Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh? quality of the materials has nothing to do with grey market shoes. they use the same materials as the production pairs since ITS FROM THE SAME SOURCE.

BigJ, what they are saying in not so many words is that Nike/JB themselves have been selling us 'grey market' pairs.

thats not what they are saying. that wouldnt even make sense.

if its agreed that grey market pairs are produced with nike materials and only lack a. quality control (ie. material/flaw/construction inspection) and b. nike's authorization, then saying low quality materials meet fake vendor materials IS NOT the same that nike has been selling us Grey Market pairs.

the only way that would make sense is if Nike was selling us shoes that are made with unapproved/different materials which is what straight up fakes are made of which is clearly the case. what is true is that Nike is guilty of selling B Grade pairs to customers and passing them off as A grades.

Last edited:
Actually I wasn't even referring to the GM pairs, because I know they are the same materials. I was referring to the "perfect" AAA pairs, which material quality has drastically increased, while JB has decreased, to where both materials are very close and met at mediocrity.

The pair of space jams a friend sent me, materials look/feel the same as my authentic Breds. They even feel the same on feet. Only difference I can find is the carbon fiber shank is missing...

:lol:

hey man, these things dont last for ever. could be a few years but one day all this people will stop wasting money on Jordans.
it will calm down when we stop buying from resellers, enough said.

well i dont buy from resellers but that doesnt make sense.

resellers will go away once the hype dies down and theres no more room for profit and no one buying up their shoes.

resellers wont go away and no one will stop buying from them as long as they are popular. sorry to break it to you and everyone else who advocates this stop buying from resellers thing. it wont work til the hype dies down.

:lol:

hey man, these things dont last for ever. could be a few years but one day all this people will stop wasting money on Jordans.
it will calm down when we stop buying from resellers, enough said.

well i dont buy from resellers but that doesnt make sense.

resellers will go away once the hype dies down and theres no more room for profit and no one buying up their shoes.

resellers wont go away and no one will stop buying from them as long as they are popular. sorry to break it to you and everyone else who advocates this stop buying from resellers thing. it wont work til the hype dies down.
Yeah...

The entire market is comparable to Beanie Babies in the late 90s... its an expanding bubble thats bound to pop.

Kids.... literally children, dominate the current marketplace. Their interest in shoes is based around money and notoriety from their piers, not true passion. Only a matter of time before they move on to something else.

All this talk and I started looking at the pairs I purchased this year... Just realized I bought a bred 4 from sneakerhead.com and it didn't have the MSRP suggested retail price tag on the box... To me they look, feel,
smell legit, the comfort is fine nothing else would lead me to believe these are not legit... I got them in January so I didn't
cop them early... Are these GM because no MSRP tag?

View media item 454399
View media item 454400

^^^ no MSRP tag doesnt mean they are GM. overseas pairs, for one, dont have MSRP tags.

These GM kicks are so close now it's got me not wanting to buy from anyone but a Nike approved retailer. SMDH
im the opposite, they're so close you cant tell so why care? if i can get them cheaper with the same materials why not? its not like nike/jordan lose ANY money since this is left over material pumped out by the same factories that nike made contracts with AFTER their contractual obligation is met, so no nike stamp or QC but same materials and same people making them equals less money for others to spend on the same shoe that sells out instantly i dont feel bad at all. if i had the opportunity to buy them i would.

100% real deal? If they using the same materials then what makes me them less real? Cuz the final destination wasnt footlocker nike.com or finishline before they were sold?

So youre saying that you wanna buy a ferrari for the price of a jetta?

If its the same materials then they are just as legit 100% real deal as a pair you got from a retailer. It may have a slight difference if they were early release but its same man. Thats whats been established n said for like the last 4-5 pages at least

A Ferrari and a Jetta are made in different places. This is a perfect example. What we're paying for in store is a Jetta with Ferrari logos. The quality of Jordan's has gone from a Ferrari to a Jetta.

A Ferrari and a Jetta are made in different places. This is a perfect example. What we're paying for in store is a Jetta with Ferrari logos. The quality of Jordan's has gone from a Ferrari to a Jetta.
the quality of the materials used by JB/Nike is a completely different story/battle though, I understand what you're saying

I was just referring to the fact the he is saying its not the same because it didnt end up at a major retail store. to me sounds like he was arguing that since its not at nike store or footlocker that he shouldnt have to pay retail price or more, instead pay less.

im the opposite, they're so close you cant tell so why care? if i can get them cheaper with the same materials why not? its not like nike/jordan lose ANY money since this is left over material pumped out by the same factories that nike made contracts with AFTER their contractual obligation is met, so no nike stamp or QC but same materials and same people making them equals less money for others to spend on the same shoe that sells out instantly i dont feel bad at all. if i had the opportunity to buy them i would.
But they aren't cheaper than retail pairs. That's part of the reason they are so rampant now. The profit margin between the factory and resale price is crazy and the seller incurs no shipping costs.

are these made in 13.5's. I went to one of those "shops" and they had a pair of cannon LeBron ix's in this size. they also had corks and most of the other grey market offerings. They had prada sneakers also, which I doubt has a grey market lol. What do you guys think, grey market or no?

are these made in 13.5's. I went to one of those "shops" and they had a pair of cannon LeBron ix's in this size. they also had corks and most of the other grey market offerings. They had prada sneakers also, which I doubt has a grey market lol. What do you guys think, grey market or no?
From what I've read in this thread, they don't go past size 13. Anything after that your good money.

They don't make 12.5 or 13.5. For the most part, they don't go past 13. Jumpman said he has seen a few exceptions in 14s and 15s, but I don't think that is common. I couldn't find a source for 12.5 or anything over 13 at all.

From what I've read in this thread, they don't go past size 13. Anything after that your good money.

It's even rare to see size 13 unless its a very popular shoe or close to the release date. A great tell is when a seller only ever has 8-12.

They don't make 12.5 or 13.5. For the most part, they don't go past 13. Jumpman said he has seen a few exceptions in 14s and 15s, but I don't think that is common. I couldn't find a source for 12.5 or anything over 13 at all.

It's even rare to see size 13 unless its a very popular shoe or close to the release date. A great tell is when a seller only ever has 8-12.
k thanks guys, I guess I'm good money, will probably go back there in a month or two and cop. I'm wondering though, where did this shop(and other places) get all these kicks?

Ninja or anyone else, what website did the guy mentioned in the video.. I couldn't figured it out after watching 4-5 times of repeating.  Thanks!

Ninja or anyone else, what website did the guy mentioned in the video.. I couldn't figured it out after watching 4-5 times of repeating.  Thanks!
check the comments on the actual vid youtube url ... can't mention more than that.

But they aren't cheaper than retail pairs. That's part of the reason they are so rampant now. The profit margin between the factory and resale price is crazy and the seller incurs no shipping costs.

GM and retail pairs are the same price with the rare exception.
You can buy a pair of bred XIs directly shipped for less than finishline or footlocker store retail right now.

GM and retail pairs are the same price with the rare exception.
You can buy a pair of bred XIs directly shipped for less than finishline or footlocker store retail right now.
Really?! I'm only familiar with the main sites, who charge way more than retail, no exceptions,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom