Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone would deny that the icey blue looks better than the clear/piss yellow soles though.
those grey market icy bottom space jams dont come close to surpassing the 09 space jams. My boy has a pair of the taboos and its like night and day. I compared my 09 pair to them and you can easily tell the difference

These are not the regular taoboa pair. Many are fake just like our own eBay. This guy is known for having Nike product from the factory. These are the right soles. Amdmyes honestly, I think I do like the blue tint soles. At least on the 11's.

I am wondering how long this supply of old XIs will last. Will they run out of materials soon?

I believe it will. Some shoes stock when low, they are out. It appears that the newer ones with the blue tint soles could be from the 11 black gamma stock in December. Same upper and patent.

OK. I ordered some space jams off of a reputable gm site on taoboa. I figured I used PayPal so it was a win win if I didn't like them and if I couldn't return them, I can still get my money back. Total was roughly $240 shipped it took exactly 10 days to receive. Here are my pics.
View media item 458165Box looked authentic in comparison with my concords from Finishline. I wear a size 14 normally, but, if I really want a shoe, a may size up or down according to what is available. The box mirrors the size 13 from Finishline. I can't judge off the cool grey's from Nike.com because everybody know for whatever reason, Nike uses dinosaur boxes for shoes pass the size 13 range.

View media item 458171View media item 458172View media item 458174View media item 458178View media item 458179
My final conclusions are.....they are the real deal...with a few exceptions. I did notice that the patent leather cut is thicker and higher of a cut than the other retros. Now, if you were fortunate enough to have the of models or even the 2000 models, this is the same cut. I sent my of concords, 2000 space jams and 2000 Columbia's to a fellow nt member for restoration. When I get those back I will do another comparison. Also, the missiles are much more softer and comfortable than my black/red 2012 retros. I honestly like these more than the actual release pair. JB need to take some pointers. It is possible the 2000 molds are being used for these, just like how the old 17's are now surfacing. I think there is a hole in the system and JB can't control which could be the reason for the constant re-releases right now. Either way, I can say with confidence these are the same materials used I.e. the same shoe....either from 2000 (Which is actually a good thing) Side note, I do not have the 09 space jams to compare. Besides, from what I heard about the quality of those, these surpass the 09's anyway.

These look like the ones that I got. Did you notice that the carbon fiber is weird? It is still indented, but different than the legit pairs and the actual material on the kicks is softer. I will stop procrastinating and post up my pics comparing 'em to the 09s tomorrow.

Carbon fiber seems straight. I don't get to caught up with that because my legit pairs look painted as well. As long as the overall cosmetics are on point, I bypass small stuff. My black/red from Finishline were all jacked up. 23 is crooked on the right shoe, glue was all over the upper cloth ( I had to use goo gone and tweezers to get the glue off). On the heel of my Jordan fired red 3m tongue, the jumpman is not quite centered and these came from d---ssporting goods. So flaws do exist regardless. But, as mentioned, the midsoles are softer which reminds me of my 2000 pair. Definitely more comfortable and I actually like the thicker higher cut patent which is also reminiscent of the of and 2000 pairs.

I believe someone could post a pair of Space Jams, authentic release from Nike.com, and say they were Grey Market. Then people would come in here stating they can see the differences and its so obvious they are fake blah blah blah :x

You can take 10 pairs of authentic Js, any model and compare them, and they will all be slightly different. This is normal, c'mon people...

I believe someone could post a pair of Space Jams, authentic release from Nike.com, and say they were Grey Market. Then people would come in here stating they can see the differences and its so obvious they are fake blah blah blah :x

You can take 10 pairs of authentic Js, any model and compare them, and they will all be slightly different. This is normal, c'mon people...

/thread

thats exactly what would happen and ive said it a million times.

some grey markets are obvious but theres some that are same damn thing as what we are buying in stores... actually some are better.

Hahahaha

Funniest post ever

"They are the real deal.....with a few exceptions."

.......... Soooooo theyre not the real deal

And I said that line just for the comments like this. Smh. None of my release day pairs even match exactly, so I added that line for the forensics expert out there....which I guess you took it. Materials....spot on. Definitely not the fakes or super fakes. I will conclude these are Nike materials with Nike molds. My life isn't strictly Nike talk, but the box, color on the tissue paper, insoles, insole stamp, shoe inserts, stitching, lining, matches. So. That few exception line is for minor stuff. Read some of my other posts. For example, I know Nike stamps under the insoles of shoes, but several of my shoes do not have that stamp? Why? Who knows! But I still no my shoes are legit, unless a lot of smugglers placed fakes into retail stores.

And that has been done before, if I am not mistaken by a moderator.

And the king of grey market shoes, mr. Ninjahood himself, finally had to admit

WE CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE WITH THE SPACE JAMS AND XI

other shoes not so much

And our boy jchambers said the materials are a lil diff too

/thread

thats exactly what would happen and ive said it a million times.

some grey markets are obvious but theres some that are same damn thing as what we are buying in stores... actually some are better.

Lowkey, it has already been done in this very thread. :wink: :nerd:

And the king of grey market shoes, mr. Ninjahood himself, finally had to admit

WE CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE WITH THE SPACE JAMS AND XI

other shoes not so much

And our boy jchambers said the materials are a lil diff too

Yeah, it is still debatable tho, cause I'm not sure that the pair I got are grey market. The quality difference is night and day between the Grapes I got and the Space Jams. The Jams look OK, but the carbon fiber is weird and the materials are too soft compared to my other XIs. I honestly believe that there are better quality ones out there than the ones I got.

OK. I ordered some space jams off of a reputable gm site on taoboa. I figured I used PayPal so it was a win win if I didn't like them and if I couldn't return them, I can still get my money back. Total was roughly $240 shipped it took exactly 10 days to receive. Here are my pics.
View media item 458165Box looked authentic in comparison with my concords from Finishline. I wear a size 14 normally, but, if I really want a shoe, a may size up or down according to what is available. The box mirrors the size 13 from Finishline. I can't judge off the cool grey's from Nike.com because everybody know for whatever reason, Nike uses dinosaur boxes for shoes pass the size 13 range.

View media item 458171View media item 458172View media item 458174View media item 458178View media item 458179
My final conclusions are.....they are the real deal...with a few exceptions. I did notice that the patent leather cut is thicker and higher of a cut than the other retros. Now, if you were fortunate enough to have the of models or even the 2000 models, this is the same cut. I sent my of concords, 2000 space jams and 2000 Columbia's to a fellow nt member for restoration. When I get those back I will do another comparison. Also, the missiles are much more softer and comfortable than my black/red 2012 retros. I honestly like these more than the actual release pair. JB need to take some pointers. It is possible the 2000 molds are being used for these, just like how the old 17's are now surfacing. I think there is a hole in the system and JB can't control which could be the reason for the constant re-releases right now. Either way, I can say with confidence these are the same materials used I.e. the same shoe....either from 2000 (Which is actually a good thing) Side note, I do not have the 09 space jams to compare. Besides, from what I heard about the quality of those, these surpass the 09's anyway.

Nice comparison pics. And is it just me, or does this pair have the same sole as the 09s? I don't see that blue tinted sole that a lot of the new gray market pairs have been comin with, so that's kinda scary...

I am wondering how long this supply of old XIs will last. Will they run out of materials soon?

If you're inquiring about the higher quality materials - they've always been there, Nike just chooses not to use them. In my days working retail, I had access to samples - the differences in quality would be night and day on some models on others not so much.

There is a real thirst for Nike/JB product and it's mind boggling when the 'grey' market product is actually better than the 'authentic'! Goes back to what I've been saying for a few years about Nike/JB hustling 'authentic fakes'.

If you're inquiring about the higher quality materials - they've always been there, Nike just chooses not to use them. In my days working retail, I had access to samples - the differences in quality would be night and day on some models on others not so much.

There is a real thirst for Nike/JB product and it's mind boggling when the 'grey' market product is actually better than the 'authentic'! Goes back to what I've been saying for a few years about Nike/JB hustling 'authentic fakes'.

:rofl:

:smh:

Yeah, it is still debatable tho, cause I'm not sure that the pair I got are grey market. The quality difference is night and day between the Grapes I got and the Space Jams. The Jams look OK, but the carbon fiber is weird and the materials are too soft compared to my other XIs. I honestly believe that there are better quality ones out there than the ones I got.

Jcham....I do think the ones you got are fakes. The site I compared with the jams you told me about actually used another sites stock pictures. Dead give away for fakes. Not saying they don't sell other authentics.....but those jams are questionable based off of that shady practice in general.

Hahaha sure.

Ask for better side shot pics with good light

U can tell on the pics of the heels.

Nust like the pairs dudes were trying to push in buy/sell

View media item 458753
My point here

The cg xi came with a blue tint

Those sj have a bluer tint than the cg

And those arent the bottoms where it yellows.

And in actuality, they look the exact same, minus the aging on the CG.

So hence, those sj have a blue tint

Granted it aint concord tint blue. I give u that. But it aint clear like the 09

But of course, the one member who has both pairs real and GM, says they are different,

And of course everyone says they aint GM but fakes.

And jcham even said those look identical to the ones he got.

So his fake and those are real?

Literally not coming at you, just convo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom