his post (about the CDP molds) is new info to me though and I have been following this thread since it was made.

So can I get a consensus oh seller zadehkicks posted on the last page? Feedback leads me to believe legit, but a random fsr of royals in may is sketch.

you said it yourself that he has had shoes before release...

I'm not ready to concede that just because somebody that sells volume gets a sample pair a few months ahead of time all of their stuff is GM.

ummmm so why are you asking them? its ebay and paypal, you are protected, he has 5000+ feedback at a great %....

just saying..

3. The actual materials

Nike does not assemble shoes, nor do they actually produce the materials used on their shoes (Neither does adidas, Reebok or any other large company). These are all contracted out to other companies that specialize in those fields. Nike has these factories produce samples to their specs and when they confirm the sample, they produce a final Spec Sheet of every material that will be on the shoe, along with a list of how much each component costs and who will supply the material. After this is all added up and calculated and audited intensely then the factory's negotiated profit per pair is added on top. The factory then orders the materials from the approved suppliers and Nike pays the factory to open up the steel molds (very expensive to do full size run in multiple sets and this is why companies only open up new molds if they will be able to sell a large quantity to amortize costs). The factory produces the quantity Nike ordered and paid for and ships them to Memphis. Along the way Nike has QC people in all their factories like the Pou Chen group pulling pairs from the production line to ensure the quality is as they have ordered.

Now, being that Nike is not producing the materials themselves, nor are they assembling the shoes themselves, something has run afoul along the way as people over there who are involved in the chain have obviously noticed how much the product is worth back in the USA. Not helping at all is the fact that Nike has opened a sizeable amount of molds of every signature Jordan a few years back for the CDP packs which were produced in very large quantities across a range of different factories. By looking at this you can kind of fill in the blanks as to what is happening and where these shoes are coming from....

This same information has been posted numerous times in this thread. I posted the exact same thing several pages back and BigL was the person I was referring to when I said that I had a friend who hipped me to what was actually going on and was in the industry.

There will never be grey market Yeezys, this is the closest thing ull get which is $75

[font=黑体]
T2wqj9XjNaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2Uo_DXoxaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2GUH9XfFXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2Ur__XcxXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2jBv9XgBXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2v8T4XkxaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2_iv8XgFaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2NAllXlFOXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
[/font]

T2f0L_XbXXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2Efj9XgFaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T22eT_Xc0XXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2dG2yXdpbXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2fBr9XcdaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2hJD_XdJXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2XNFBXeFOXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2pqP_XeXXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2pqP_XeXXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2VdFIXc8dXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2nBf9XmlXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2JxbkXh8bXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2WPz9XcRaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T280H_XdNXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2YTP8XoNaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2mj69XdpaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2vSj8XjlaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2Cuf8XlVaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2bLj9XhpaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2t92bXh8XXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2p528XhtaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2qJGDXlBcXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2gtP9XhVXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2pg_9XeNaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2pg_9XeNaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2SK__XclXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2pgT_XalXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2s3z_XaBXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2EGf_Xh8XXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T241j9XhtaXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2zBXyXoNOXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2y5j9Xa4aXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg
T2F5T8XnNXXXXXXXXX_!!1032888684.jpg

3. The actual materials

Very insightful info... I've tried to say that these GM shoes are made from the same mold and such. I can not believe people really think it's easy to replicate a basketball shoe to it's full specifications, let alone all of those models listed by those GM vendors... it's not like these factories throw away those expensive steel molds, when they can be making profit!

Last edited:
Very insightful info... I've tried to say that these GM shoes are made from the same mold and such. I can not believe people really think it's easy to replicate a basketball shoe to it's full specifications, let alone all of those models listed by those GM vendors... it's not like these factories throw away those expensive steel molds, when they can be making profit!
When I live in Asia... I was always told that employee (a few) intention make a bad badge so that it would not pass 1st stage of quality control (cut and shape before forming into a shoe). Once it get dump out... the dumping guy (who would be on the same team) would take the material. And together as a team, they produce a few batch just to sell within the country to make extra few bucks about 20ush ish per pair...  Price range are a little different since there are few levels: A, B, C due to the amount of material they stole from the factory.  If they have to substitute something else.. the price get drop.  I wouldn't blame them for their hustle and grey market out there since they only make about 200usd/month.  For an a-hole that resell those fake one for USA retail price... man.. i hate them.

Last edited:
How are GM pairs marked? On the inside tag are the numbers representative of "normal" pairs or does it just say "99999999" like I think I read previously in this forum?

How are GM pairs marked? On the inside tag are the numbers representative of "normal" pairs or does it just say "99999999" like I think I read previously in this forum?

they arnent marked any different, same tags as retail pairs since thats pretty much what they are.

heres a video with actual replicas. kinda crazy how good replicas are getting. these sell for $82.

weird thing is, the guy says his authentic pair is legit but they look MAD weird as hell :lol:

heres a video with actual replicas. kinda crazy how good replicas are getting. these sell for $82.

weird thing is, the guy says his authentic pair is legit but they look MAD weird as hell :lol:

That elephant print on the "authentic" doe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom