Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do your research you'll find the sites those sites buy from. It's fairly well known that they're the gate of the grey market; if there's an early release or unauthorized pair on a site it probably came from them.

Early release sites bought up their toro 4s @ $150 & they flipped them for 300+, it's very lucrative, especially now that we have people going out of their way to encourage others to buy them at obscene prices.

Gm space jams are on the way. In new York post facility. I should have them by Friday. I figured with PayPal it was a safe purchase. Comparison pics coming soon!

There you go again. No one is soliciting or encouraging anyone to buy GM shoes. All they're saying is that the shoes are the same and if you have already bought a pair and didn't know they shouldn't be worrying about it as far as quality and construction of the shoe.

great video comparing da perfect space jam replicas to da grey market authentics.

replica community? :lol: :smh:

yea man..my sneaker era is coming to a end soon anyways...ill always be on NT, but as far as hoarding kicks?

da sun is setting on that soon..
That 23 looks terrible.

If you do your research you'll find the sites those sites buy from. It's fairly well known that they're the gate of the grey market; if there's an early release or unauthorized pair on a site it probably came from them.

Early release sites bought up their toro 4s @ $150 & they flipped them for 300+, it's very lucrative, especially now that we have people going out of their way to encourage others to buy them at obscene prices.

dont recall ANY sites selling them for $150 otherwise everyone would have had them. maybe that wholesale price for them

you cant really trust any retailers but ndc unless you know the people personally. you know how easy it would be for a manager or some high positioned shoe store employee that has access to gm wholesale to completely swap a full size run for gm's. i know this is highly unlikely but there are definitely some ppl out there doing this.

you cant really trust any retailers but ndc unless you know the people personally. you know how easy it would be for a manager or some high positioned shoe store employee that has access to gm wholesale to completely swap a full size run for gm's. i know this is highly unlikely but there are definitely some ppl out there doing this.
ppl aint going in hoh or any ftl and switching kicks lol, that might be a little too paranoid

I would much rather give my money to grey market for retail, than to resellers in the USA. As long as the kicks are the same, I'm cool with that. :rolleyes

In all honesty the whole sneaker game is getting a little too crowded for my liking. I've got 80+ sneakers sitting in my room monday through friday because I have an office job (engineer) and although I'm still keeping up with releases the desire to do so just isn't as strong anymore. I'm glad everyone has access to the shoes they want but you'd be shocked at who the sneaker game consists of now a days. Thugs who are stuck in 2003 wearing baggy jeans and white tees bullying there way into sneaker lines causing trouble, skinny jeaned/camo short wearing pretty boys whit size small hollister shirts, and 12-13 year old white kids from upper middle class suburbs that get their parents to spring the cash for reseller priced kicks. I'm not hating on anyone but when youre wearing these shoes you gotta be prepared to accept that theres an image that comes with it, no matter who you are individually

This thread has blown my mind. I've only read the first couple pages not gonna go through 65. Most of the thread seems to be dudes either agreeing with/arguing with ninjahood tho 
laugh.gif
   Here's my understanding:

1) Fakes/Replicas are not made of the same materials as authentic retail pairs and maybe even in colorways that have never been released. First thing that comes to my mind are the early 00's XI's from hata-takahashi.com and other such sites that just screamed fake with the gucci prints and never released by nike colorways.

2) Grey Market  pairs are made "after closing hours" at official nike sneaker wharehouses of the same materials, mold and by the same workers of the "official during business hour pairs" that go to Nike, FTL, Champs etc

3) Cats is arguing with Ninja about condoning fakes. he never said he bought a pair, simply said he "saw and held" them. I believe he is just trying to get folks to peep game about what is going on. But folk is making fun of how he types up his responses and disagreeing with his opinion instead of realizing that these fakes look damn good. And a lot of us is/are/could be fooled by them. 

4) Anyone buying these and reselling for 400-500 like i see on ebay is just wrong imo.

5) How in the hell are we gonna be able to tell Non-Jordan XI Grey markets ( foams, jordans without clear soles, kobe's etc ) appart from legit pairs. This is gonna be a problem.

Thread definitely got my attention. I need an answer for point  #5 and will be glued to this thread for educational purposes. 

This thread has blown my mind. I've only read the first couple pages not gonna go through 65. Most of the thread seems to be dudes either agreeing with/arguing with ninjahood tho 
laugh.gif
   Here's my understanding:

1) Fakes/Replicas are not made of the same materials as authentic retail pairs and maybe even in colorways that have never been released. First thing that comes to my mind are the early 00's XI's from hata-takahashi.com and other such sites that just screamed fake with the gucci prints and never released by nike colorways.

2) Grey Market  pairs are made "after closing hours" at official nike sneaker wharehouses of the same materials, mold and by the same workers of the "official during business hour pairs" that go to Nike, FTL, Champs etc

3) Cats is arguing with Ninja about condoning fakes. he never said he bought a pair, simply said he "saw and held" them. I believe he is just trying to get folks to peep game about what is going on. But folk is making fun of how he types up his responses and disagreeing with his opinion instead of realizing that these fakes look damn good. And a lot of us is/are/could be fooled by them. 

4) Anyone buying these and reselling for 400-500 like i see on ebay is just wrong imo.

5) How in the hell are we gonna be able to tell Non-Jordan XI Grey markets ( foams, jordans without clear soles, kobe's etc ) appart from legit pairs. This is gonna be a problem.

Thread definitely got my attention. I need an answer for point  #5 and will be glued to this thread for educational purposes. 
The problem lies in their existence and production, not in the actual product itself. Theyre the same shoes. 

The problem lies in their existence and production, not in the actual product itself. Theyre the same shoes. 
I agree but we have no power over those things so now we must acknowledge their existence and how to distinguish them from legit pairs if possible. Or accept them as they are and purchase if thats your thing.

More then likely if anyone has bought a pair off Ebay from a seller who has close to a full size run 9 times out of 10 you bought grey market kicks.   That's why if you miss a release for what ever reason your better off going the grey market route because they are gonna be cheaper.   Why pay reseller prices for kicks that are more then likely grey market to begin with when you can spent a little over retail to get them.    

More then likely if anyone has bought a pair off Ebay from a seller who has close to a full size run 9 times out of 10 you bought grey market kicks.   That's why if you miss a release for what ever reason your better off going the grey market route because they are gonna be cheaper.   Why pay reseller prices for kicks that are more then likely grey market to begin with when you can spent a little over retail to get them.    
lol mostly cause its illegal but, other than that i feel you.

So what are grey markets? Just Jordan's that are made in nike factories without nikes permission right?

Last edited:
OK. I ordered some space jams off of a reputable gm site on taoboa. I figured I used PayPal so it was a win win if I didn't like them and if I couldn't return them, I can still get my money back. Total was roughly $240 shipped it took exactly 10 days to receive. Here are my pics.
View media item 458165Box looked authentic in comparison with my concords from Finishline. I wear a size 14 normally, but, if I really want a shoe, a may size up or down according to what is available. The box mirrors the size 13 from Finishline. I can't judge off the cool grey's from Nike.com because everybody know for whatever reason, Nike uses dinosaur boxes for shoes pass the size 13 range.

View media item 458171View media item 458172View media item 458174View media item 458178View media item 458179
My final conclusions are.....they are the real deal...with a few exceptions. I did notice that the patent leather cut is thicker and higher of a cut than the other retros. Now, if you were fortunate enough to have the of models or even the 2000 models, this is the same cut. I sent my of concords, 2000 space jams and 2000 Columbia's to a fellow nt member for restoration. When I get those back I will do another comparison. Also, the missiles are much more softer and comfortable than my black/red 2012 retros. I honestly like these more than the actual release pair. JB need to take some pointers. It is possible the 2000 molds are being used for these, just like how the old 17's are now surfacing. I think there is a hole in the system and JB can't control which could be the reason for the constant re-releases right now. Either way, I can say with confidence these are the same materials used I.e. the same shoe....either from 2000 (Which is actually a good thing) Side note, I do not have the 09 space jams to compare. Besides, from what I heard about the quality of those, these surpass the 09's anyway.

those grey market icy bottom space jams dont come close to surpassing the 09 space jams. My boy has a pair of the taboos and its like night and day. I compared my 09 pair to them and you can easily tell the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom