GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

Any news as to what the Warriors will do to address the depth at C? I will be shocked if they don't even bring up Smiley for depth.

i have been saying this for a min in this thread but we need to asap b easy ASAP!! he can be our new & improved mo sp8s

What a dominating performance by the Warriors. Brought back Nellie Ball and took care of business. Draymond looking like his old self again and what a great game by Oubre.

I hope Paschall's knee feels better for tomorrow night.

Warriors would've won by 50 if Smiley played.

We should have drafted Lamelo. Been saying it since our spot was locked at 2. And will die on that hill.

JTA has made me a believer.
He's putting it all together! He always had the effort, but I think the game is starting to slow down for him now and his skills are really starting to shine.

To be honest during pre-season I didnt think he would get past Mulder for a roster spot, but it goes to show, we dont see what happens behind closed doors. They all probably see this in practice and what not. Happy for the kid, I love when the home team has a local on the squad.

I haven’t been on in awhile but I was wayyy wrong about JTA. He’s starting to low key become our Andre-type guy. He knows his role, he knows where to be and when to take shots and he plays very hard on defense. the only reason why I want him to stay in the starting lineup. Wiggins took a mini step back offensively, I feel like since oubre is starting to be more consistent it kinda messed with Wiggins flow in game? not really sure but Wiggins gotta not shy away too much and be more vocal. His defense is consistent tho so props to that.
Rebounding is still an issue but oubre did a great job crashing the boards last night, even tho he didn’t shoot well, we got out and ran and eventually the Spurs couldn’t keep up with our small ball in the third.

Everyone’s on the lamelo hype (he’s earnedit, gotta give him props) but I also think he’s in a good situation in charlotte. I still would’ve preferred Haliburton imho. Would’ve been the perfect Livingston replacement and he’s an accurate shooter. in short sight, ideal players to have no doubt, but those two won’t be able to help with going against dudes like AD, jokic, embiid, etc. in the long term.

I haven’t been on in awhile but I was wayyy wrong about JTA. He’s starting to low key become our Andre-type guy. He knows his role, he knows where to be and when to take shots and he plays very hard on defense. the only reason why I want him to stay in the starting lineup. Wiggins took a mini step back offensively, I feel like since oubre is starting to be more consistent it kinda messed with Wiggins flow in game? not really sure but Wiggins gotta not shy away too much and be more vocal. His defense is consistent tho so props to that.
Rebounding is still an issue but oubre did a great job crashing the boards last night, even tho he didn’t shoot well, we got out and ran and eventually the Spurs couldn’t keep up with our small ball in the third.

Everyone’s on the lamelo hype (he’s earnedit, gotta give him props) but I also think he’s in a good situation in charlotte. I still would’ve preferred Haliburton imho. Would’ve been the perfect Livingston replacement and he’s an accurate shooter. in short sight, ideal players to have no doubt, but those two won’t be able to help with going against dudes like AD, jokic, embiid, etc. in the long term.

wiggins seemed to be getting more comfortable with the rhythm of his offensive game and was putting it together inside and outside. but I think the rash of injuries at the 5 are messing with some of that. any time a warrior attacks the lane, help defense can cheat off whoever's playing the 5 and crash on the ball handler. not a knock on JTA, he's just undersized and playing a position he probably never trained for until 15 minutes ago :lol:

I don't think we would've gone wrong with Haliburton or Lamelo, but I like the Wiseman pick nonetheless. With Klay and Steph having ~5 years left of strong play, I think we can afford to wait a few more years before drafting another starter to the backcourt. If this early season's showing me anything it's that we need a big man to consistently grab boards and protect the paint. Seeing Wiseman make rebounds look "easy" is hella refreshing.

but yall, what's up with Paschall? I've been soo high on the kid but man defenses have figured out that he just likes to put his head down and attack the rim.

Yea I think the squad is slowly putting it together. Big reason why I agree with Kerr on his "chasing wins" comment regarding playing Steph too much. Team has to learn how to play and not rely on Steph to bail them out time after time. I feel like we saw that with the two games vs SA.

The first game, they were caught watching Steph do Steph things. Game 2 there was a huge emphasis on moving the ball around and getting guys involved. This team is at its best when the rock is zipping and the other guys get going. Opens the floor up for not only Steph, but all these slip screens, back door cuts, etc. Once Steph is on fire and teams are collapsing their defenses to stop Steph, the rest of the squad has to capitalize off that. Young team, but I think theyll get it. When we had vets like Andre, Sean, etc., they were just so cerebral that it just came to them naturally.

I still think Kerr and adjust Steph's rest time to get him back into the 4th a lot earlier. Letting him sit in the 4th till the 8-minute mark is too long.

Move 2 minutes towards the end of the first or start of the 2nd.

I still think Kerr and adjust Steph's rest time to get him back into the 4th a lot earlier. Letting him sit in the 4th till the 8-minute mark is too long.

Man not even the 8. Sometimes it be like 6 minutes. Like Kerr what you doing bruh?!

We can talk about steph’s minutes all day and generally I would agree that Steph ought to be put in a lil extra earlier esp when games are close, but the bottom line is the bench and the reserve point guard play has to be better. Have to believe that the FO is looking to find a better ball handler coming off the bench. Can’t always depend on stephs gravity.

We can talk about steph’s minutes all day and generally I would agree that Steph ought to be put in a lil extra earlier esp when games are close, but the bottom line is the bench and the reserve point guard play has to be better. Have to believe that the FO is looking to find a better ball handler coming off the bench. Can’t always depend on stephs gravity.
Sure, that’s valid. But Steph resting up to the 6-minute mark is too long.

my homie and i text about this every single game, frustrated as to why kerr's so rigid and adamant about bringing in Steph and Dray at the 6 minute mark, regardless of the game flow.. kerr's drawn his line in the sand and made it clear that he's not budging from this. he pretty much confirmed it in a recent interview. as fans, it just sucks because we know that as soon as steph comes in, the entire dynamic of the game changes. either kerr's just trying to preserve Steph's legs for the playoffs or he doesn't see this as a championship year...

Get Wanamaker off this team.
id rather have nico at this point.

i wana agree with you.. but 1st year nico ehhhhh

at that rate, i'd rather have jordan poole shooting 3/11. i'll give nico credit tho, he can pass and find the open man pretty well. he's just hella raw and way too small right now.

For sure this team is having fun playing together. With Wiseman out for another week, looks like we'll continue to see small ball for the next 3.

I need to tune in and watch the Nets game on Saturday. Looking forward to Steph and Draymond slice that team up.

Imagine if they called up Smiley to counter DeAndre Jordan. It would be like that historical defensive shut down performance by Marco Bellineli on Kevin Garnett.

Back
Top Bottom