My mans mentioned max b
pimp.gif

Movie 3 > This tho...

Kush is My Cologne & Classical
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

ive said it once and ill say it again

Gucci is not a real rapper. He is an entertainer

hes like the circus. you go, you watch, you enjoy, you leave.

you dont go to your friends and quote the circus or talk about it on an intellectual level

him doing what he does works for him i guess but to me he is a joke. honestly you guys celebrate that BURR and GUCCI the same way BANGS and "This is Agoon" is celebrated.

think about that for a minute. Do you have Gucci on the level of Bangs? Maybe? Yes?

but anyway

the album is like any other gucci album

you cant understand a word he says.

when you can understand him hes talking about money, +$%#, or drugs or something "stupid wild" and its simple abc rap

the production is always threw the roof thats why he gets love in the streets

cause the beats are always nice. Hell the beats are beyond nice no one has better beats on a consitant level than gucci

I dont hate him. I enjoy i good laugh like anyone else

but lets just take this for what it is

the circus

PS

i like when NAS says hip hop is dead he is refering to people like Gucci #justsaying.

you are just hating

why did you listen to this if you knew how it was going to be?

does every hip hop album have to be on an intellectual tip like nas? I mean..look where that left him..

who cares if he took shots at jay. he isn't a God regardless of what he says.

typing like this is annoying.

ps

Burrr!

i type like that so its easy to read

Also NTers have a low attention span to begin with

if you keep it short with one line replies people will read your replies as apposed to long brick looking text (people get intimidated by that and dont readit)

perfect example is you reading it all

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Time and time again you prove that your opinion on music is worthless. No one cares son, continue to feelfree to share, just know that no one cares.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Time and time again you prove that your opinion on music is worthless. No one cares son, continue to feel free to share, just know that no one cares.
laugh.gif

you care enough to share

more than that you care enough to read

finally you care enough to quote

I do it for you

your welcome

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Time and time again you prove that your opinion on music is worthless. No one cares son, continue to feel free to share, just know that no one cares.
laugh.gif

you care enough to share

more than that you care enough to read

finally you care enough to quote

I do it for you

your welcome
You're confused. I don't do any of those things because I care about your opinion, I do those things because I care about letting youknow you're a moron.
eyes.gif

im not going to go back and forth

but if you didnt read then why did you start your reply with my first line?

why do you care about telling me you think im a moron?

stop catching feelings bro its not that serious its like you wanna fight me for putting gucci out there like that.

fall back or PM me ill be more than happy to reply and explain why gucci is not a good rapper
I read until it became evident you weren't saying anything of substance. I care about letting you know you're a moron, or rather that youhave a habit of making moronic statements because you do it routinely and I'm in class till 6:50 with nothing better to do. I haven't caught feelings,don't flatter yourself. It's truly not that serious, if you honestly think I want to fight you I don't know what to say. Trust, PMing you will notbe necessary.

im flattered that by your own admission you read my replies "routinely"

im sorry however they fall short to impress you

it's clear that not many people care what you have to say however, judging from your grand total of 14 "fo(A)llowers" on Twitter

so please let's stop this. it's painfully clear you fall short intellectually to argue with me by your repeated self contradictions and failed attemptsto sound "coy"

i'm guessing there is a reason you are still in school until 6:50 at night. try to make use of your time there and stop this banter with me

Gucci Mane
The State vs. Radric Davis
(So Icey/Asylum/Warner Bros.)

Beats: XL

Lyrics: L

Originality: XL

Since the beginning of his rap career, Radric Davis has been on a trial of sorts. When he first broke ground, alongside Young Jeezy on "Icy," hisintroductory single, casual fans sang along to the catchy hook, while skeptics questioned the strength of Gucci's lyrically light approach on the verses.Nevertheless, the song was a hit. Then came Gucci's real-life drama. But after beating a murder rap in 2005, the Alabama-born, Atlanta-bred MC seemed tohave put the bulk of his legal problems behind him-except he didn't. An assault charge, which landed Gucci Mane La Flare back behind bars that same year,would come back to haunt him. He was released after several months served then locked back up in 2008, due to parole violations.

After being sprung in the spring of 2009, Gucci went right back to the booth, recording and releasing an arsenal of mixtapes for the streets (Writing onthe Wall and Gangsta Grillz: The Movie: Part 2 with DJ Drama). Plus, he laid verses for some of this year's biggest radio hits (Mario's "Break Up," MariahCarey's "Obsessed" and the Black Eyed Peas' "Boom Boom Pow [Remix]"), satisfying both his core base and, now, the casual hip-hopfan. In perhaps his boldest statement, Gucci dropped a trio of mixtapes dubbed the Cold War series (Guccimerica,Brrrussia and Great Brrritain) in just one day this past October. It's become clear that, as a rapper, Gucci has been racking upwins in the court of public opinion.

The State vs. Radric Davis serves as the type of art-imitating-life work that hip-hop fans historically eatup. It's key to note that it marks Gooch's graduation from the indie Asylum (where he released his debut studio album, Back to the Traphouse) to its parent major label, Warner Bros., and the music reflects that. Clearly, the label sparedno expense, and the Polow Da Don-crafted, Usher-assisted first single, "Spotlight," is the chief example. The well-polished pop track, complete withall-too-perfect 808 drums and superclean bass lines, does little to complement La Flare's gruff vocal tone and Southern bravado. He simply struggles tofind his footing alongside Usher's overpowering R&B hook. Not that Gucci can't turn an R&B trick, though. He fares much better on theZaytoven-produced "I Think I'm Fallin' in Love." The title suggests a sugar-flavored relationship record, but that couldn't be furtherfrom the truth, as Gucci chooses game spittin' in place of sweet nothings, with lines like, "Yeah, I'm a bachelor, but I'm working on mymaster's/No, I'm not a doctor, but my money is way past one." The Keyshia Cole duet "Bad, Bad, Bad" follows a similar path, while"Sex in Crazy Places," with Bobby Valentino, Trina and Nicki Minaj, is just downright dirty.

Fans of Gucci's mixtapes need not worry-the album features a healthy amount of the hardened material that has made Mr. So Icey revered in the streets."Heavy," an ode to therapper's collection of gaudy chains, is a standout, with its over-the-top one-liners ("I wish a ++@%! would run up on me like Brisco"), while theLil Wayne/Cam'ron collaboration "Stupid Wild" is sure to unite Southern and East Coast fans. It doesn't stop there. La Flare holds his own inthe company of proven artists like Rick Ross ("All About My Money") and Plies ("Wasted"), but he exhibits the most chemistry on the weedanthem "Kush Is My Cologne," featuring Bun B, E-40 and a scene-stealing verse by Devin the Dude.

Amid all the disc's co-stars, however, listeners rarely get a glimpse of the real Radric Davis. Maybe that's what makes the soul-baring "My Worst Enemy" so good, especially whenGucci touches on his Young Jeezy beef with earnest rhymes like, "The day they tried to murder me, a day I can't forget about/And I don't wish nodeath on homie, I just want him to hear me out." It's a shame the album doesn't offer more songs like it. The bouncy "Lemonade," where Gooch gushes over hislemon-colored rims and lemon-flavored weed, is clever, but ultimately it could've been left on the cutting-room floor. Same goes for the forgettable"Amnesia," featuring Keri Hilson.

When it comes to his real-life troubles, the jury is still out on Radric Davis. Another ill-timed probation violationcould very well land landed him back behind bars. So, inthat regard, his story is still untold. On the other hand, musically, The State vs. RadricDavis has proven the rapper's case beyond a reasonable doubt. So when rap fans ask if he is now a bankablehip-hop star, let the record show that Gucci Mane is guilty as charged. -Rob Markman

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

laugh.gif
Arthur you take yourself way to seriously. You stay comin off as a tool.

pimp.gif
I gave it the first spin and I felt like it started off really strong. Off of the first few songs I was ready to call it the next hood classic. Then thebarrage of commercial songs hit with the R&B that was pretty much so-so. Overall, it was a solid project. Undecided on whether I want to purchase it or notyet. I wish the whole album resembled the beginning more, but I definitely understand that he's now trying to appeal to the masses.

Harm City...

word on the street is this Arthur guy has a Rocky Dennis face...

IDK, that's just what they say...

shoulder_shrug11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom