GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

Bad loss against the Blazers. Sure, they started out hot in the first quarter. But the Warriors simply cannot make any shots. Kerr really needs to start solidifying his rotation. I understand he's still trying to get a feel of which lineup will produce without Chriss, but that decision needs to happen quick. Paschall started the game hot and yet, he ended up with the same amount of PT with JTA and Damion Lee? He's becoming the key scorer with the second unit, let him continue to grow in that. Draymond didn't look great, but had some moments that definitely helps the W's play.

Game 2 is Sunday. Interesting to see what adjustments are made. Also hope that Wiseman's ankle feels better by Sunday too. They reported that he should be good, but with this past sports season in the Bay Area, ankle sprains practically derailed the 49ers (and Nick Bosa's ACL tear, but you get what I mean).

Bad loss against the Blazers. Sure, they started out hot in the first quarter. But the Warriors simply cannot make any shots. Kerr really needs to start solidifying his rotation. I understand he's still trying to get a feel of which lineup will produce without Chriss, but that decision needs to happen quick. Paschall started the game hot and yet, he ended up with the same amount of PT with JTA and Damion Lee? He's becoming the key scorer with the second unit, let him continue to grow in that. Draymond didn't look great, but had some moments that definitely helps the W's play.

Game 2 is Sunday. Interesting to see what adjustments are made. Also hope that Wiseman's ankle feels better by Sunday too. They reported that he should be good, but with this past sports season in the Bay Area, ankle sprains practically derailed the 49ers (and Nick Bosa's ACL tear, but you get what I mean).

it might be time to have Oubre come off the bench and let Mulder/Baze start at the two; at least see how it goes. Kerr could still get 30+ minutes out of Oubre but let him play that Lou Will role. Mulder and Baze don't need starter minutes but they seem to be far more confident in their stroke right now. with oubre in a shooting slump, i'm all for letting him and paschall be the 1 and 2 scorers off the bench. When that second unit comes in, he can put his head down and attack the basket, which he seems far more comfortable doing at this point.

between steph, mulder/Baze, and wiggins in the starting lineup, there's two shooters and a slasher in wiggs. wiseman's offensive game is gonna keep getting better. eventually he'll learn how to pump fake on that open midrange he gets off the screen and then blow by the jumping defender to get to the rim. he's gonna draw a lot of fouls doing that. crazy to say that i'm confident about a 7'1 center putting the all on the floor and attacking. we've never had this luxury.

team's gonna be fine. we're only 5 games in. steph's just gotta get in his shooting rhythm.

lol it's unbelievable & amusing to see how broken Oubre's shot has been so far.

27%/4%/60% shooting splits

i would be worried if his career shooting stats was bad but it's not. it's so hard to play how Kerr wants to play if we only have 1.5 shooters on the floor. i'm interested to see how this plays out lol.

Last edited:
lol it's unbelievable & amusing to see how broken Oubre's shot has been so far.

27%/4%/60% shooting splits

i would be worried if his career shooting stats was bad but it's not. it's so hard to play how Kerr wants to play if we only have 1.5 shooters on the floor. i'm interested to see how this plays out lol.

law of averages is undefeated. I trust that KO will rise to the mean, he's never been a prolific shooter but he's definitely better than what the first five games would indicate. the problem with him not shooting the ball well is that teams are willing to help off him and blitzing steph as soon as he crosses half court. that disrupts a lot of stuff Kerr wants to run, even PnR action for Steph and Wiseman.

if Kerr is gonna keep KO in the line up, **** it, it might be time to have him step inside the line and take midrange jumpers like rip hamilton.

although Oubre's shot has been broken, i really like his game thus far & his combination of long wingspan, quick feet and hands, elite reaction timing (very underrated thing people don't really discuss when talking about defense for whatever), willingness to be a st8 up pesk on the defensive end, etc. he has 1st team All-NBA defense potential.

if Lee continues to shoot and play like this while Oubre shoots around 32% or worse from 3, i'm interested to see if Kerr would be willing to swap their places and have Oubre play the Iggy role.

Let’s hope finally hitting that 3 opens the flood gates because his defensive energy is definitely needed.

need Wiggins to find some fire too. Dude has all the tools but always looks tentative.

wiggins has all the tools, but it seems like he just doesn't have 'it' you know? Like he don't know how to dig deep and go after it....

wiggins has all the tools, but it seems like he just doesn't have 'it' you know? Like he don't know how to dig deep and go after it....

he def has that t-mac syndrome lol...not sure how much stock to put in that tho.

hopefully after the last game, we will see him in the post more. he has looked pretty good whenever he's driving or posting up. his midrange game is pretty solid. he's shooting 38% from the 3 and based off how flat his shot is & his past 3 fg% numbers, i would be pretty surprised if it stayed at the level or increase. i think we all can agree that the better Wigs play, the less Steph needs to play at an MVP level for us to have a great season.

^most definitely. I think ANY contribution from the others results in great flow for the team. Dray is a huge catalyst for that to happen. The starting 5 IMO had great games.

Kerr is going to have to dial in that 2nd unit. The lack of scoring+defense on the 2nd unit at times was obvious. If they arent going to score they need to LOCK DOWN. Im sure the shots will start falling. A performance like this from Steph should really wake the squad up.

Great game last night. Curry is back and loved his aggressiveness. Really like how Paschall is playing in his role.

Next up, Kangzzzzzz.

Great game last night. Curry is back and loved his aggressiveness. Really like how Paschall is playing in his role.

Next up, Kangzzzzzz.
Paschal does some good things like attacking his mismatches. But mad he has some boneheaded fouls and he seems to not know where to go with the ball sometimes. But I think that is more of a product of not having PT with Steph and Dray. Ourbe and Wiggins do it to. They cant seem to find the open man.

This is why I think in a month, when the young and new players understand the flow of the offense better, it will look like a much different team with the shots falling. I think Steph going off last night helped the other players just play their game and Dray/Steph was finding them.

he def has that t-mac syndrome lol...not sure how much stock to put in that tho.

hopefully after the last game, we will see him in the post more. he has looked pretty good whenever he's driving or posting up. his midrange game is pretty solid. he's shooting 38% from the 3 and based off how flat his shot is & his past 3 fg% numbers, i would be pretty surprised if it stayed at the level or increase. i think we all can agree that the better Wigs play, the less Steph needs to play at an MVP level for us to have a great season.
Barring injuries and the rate the def is developing. I gotta walk my take back.

We could very well be a playoff team this year.

I will also be rooting for a sub-par Minn season.

Klay need ya back healthy.

I get it was one game but the defense has picked up since going up against 2 offensive powerhouses

Back
Top Bottom