GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

Rough draft of what this squad can be. Sky’s the limit if healthy.

Poole, Nemanja, Andre and even Lee with a nice game
I really curious to see how Kerr coaches this year's team. Based off tonight, they gave Poole the green light to be aggressive. IMO, he got a little too trigger happy in the 2nd quarter, but he made key shots. Having a vet like Andre brought a calm during subs.

It's going to be a fun season. Looking forward to seeing how Kuminga, Wiseman, and Klay will be added into the fold.

bradley woulda been nice. but i think they cut him to let Poole get more minutes.

i wanna see Poole and Wiseman together. theyre both athletic, quick, and have range

I really curious to see how Kerr coaches this year's team. Based off tonight, they gave Poole the green light to be aggressive. IMO, he got a little too trigger happy in the 2nd quarter, but he made key shots. Having a vet like Andre brought a calm during subs.

It's going to be a fun season. Looking forward to seeing how Kuminga, Wiseman, and Klay will be added into the fold.
Same here. Im excited.

I don't think we see drastic changes, but with Klay coming back, I think finding spots for Poole is key. Last night he start with Curry and Poole and staggered them through the game and closed with Lee. It paid off. Poole was getting the Steph treatment from LA. They brought in Bradley just to try and tame Poole while he played the "Klay" role. Poole needs 20+ mins, he's just too talented.

Curry/Poole/Klay/Bjelica/Green is going to be a fun line up.

Forgot to add that I'm still curious why the W's waived Bradley. He looked good last night.

And I also thought Payton II was waived, but he survived. Good for him.

Forgot to add that I'm still curious why the W's waived Bradley. He looked good last night.

Payton doesnt have a guaranteed contract meaning they could waive him if the Ws choose to sign a vet that gets released for that 15th spot.

payton II on that no-commitment, metropcs contract so dubs can waive him to scoop another player if the opportunity calls for it

Yea I think contractually it just worked out better. Also at this rate, with the much improved depth, I think Myers is placing his chips on health and youth.

I think they have developed the homegrown talent enough that they can be trusted night in and night out.

Two games in and you can definitely see that Kerr and co. is coaching this squad well with the rotations. I think the big thing is having key pieces to help maintain the flow of the offense between the first and second units.

Liked the fact that Kerr took Poole out when he was struggling. Damion Lee stepped up well and it's nice to see his progress.

I was thinking last night, I don't think we'll see Mannion and Jessup in a Warriors uniform moving forward. Mannion may have a chance if he has success in Europe and decides to come back to the NBA, but Jessup may be that player the W's just keep his rights, but he ends up making a career out in Australia.

Should be a fun one against the Kings this Sunday. They tend to match up pretty well.

Two games in and you can definitely see that Kerr and co. is coaching this squad well with the rotations. I think the big thing is having key pieces to help maintain the flow of the offense between the first and second units.

Liked the fact that Kerr took Poole out when he was struggling. Damion Lee stepped up well and it's nice to see his progress.

I was thinking last night, I don't think we'll see Mannion and Jessup in a Warriors uniform moving forward. Mannion may have a chance if he has success in Europe and decides to come back to the NBA, but Jessup may be that player the W's just keep his rights, but he ends up making a career out in Australia.

Should be a fun one against the Kings this Sunday. They tend to match up pretty well.
Yea I think the coaching pickups are paying dividends early and fast. Huge difference vs the last few years where we have been losing a lot of coaches. The rotations have been way better from the last few years where it seemed like they couldn't figure it out.

Lee has been great the first 2. Hitting huge shots and not doing too much. Staggering him with Poole has been good. Poole is just extremely talented so they have been giving him a longer leash which im ok with.

Two really nice wins vs 2 tough teams in the west. Also two different type of games as well. Good to know this team can close games. We know the vets on the squad can, but with a lot of the young guys and new players, closing games out like they did the last two is a great sign.

I can't wait for Klay to return. The guy has become one of my favorite Warriors of all-time.
Hands down! Steph will always be the GOAT in my eyes. But Klay just has a different level of likability.

Crazy he used to keep so much to himself. The more he started to open up the more you like the guy.

1634941459339.jpeg

my favorite warrior…and my favorite dunk of all time

My takeaways early into the season:

-Wiggins is still an extremely important and integral piece. Didn’t get much talk except negative during off-season (covid stuff). He’s the only game in and game out reliable get his own shot without a lot of drama second scoring threat.

-Poole will need to go through rough patches to come out sunny for us. He has burst and speed but lacks the innate ability to change pace to slow the game down where he can consistently make good decisions. Usually, this just takes game experience and ur body realizing through reps how to slow down a bit.

-Steph is Steph. I like him being unleashed even if it results in turnovers. He’s inevitably that wears down other teams over 4 quarters. It’s the same as prime Shaq - even if he’s missing free throws it just exhausted the other team. I think a little bit less off ball and a little more on ball would help though. Off ball game is much more tiring. I like that Kerr switches to it in the 4th to give Curry the ball usually so that way the defense isn’t as used to it. We need depth to play that sort of push and pull strategy game.

-I’m excited for Moody, GP2, Wiseman and Kuminga. I wish GP2 got a bit more burn. I think he’s so solid - reminds me of Conley. Bjelica is going to be good and make solid decisions and pairs well with Iguodala. It’s not the athleticism you’d want but sometimes it comes down to being able to run simple plays and get shots up.

Klay. I really hope the Dubs do well early on so Klay takes as much time as he needs and doesn’t come back even a day early. As any athlete that’s been injured knows the end is difficult when you know you need to rest but your body and mind feel good momentarily.

I can't wait for Klay to return. The guy has become one of my favorite Warriors of all-time.

Klaydagawd always been that dude for me. Steph fasho is the engine that makes this go but Klay is my favorite of this era of warriors basketball. man goes in and does his business. elite at what he does on both ends of the court without the frills.

i can't think of a player of his status who is universally appreciated by fans across the league like klay. people talk **** about steph and dray, but i can't recall a single time, even on NT, where folks have bad mouthed klay

Nice to see GP2 get that burn hopefully Kerr plays him next to Curry a lot of mins. He pairs so well. Works super hard on defense, great anticipation, athletic cutter, and very capable open shooter.

hella early in the season but this team is demonstrating that it's got strength in numbers. any given night, someone from the bench will step up. poole showing that preseason wasn't a fluke, DLee hitting timely shots in the 4th while the starters rest, We Beleeeza actually grabbing boards and playing like a dude who's 6'10.. this team's gonna be fun to watch so long as health doesn't betray them

Another solid outing for the W's tonight with their depth continuing to show early on how beneficial and important it is. Bjelica has struggled since opening night and people have stepped up. I was honestly skeptical about the W's winning tonight without Andre off the bench, but GPII stepped up big time.

HB started out strong for the Kings but slowed him down in the second half. Same thing with Mitchell. Kerr's rotations will only continue to improve as the season goes on.

I'm glad that the W's are 3-0. Good challenge on the road to start the season. Like many have said, they have a chance to start 9-1.

Andre is probable tonight and Kerr isn't planning on resting anyone.

Damn, right. It's the beginning of the season and I dislike that they give players these days rest days.

Back
Top Bottom