Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Not to mention Nike would be trying to close down the factories that make there shoes.. Never bite the hand that feeds you.. I must say, I have learned a lot from this topic. I do have a few question. Where are the so called GM sellers? eBay,websites,etc? The best site or person? I am going to buy a pair of some I already have. See for my self.
Yeah cant say here but i havent seen anywhere on NT that GM sites listed. If they same materials n quality i'll put in for a pair and check em out myself too

From the looking I've done the GM seem to be more then the store bought. Sort of defeates the purpose.

From the looking I've done the GM seem to be more then the store bought. Sort of defeates the purpose.
Only reason to go GM would be to get old releases that resell for a lot now such as Space Jams or to get early kicks such as toro bravos. If your going to be getting a shoe that is coming out that same week, there would be no point in GM.

Space jams with blue soles with 2009 production dates are legit now?

The difference isn't yellowing, the 2009 space jam sole was white translucent, anything else and they're fake. point blank period.

And there are noticeable material differences, the patent cut on GM Concords is much higher on the outside than real concords. The pods are off, the box is off, the plastic in the box is dull. They are nothing like the legit pair.

But 2009 space jams with blue soles are legit now

FSRs of DB4s for retail in 2013 are legit now

Facepalm.

You must be new here :lol:

GM Royals are still rape price after shipping. $280 ish 

I believe factories are still able to pump out sneakers because a seller had a shoe out of stock then restocked again along with some other pairs.

I'm gonna say its the iv on the left.... The toe box isn't as rounded when looking from the aerial view. Plus, the heel tab is slightly crooked.

GM Royals are still rape price after shipping. $280 ish 

I believe factories are still able to pump out sneakers because a seller had a shoe out of stock then restocked again along with some other pairs.
Yeah, "rape" if you take into the account that it's double retail, but in reality you're getting a pretty good deal. It's hard to find a DS pair of Royals on eBay for under $350. And more times than not, that's not including shipping.

Only reason to go GM would be to get old releases that resell for a lot now such as Space Jams or to get early kicks such as toro bravos. If your going to be getting a shoe that is coming out that same week, there would be no point in GM.
Unless you strike out which happens a lot these days to people.

Unless you strike out which happens a lot these days to people.
I agree.  After learning so much from this thread I won't mind going the grey market route next time I miss out on a release for what ever reason.    I think the grey market is a good thing for us.   It kills the reseller game.  

Make no mistake about it, I will always try the official route first, but these instant sellouts leave some of us with no choice but to go grey.
I agree but these days its getting hard with the hype at an all time high.    Especially for people who don't live near a HOH or Nike Town.   It's damn near impossible for these people to cop nowadays. 

Last edited:
I agree but these days its getting hard with the hype at an all time high.    Especially for people who don't live near a HOH or Nike Town.   It's damn near impossible for these people to cop nowadays. 
Yup that's the boat Im in. Only chance is the local FTL which hardly gets any releases. I think we've only had 6 in store for 2013 of those 6 I only wanted 2 and only came away with 1. The demand for sneakers here is at a LOW. The next mall is 2 hours or 3 hours in opposite directions. Online is pretty much my only route and for a while I was automatic, now im like A-Rod in the postseason
mean.gif

X3. Busy life and family. Not camping for any shoe. i could drive 10min to hearing.. Sorry all we have is 13 or 14 if that. I was just forking out a little more and buying them off of eBay with original receipts.. But... Now that it was mentioned. Why would someone not order GM and swap them out with the store bought? No one would be the wiser.. Almost scary. I have receipts for most of my shoe but after hearing this..... Who knows what I have...LOL

There's some truth to this. I've seen Kobe 8s come with the Kobe 7 box but the correct Kobe 8 box tag. Recently, I've seen playoff 8s come in a playoff 11 box with the playoff 11 box tag. To say that the boxes for the most part are always off is not correct.

There are also instances where the box itself is right, but the embossing or color of the print is off. But I'm not sure how frequent of a problem this is.

The difference isn't yellowing, the 2009 space jam sole was white translucent, anything else and they're fake. point blank period.

Sounds like you have a lot to learn.

And there are two types of unauthorized DB4s being passed off as "authentic." One has the correct tongue, the other doesn't. That's how you tell the difference.

where did you see GM DB IV's with the correct tongue?

I have never waited in line, but I used to be able to log onto NDC or Eastbay at 12AM and cop any Js I wanted no problem. Now the sites crash or they sell out instantly. :smh: Gotta' have Twitter and bot programs to cop shoes these days. :x :smh:

There aren't any obvious differences between these two shoes? Peep the purplish sockliner

Check the PL cut here

...but these shoes are the same because they were all made in china by a factory that may or may not have been contracted by Nike at some point.

I just don't get how one could confidently buy kicks from the same place that sells 2009 space jams that clearly weren't made in 2009 & don't look like the shoe from 2009.

I believe that you could find those same differences in cut between different kicks purchased from Eastbay. The cool greys look good to me. That height discrepancy in the breds is definitely unacceptable. It makes them completely unwearable in my opinion. You could return them for another pair, good luck finding another pair of breds for trade at an official retailer after the release date.

Last edited:
Tell me if im wrong but at 4:19 is that Air Jordan tag on the tongue upside down?

Last edited:
no matter how you spin it, GM is pretty much the same as RD pairs. i have a couple of GM pairs and the only difference i can spot is slight imperfections in their production (misalignment), but this happens to RD pairs as well. also, this becomes less obvious when shoes are broken in by wear.

what i want to know, is if there's a difference between GM and RD in terms of the quality of cushioning technology... i bought some early release grapes (not knowing about GM yet) and the soles do not give whatsoever and i don't have the RD grapes to compare. its one thing to look the same because the leathers and fabrics are the same, but the polyurathane midsoles and air bags could be made of different chemical consistencies which result in stiffer or softer cushioning.

it kinda reminds me of the 2000 olympic shox BB4 which came out in limited quantities before the general release BB4s... olympic version apparently had really stiff shox but the general release was just right.

This is a pair I picked up not too long ago from a seller on eBay around the time of the concord restock on FNL. Seller had a good rep, provided proof of purchase from FTL but I was iffy when I got em. Said oh well n kept them anyway. I have worn them twice for about a total of 24 hours so they are starting to get that wide look in the back. anyways ... here they are

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom