Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

Mine was probably the "oh, she has no idea. Put a black light in here and it's like a Jackson Pollock painting."

I died 

Also Thanos calling Ronan Boy sent shivers down my spine.  

So what was everyones favorite line in the movie mines was "we're all standing up,like a bunch of jackasses"

Its not one line but when they got their records expunged and were talking about hypothetical future crimes :rofl:

"Let's say someone has something I want more than him so I take it?"
"Well that would be illegal"
"No I don't think you understand, I want it more"
"Yah, that's still illegal"

"What if I rip someone's spinal cord out"
"That's highly illegal"

Not rly a line but that smile on groots face after he put in that work towards the end was classic

^Did you guys happen to catch what Gamora said before that? I didnt and felt like I missed out on that joke because of it

Also when the girl gets out of the cabin and he can't remember her name then says "I didn't know you were still here!"

Last edited:
Drax:

"You, Peter Quill are my friend. This dumb tree, is my friend. You, green *****..."

*gets interrupted by Gamora and then Nebula

*blasts Nebula

"No one talks about my friends like that."

:rofl:

Drax:

"I like this knife so I'm going to keep it."

:lol:

Drax:

"Don't call me a thesaurus again."

Drax:

"You're an imbecile."

Drax had those lowkey dry humor lines that you really wouldn't expect a big man to have.

^Did you guys happen to catch what Gamora said before that? I didnt and felt like I missed out on that joke because of it

Also when the girl gets out of the cabin and he can't remember her name then says "I didn't know you were still here!"
I believe gamora called his ship a filthy place when they first arrived on their ship and climbed up the ladder.

Movie was
pimp.gif

Think it does a good job of expanding the Marvel universe, the characters and story are a good change of pace from previous MCU films.

The ending kinda reminded me of Thor 2, though.
One really small detail I liked - the cold open (Peter as a kid) into the Marvel logo sequence
Definitely. Them feels
frown.gif

Can't be the only, who geeks out when the Marvel logo drops and the comic book pages start flipping. **** is on!
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I had to google Jackson Pollock when I came home. I want to meet a kid who was 7 years old watching this movie after they realize what that means 10-15 years from now.

Drax:

"You, Peter Quill are my friend. This dumb tree, is my friend. You, green *****..."

*blasts Nebula

Drax:

Drax:

Drax:

"You're an imbecile."

Drax had those lowkey dry humor lines that you really wouldn't expect a big man to have.

Dude was a clown :lol:

That friend speech was pure gold :lol:

Drax:

*blasts Nebula

Drax:

Drax:

Drax:

"You're an imbecile."

My favorite was "Behold!"

Get this man an oscar nomination or at least a Slammy for that.

I've heard good things so, I think I'll be satisfied with what they done. I'll probably wait u till Tuesday to watch it

The best Drax moment for me was at the end when Peter blasted Ronan with the cannon and it cut to Drax with the CHEESIEST smile on his face, "You did it!". I yelled :rofl:

Then Ronan got up and blasted Drax to the ground but, my mans bounced up right away and got his *** kicked again. :lol:

Batista was perfect for that role and to think I wanted Khal Drogo for Drax too. Don't think he would've hammed it up like Batista did

The best Drax moment for me was at the end when Peter blasted Ronan with the cannon and it cut to Drax with the CHEESIEST smile on his face, "You did it!". I yelled :rofl:

Then Ronan got up and blasted Drax to the ground but, my mans bounced up right away and got his *** kicked again. :lol:

Batista was perfect for that role and to think I wanted Khal Drogo for Drax too. Don't think he would've hammed it up like Batista did

Wish they would have made him stronger, dude was getting WAXEDDDD left and right effortlessly by Ronan

Just got home, stunned. The "reach" of the Marvel universe, and this film delivered better than I could have ever imagined.

The humor was of the highest level, yet never once felt too cheesy. It was perfect for these bunch of misfits.

The story was fleshed out really well, you felt like you understood everything that was going on, even for someone coming in blind, the bad dudes in Ronan and Thanos were EPIC, the action was tight, the soundtrack was really well done, I'm just amazed.

I remember seeing the trailer the first time, thinking, ehhhhhh, little TOOOOO cheesy, I know that's the point, but man, gonna be tough to pull that off for 2 hours. Yeah, no. They handled it perfectly. Even their serious moments were balanced with levity, but like I said, they never went too over the top. The closest they came to getting over the top was the dance off, and they handled it perfectly when he flat out said, "just tryin to stall you..." Had they gone another few seconds, it might have cost them their closing.

Loved the mom stuff near the end, the mystery of his dad, everything.

My crowd all loved it, the lines were deep, my daughter loved it, and from the looks of this thread, and the ratings I've seen, everyone else has loved it too. :pimp:

Disney/Marvel is slaying ****. 10 months til Avengers 2, I can not wait to see where we go next.

Drax vs. Thanos though :nerd:
View media item 1110995

Speaking of Ronan, I was a little disappointed with his characterization in the movie and if he really got offed then it would have kinda been a waste of his character. I would have liked to see him as more of an anti-hero like in the comics.

Beyond that though, Lee Pace's performance was great....dudes speech game was A1, he had me believing that he could really take down Thanos when he turned on him :lol:

Last edited:
Good point, when Ronan got mouthy with Thanos, I was ready for the movie to just shut down for a bit and let those two dance. I legit woulda been up outta my seat bouncin like Ali if that came to pass, I was hype. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was kinda let down when Thanos just logged off like that. :lol:

My favorite line was when quill explained what a metaphor was to drax. And then drax was like " nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast." That had me dieing.

This movie was amazing. Best movie of the year. And it's not even close. I didn't read the comics so coming into this, I didn't know what to expect. There was no holes in the plot. Everythjng was explained. Even how peter was half "human" was explained which made sense after watching that end battle. One thing I loved was when they first got in the jail and rocket let everyone know what was up while grut was going in (literally) on that big dude. Gosh just an amazing film.

One question I had that I'd appreciate if someone answered was, didn't peters mom tell him to open the present when his father would get back? Thabks in advance

I watched it a second time tonight. My cousins and friends loved it. A lot of them are putting it over the Avengers which surprised me. I still like the Avengers better, but I can see where they are coming from.

Enjoyed the movie just a such as the first time. I still maintain there was something missing from the climax. It wasn't quite there. If they added something, it would've been a perfect movie for me.

Do I need to know any backstory whatsoever to enjoy this movie? Getting rave reviews, might have to peep during this weak summer for movies

Back
Top Bottom