Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

War of Kings and Realm of Kings were both cool if you like the Inhumans and crazy space wars between galactic empires. Plus what happens there is what causes what happens in the Thanos Imperative.

Annihilation was great, it's the best cosmic event out of all of them. It's what started all other other stuff really. There weren't any other cosmic events before that (that decade)
Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest was great.  The last fight with Annihilus was awesome.  

Kind of expected more from War of Kings but still a good story arc.  

I was starting to read war of kings and ended up reading vol 2 again. Still don't get how this serious book translates to a comedy. Is it Ronan's giant tower of dead bodies? All this religious subtext? Peter mercilessly beating a psychic?

Two sarcastic characters and peter reminding people who the guardians are do not change the tone of this book to comedy. I see more sarcasm on a daily basis

Last edited:
Old news but I just realized this now

I think Marvel does have rights to the Kree. The GotG toys that are coming soon have Ronan as blue even tho Korath is black. Like I said. Blue makeup on black faces doesnt look right.

View media item 834901View media item 834902
Making Korath/Hounsou lightskin :smh: If that was me a ****storm would ensue

Last edited:
Watch a Live Guardians of the Galaxy Q&A with Chris Pratt, James Gunn and Kevin Feige!

"Definitely a lot of humor in the movie." - James Gunn.

Well there's that. 

Chris Pratt looks completely bored.

"Definitely a lot of humor in the movie." - James Gunn.

Well there's that. 

Chris Pratt looks completely bored.
:lol: I thought I had missed part of the vid and they already interviewed Pratt and then Gunn and Feige showed up after and he was just forced to stay.

True. I think he will be a big name after this name and being the lead in the next Jurassic Park film, it will only help.
And he had the lego movie, which I didn't really care for, I don't think there is any way it will make less than $600M in the box office and a sequel is already greenlit.

Tho I will give this movie this. All those recognizeable voices didnt spoil the movie the way shark tale's voices did

^Looks like Ronan right in front of him so Ronan is blue. They left Hounsou black because black features and blue skin doesnt look good imo

I can't wait to see how the Novas are used in this movie. It looks like they are set up as a bureaucracy. I know next to nothing about them but I never got that vibe from them in the comics. But I have only ever read material where there is only 1 Nova left in the universe.

Would still smash saldana lookin like that. Wish their uniforms were dark blue, like the comics. It is absolutely ******ed for people who might need to sneak attack to be wearing bright red like that.

Not bad at all,I'm glad that they shied away from the Mass Effect type suit for Gamora. Way too generic.

Last edited:
Would still smash saldana lookin like that. Wish their uniforms were dark blue, like the comics. It is absolutely ******ed for people who might need to sneak attack to be wearing bright red like that.

Gamora usually wears green in the comics iirc, just a darker hue from her skin.

But this is what I said on why the future heroes in DofP wore black leather because bright spandex make them much more visible when hiding from Sentinel and I got chastised for it. :lol:

They need Saldana in this fit though.

View media item 892434

lol. Mutants have actual superpowers. What does it matter what color you wear when you can run to your enemy at the speed of sound or rip a hole through space to get there?

Gamora is the only one there whos powers are beyond super strength. She doesn't need stealth with that Wolverine like healing factor.

Storm can't run at the speed of sound, same with Colossus, Iceman, Kitty Pride, Sunspot, etc... You act like all mutants can run away at that pace or teleport away from harm. Superpowers doesn't mean invulnerability.

Point is if you are in hiding, just like what Gamora does to assassinate someone, you don't wear bright colored clothes that will get you noticed. You stay incognito and blend in as much as you can.

And Wolverine actually does a lot of stealth too despite his healing powers.

Last edited:
I know. But they act as a team. Blink will likely transport everyone everywhere like Magik currently does in the X-Men comics. But I am sure they could have gotten away with the dark colors if they did a good job with them. I was just putting my .02 out there for the Guardians costumes. Not something that I am truly irritated by or complaining about cuz those costumes are still ill. If singer could simply get the costumes done right it would be a whole different story.

Last edited:
Obviously Blink can't just teleport everyone, as you can see int he previous alone, they are overwhelmed and you can already see Storm getting shanked from behind. Sunspot, Colossus and Blink were cornered by Sentinels in the trailer and actually got into a battle. If it were as simple as teleporting everyone to get away from the Sentinels, then every XMen story involving them would suck. :lol:

As for Singer, like I said before, he is more open to colorful costumes now. He produced First Class and they put them in blue and yellow gear with an "X" on their body, even put Magneto in his classic maroon costume with shiny maroon helmet to match. In DofP, you can see Mags have a red costume and you only see the black gear for the future version, which makes sense to reflect a dystopian time. I wouldn't be surprised if the past XMen gear up in their more classic costume and maybe, just maybe a mask for Wolverine?

That's just me trying to be optimistic about the film. Singer QS is still the single, most atrocious comic book costume translation ever made though.

Back
Top Bottom