Growing out hair Vol. Dat Lusciousness

If you dudes with long hair decide to cut it check out locksoflove.org
I donated my mane a few years back.

Thats what im gonna do....

Im growing out my hair, i have for about 4 months now but it won't grow past 2 inches. and it doesn't help that my hair is thinning |I
anyone know of some good products to help stop or at least slow down the thinning process ?
Head and Shoulder shampoo.

Whenever my hair would look/feel thin I would just trim a few inches off. Always seemed to give it that FULL look again.

been growing it out since last December. Never did anything to it until 2 weeks ago when I went to a salon to get it styled and fixed up. Eventually you should do this so it grows in the way you want it to and not just a wild mess. Love that I decided to do this and it was definitely worth the frustration. In a few months you'll find yourself getting impatient but DO NOT CUT IT. Once you get through the awkward stage you'll be glad you stuck with it. I literally had to wear a fitted every day for the past 5 months. Glad I got through it though now I have a mean flow going :pimp:

Last edited:
I've been growing my hair out since December. I have a part in the middle right now and I style it with some bryl cream like dudes back in the 50's used to do. The combination of the long hair and the beard I'm growing now make me feel so much older than before. I hate being that innocuous dude with a buzz cut

Ya'll black dudes growing out your hair DO NOT use Murray's or any other pomade...

Its wayyyy too thick & the wax literally eats at your roots...

I haven't had a low cut in about 4 and a half years but I had to restart my locks about 2 yrs ago cuz my wack *** ex girlfriend killed my first head of locks with all kinda thick *** products :smh: :smh:

Now i only use lime & mango oils & all natural shampoos my hair is growing faster and stronger.

Letting mine grow out, had it about to my shoulders before.
My hair is real thick and curly, almost nappy.
Im about 2 months in

Boutta grow my hair out again. I always cut it at that middle stage then immediately regret it. I just rock that TV weatherman look with the part to the side while at that middle stage. But yeah I think I'm gonna try to grow it out again. I started last July then cut it in October, I knew if I made it to December I'd be straight. So that's my goal now.

I need HELP PLEASE!

I've been growing my hair out for four months now. My hair shrinks a lot, especially after washing it. When I stretch my hair out, it is about 2.0-2.5 inches long.

I think I've entered the "middle" stage.

I would describe my hair as coarse and kinky.

Are you suppose to comb or pick your hair out eveyday, and is it better to comb/pick your hair when dry or wet?

When my hair gets long enough, would my hair get straighter and stand up better if I braided my hair and take the braids out?

nerd.gif

For dudes with regular straight hair here.. what's the best wax/fiber/pomade product with decent hold and little to no shine? Tryin' to get that front flip back bedhair look going. :\

Right now I've been using American Crew Fiber, I like it but it still leaves a shine a bit.. want something different if anyone has anything good to share.

Edit: Do you also use a blowdryer before/after you apply the hair product?

I've had short hair and just this year decided to grow it out a bit, it never does what I want it to though. :lol:
I stopped using American Crew. It was too expensive and didn't hold my hair when it was long. I know what you look you are talking about. It's like that James Dean kind of style. I've tried with no success. I should've tried out mousse or hairspray.

I shaved my head last week for some reason, was tired of the long hair and having to blowdry it. Growing it out again :smh:.

Got my last haircut exactly 1 year ago
glasses.gif

Right now its standing at 6-7 in of straight thick hair.

I rock ponytails,it looks like a palmtree
laugh.gif

I stopped using American Crew. It was too expensive and didn't hold my hair when it was long. I know what you look you are talking about. It's like that James Dean kind of style. I've tried with no success. I should've tried out mousse or hairspray.
I shaved my head last week for some reason, was tired of the long hair and having to blowdry it. Growing it out again
mean.gif
Do you have thick hair?

Back
Top Bottom