GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

these MF'in "Oakland" jerseys aint delivering until april? :lol: :lol: :lol: covid-19 ****in up manufacture and distribution? reminds of how long it took them to restock the championship hats a few years ago.

word to what Fozz Fozz said, these oakland joints look like some variant, rec league jersey. but damn it, i know myself. im a sucker for anything Oakland x Warriors even though it's a slap in the face. im still probably gonna buy one
I saw these on the floor at the SF underground champs a few weeks ago. The side of the jerseys have the we believe slogan repeatedly (thought that was dope IMO)

I know dude is east Oakland representing and all but honestly have to punt Toscano. And this smiley project is just not it. waste of a pick...friggin Lacob’s son vouched for this kid lol. Friggin nepotism in the front office smh. Should’ve just paid to keep Jerry west and leave son at home.

overall the roster make up is wayyyy better than last seasons..
Seeing wisemans practice footage, he running the court and dribbling?!? Yup we def runnin n gunnin but gotta get those live ball turnovers. Transition pts has always been bread and butter for us. Main concern for any rookie center/big man is foul trouble so looney and Chriss gonna be key to the second unit Forsure.
I liked pooles poise even tho it’s 1 preseason game. Dude was playing erratic like his mind going 1000 mph last season lol. if he’s to earn
minutes he needs to knock down shots consistently.

I saw these on the floor at the SF underground champs a few weeks ago. The side of the jerseys have the we believe slogan repeatedly (thought that was dope IMO)

I know dude is east Oakland representing and all but honestly have to punt Toscano. And this smiley project is just not it. waste of a pick...friggin Lacob’s son vouched for this kid lol. Friggin nepotism in the front office smh. Should’ve just paid to keep Jerry west and leave son at home.

overall the roster make up is wayyyy better than last seasons..
Seeing wisemans practice footage, he running the court and dribbling?!? Yup we def runnin n gunnin but gotta get those live ball turnovers. Transition pts has always been bread and butter for us. Main concern for any rookie center/big man is foul trouble so looney and Chriss gonna be key to the second unit Forsure.
I liked pooles poise even tho it’s 1 preseason game. Dude was playing erratic like his mind going 1000 mph last season lol. if he’s to earn
minutes he needs to knock down shots consistently.
Why are people quick to write of Smiley so quickly when he's clearly a project for the franchise? He was the 39th pick of the 2nd round, only played 19 games and missed games because of an ankle injury.

these MF'in "Oakland" jerseys aint delivering until april? :lol: :lol: :lol: covid-19 ****in up manufacture and distribution? reminds of how long it took them to restock the championship hats a few years ago.

word to what Fozz Fozz said, these oakland joints look like some variant, rec league jersey. but damn it, i know myself. im a sucker for anything Oakland x Warriors even though it's a slap in the face. im still probably gonna buy one

**** sporting goods has a whole display of it. I almost got The hat :lol:

Some quick thoughts from last night's loss:
- Steph is fine and will get his. He will need to be aggressive and take over in more games this year because I don't think he's going to get much support. Klay will definitely be missed again.
- Marquise is good. I think he and Wiseman will be fighting for that backup center spot. We know Kerr's infatuation with Looney, so he'll probably start until Wiseman is ready.
- I'm sold on Oubre. His energy on defense was good again.
- Not sold on JTA. Showed a lot of energy and hustle, but other than that. Meh. I think Mulder takes his spot.
- Wanamaker going 10/5/3 was nice to see. Good to see the W's have a legit backup PG.
- Wiggins did his best HB impression. I agree with Marcus Thompson's assessment that it seems he's still trying to understand how to play with Steph and break out of his bad habits he established in Minny.

Smailagic is back Thursday, baby!

Poole has a Livingston vibe in how he moves and plays. Might also be how he dresses on court to LOL. But his build and movement reminds me alot of Shaun.

Wiggins just still not impressive. Seems like he’s holding back or something. Kind of like HB just to timid to get after it.Again that’s why Steph, Klay and Drayare special.

Smiley....iono bruh LOL. Gotta let that one play out.

Excited about the 3 very skilled bigson the squad

Looks like Jeremy Lin's waiver from FIBA didn't get processed on time, so the W's moved on from him and signed Elijah Pemberton. IMO, would have been nice to have Lin in Santa Cruz in case the roster needed a mix up. I still believe Lin in serviceable in the league somewhere.

JTA lost the last roster spot to Mike Mulder. Happy about this. I mean, I think it's fair to say Mulder won't get a lot of burn since he's behind on the depth chart. But I think this guy can only get better by practicing and playing along this current roster. This is what I hope for Smiley and Mannion, whenever he's up from Santa Cruz.

Draymond is questionable with a muscle strain in his foot. May miss the opener. Which is fine. I think Pascall can handle the load.

Excited for the opener on Tuesday!

First game of the season and nobody posts? C'mon Dubnation!!!

Let's goooooo!!!! we may be down 17, but have faith!!!

Steph gotta come out gunnin tho... like he did that unanimous MVP szn.....

three things from today:

wiggins has to play better
wiseman is gonna be hella good
this defense needs dray badly

Just dvr'd and watched the game..this is long and I apologize in advance. (I know it's only game 1)..

Kerr still hasn't adapted to any change. Still trying to run the same stuff as if Klay Andre and s.dot is out there. Lol. Kerr needs to get his act together. 2nd half adjustement is what...wigs bringing up the ball and Steph as decoy? Laughable and stupid and just flat out disappointing. No one is hitting shots all game and Steph can easily be doubled off the ball.

Speaking of wigs, I think he's overthinking and trying too hard to assert himself. Dude was missing some easy bunnies and attempting 12-15 ft push shots. Wtf?! If shots are not falling atleast get to the foul line. Just gotta play better overall.

I like oubres overall effort, but super rusty shooting.

Wiseman has PLENTY of promise. Runs the floor very well and his jumper looks real nice. If we can generate turnovers and really get out and run...he just needs to make his presence felt on D.

We need Draymond back. Period. Need that toughness, be that "safety" defender and he can push the ball in transition and he looks for open guys really well.

Steph gonna get his, but I don't like his body language towards the end of the game. Steph gotta be that alpha guy.

Bench play was just all over the place making silly turnovers. Still need to figure things out, but Mulder needs to move up the depth chart...I did like toscanos effort on defense.

Defensive rotations are just yucky. Doesn't help when it's against the likes of Kyrie and KD and that Nets depth. Nets are really really good. Theyre gonna be the 1 seed in the east. Happy to see KD back healthy and moving like that, gives me confidence that Klay can recover just as well.

Way too much overreaction after one game from folks.

Quick thoughts:

- If Wiseman was still working on getting his conditioning up, how good can he be when he is a game shape? I'm sure he'll have bad nights. But the key thing I noticed was that he flowed with the offense and hustled. I like it.
- The team misses Draymond's energy. Oubre's dunks provided a small spark, but wasn't enough.
- Why is steph setting screens at half court. That needs to stop.
- Wiggins didn't look comfortable at all. Forced shots and felt like he was overthinking a lot. A big problem if he can't even produce or play at the level HB played during his final season as a Warrior. I know he's only played 13 games for the W's and it'll take some time.
- Understand that the Nets are a good team. I miss KD.
- Mulder will get more PT if he continues to take advantage of his opportunities.
- JTA shows hustle, but not expecting much from him.
- Kerr understands that it's going to take time for this team to mesh together. I'm sure he allowed Wiseman to just play out there last night.

by reading the last two posts, do you guys think it was lack of coaching or just lack of talent all around? I know we're not as good as we were before, but we're not 💩 either......

by reading the last two posts, do you guys think it was lack of coaching or just lack of talent all around? I know we're not as good as we were before, but we're not 💩 either......

we gotta give credit when credit is due...Nets is a serious contender

I think it's a mixture of reason why the W's lost:

- Nets are good. They have a pretty complete roster that plays hard and can score. I wouldn't discredit them one bit.
- Talent is there. But it's going to take time for this roster to get acclimated to playing with Steph and Dray comfortably. Steph was injured majority of the year and Draymond was out through out the year. For Paschall, Wiggins, and the rest of the roster, it's going to take time. This is what people should have understood leading up to the opener. It was only Wiggins 13th game as a Warrior.
- Coaching is going to be a decided down the road. I think Kerr and his staff will really have to coach this year and with not having his Big 3 to make plays.

It was the first game of the season. The people that are losing their minds over this loss are the people who are expecting immediate results from the start and aren't realistic with their expectations. 71 more games to go.

Marquese chriss out for the season with with a broken fibula smh. No choice but to play more wiseman and looney minutes plus maybe we see smiley again..

As bad as we got beat on Xmas day, Steph bringing up the ball more almost always ended up in a positive. Need more Steph/wise PnR. Still don't like Steph's body language when he gets frustrated.

Kerr's rotations and lineups were straight basura especially in the 3rd Q it's the reason why the game got outta hand so fast not even Jordan could carry that lol.

Wiggins gon wig. He might have to start shooting closer to the basket. He just can't hit any long range shots. It's important for him to get in a rhythm early.

Not too worried for oubre, he still working hard, hustling and his confidence is there. Need Dray back to set him straight, play smarter etc.

Wiseman was fun to watch. That blocked shot coming from weakside and that other block where he snatched outta midair :wow::wow:. He looks comfortable with his shot. Dude is not afraid of moment even made giannis change his shot in the paint.

Whole team gotta shoot better otherwise we're gonna be looking at double digits Ls each time. Thank goodness it's only the first few games of the season against 2 of the top 3 teams in the east. Let's get right against the bulls.

Back
Top Bottom