GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

i love oubre's game but we really need a reliable 3rd scorer in the starting line up & i lost faith in him lol. somebody tell me he will turn it around :frown:

I actually think Oubre has been playing much better, in spite of tonight. I like him a lot still. He plays really good defense, but his shot definitely needs work. I think he will flourish off the bench.

Yo...what's good with the Oakland jerseys? They didn't drop in men's yet? How about the warmups? Need that.

I actually think Oubre has been playing much better, in spite of tonight. I like him a lot still. He plays really good defense, but his shot definitely needs work. I think he will flourish off the bench.
I really don't have a major problem with him. I like the energy and defense that he brings. He just isn't a consistent shooter.

A lot of people on the internets really should calm down. A bad game following a good one and he's immediately trash.

There are going to be a lot more games like this unfortunately.

A bad game following a good one and he's immediately trash.

1. to be fair, if we are talking about purely offensively, wouldn't it be that he played a bunch of poor offensives games, had one good offensive game, and now he's back playing bad offensively?
2. i think people are missing the point. we all know he brings great perimeter defense to the table. the concern is whether that good defense outweighs the horrible, unreliable offense. this is a legitimate point that shouldn't be dismiss.

1. to be fair, if we are talking about purely offensively, wouldn't it be that he played a bunch of poor offensives games, had one good offensive game, and now he's back playing bad offensively?
2. i think people are missing the point. we all know he brings great perimeter defense to the table. the concern is whether that good defense outweighs the horrible, unreliable offense. this is a legitimate point that shouldn't be dismiss.
I'm not dismissing what he's produced so far this season. But at the same time, they have only played 19 games. IMO, people are a little too quick to judge and want to get rid of him.

I'm not dismissing what he's produced so far this season. But at the same time, they have only played 19 games. IMO, people are a little too quick to judge and want to get rid of him.

i'm not familiar with what the internet talks & i didn't know people want him gone lol. also 19 games=26% of the season played already & we will be approaching ASG soon. when do you think is a more appropriate time to access whether his offensive deficiencies outweighs his hustle & defense? btw, i don't want him gone, but rather i want him playing fewer minutes per game & not starting unless we are up against an elite wing (bron, kd, kawhi, etc)

i'm not familiar with what the internet talks & i didn't know people want him gone lol. also 19 games=26% of the season played already & we will be approaching ASG soon. when do you think is a more appropriate time to access whether his offensive deficiencies outweighs his hustle & defense? btw, i don't want him gone, but rather i want him playing fewer minutes per game & not starting unless we are up against an elite wing (bron, kd, kawhi, etc)
I would say the first 25 games, but we're almost there. So heck lol.

I think he should play the same amount of minutes, but be more selective with this shots. W's could go bigger by putting in Paschal at the 3 and Wiggins at the 2...But the bench wouldn't be as balanced. But we've seen glimpses of what he can do. He played really well against the Lakers and the other night against Minny. Just can't understand why he's just inconsistent.

I would say the first 25 games, but we're almost there. So heck lol.

I think he should play the same amount of minutes, but be more selective with this shots. W's could go bigger by putting in Paschal at the 3 and Wiggins at the 2...But the bench wouldn't be as balanced. But we've seen glimpses of what he can do. He played really well against the Lakers and the other night against Minny. Just can't understand why he's just inconsistent.

Minny is a D league team

Minny is a D league team
I get that. But games against the Lakers, Spurs, Pacers, shows he can be effective and productive. I want to believe he' find some positive consistency for the remainder of the season soon.

If not, maybe they'll trade him or just let him walk.

starting from tonight, oubre will become the reliable 3rd option (15-19 pts while shooting good %s)...i feel it in the air b

Last edited:
Some quick observations...

- It's sad to see Blake Griffin not move the way he used to. He looks like he's going to retire in a couple of years.
- Wiggins is solid. I think he's staying for good.
- Oubre with a solid bounce back game.
- Jordan Poole with a good game before he heads to D-League bubble. FYI, keep an eye out for Santa Cruz's first game against G-League Ignite team (Jalen Green, Jonathan Kumunga, and Kai Soto are some prospects to keep an eye on. Just read Soto is missing the first part of the G-League season to play for the Phillipine National Team. Terrible decision.)
- Broadcaster Klay Thompson with the ether about Rodney McGruder.
- Draymond adding fuel to the fire in his presser.

This is the W's. Win some and lose some. I hope they find some consistency soon.

How many times did Dray make it to the all-star team, like 3 right? Ya'll think he was just the token third player since the dubs were so good?

what makes you think he won't make another all-star team?

How many times did Dray make it to the all-star team, like 3 right? Ya'll think he was just the token third player since the dubs were so good?

what makes you think he won't make another all-star team?
Correct, he made 3 All-Star Teams. Idk if I can say he was selected because Steph and Klay were good. But his play in 2016 was really, really good. Dude was posting up really solid numbers.

We lost to the celtics with none of our bigs able to play the full 48 healthy

Lots of positives to build on for next year.

Draymond isnt an Allstar player, meaning his skillset does nothing for that kindve game.

Hes our allstar tho along with Steph and Klay.

Our team isn't built to have a great regular season record & i have fully accepted that. I just want the team to continually improving and find a way to gel with each other on both ends so we can make that deep playoff run despite an averageish regular season ala Miami Heat last year.

Our team isn't built to have a great regular season record & i have fully accepted that. I just want the team to continually improving and find a way to gel with each other on both ends so we can make that deep playoff run despite an averageish regular season ala Miami Heat last year.
Too early to tell IMO. Oubre playing subpar, chemistry has been inconsistent, bench being hot and cold, Wiseman looks out of position at times, etc. All of these issues can be corrected with repetition and practice, both of which were reduced in this covid-striken off-season.

Too early to tell IMO. Oubre playing subpar, chemistry has been inconsistent, bench being hot and cold, Wiseman looks out of position at times, etc. All of these issues can be corrected with repetition and practice, both of which were reduced in this covid-striken off-season.

maybe i should have defined great regular season record - i meant typically top 2 seed, maybe top 3 seed. unless you think it's too early to tell still. my main reasoning is that i don't think we have the offensive firepower to do it. unless wigs somehow turns into a consistent 24-26 ppg scorer, which i wouldn't completely write-off yet.

maybe i should have defined great regular season record - i meant typically top 2 seed, maybe top 3 seed. unless you think it's too early to tell still. my main reasoning is that i don't think we have the offensive firepower to do it. unless wigs somehow turns into a consistent 24-26 ppg scorer, which i wouldn't completely write-off yet.
I see, okay I completely agree with you then.

It's time.
2021-02-03_13-01-19.jpg

I see, okay I completely agree with you then.

also, they pretty solid defensively with room to even be better (potential to be top 3-5 defensively imo) & as a team, gets to the foul line well. very good combo for the playoffs. relatively new squad that's not used to playing with each other too.

Any news as to what the Warriors will do to address the depth at C? I will be shocked if they don't even bring up Smiley for depth.

Back
Top Bottom