GUIDE TO CHECK IN TO FOOTLOCKER, FOOTACTION, CHAMPS

I don't know about them refusing returns, they can, but thats kinna tricky. Involves employees, managers & potential in-store confrontations. If it were me I would probably set up red flags within the system for any account that goes over X amount of dollars in returns within every 1-2 month period which triggers an automatic black ball for reserves on that account. More discrete & less confrontational. But who knows, this whole thing is a s*** show on wheels.

they dont care. they refuse to do alotta **** all the time lol. thats like saying the employees wouldnt dare be shady because they dont want issues. they dont care about confrontation. i can def see them setting something up that would curb the cop and return after every release abuse. might be negative points on account. might be a trigger in the system that wont let the employee process anymore returns for your account after a certain point. who knows. time will tell.

they dont care. they refuse to do alotta **** all the time lol. thats like saying the employees wouldnt dare be shady because they dont want issues. they dont care about confrontation. i can def see them setting something up that would curb the cop and return after every release abuse. might be negative points on account. might be a trigger in the system that wont let the employee process anymore returns for your account after a certain point. who knows. time will tell.
No, I know the employee's don't care about confrontation, I'm talking about cooperate, the ppl who make the rules for fnl. Only reason I say the higher ups would stay away from refusing customers a return is because nowhere in their own return policy does it say that they will reserve the right to refuse returns after a customer returns x amount of items. I mean they would have to disclose that & specify how many returns or dollar amount is excessive to the point of no return (no pun intended) so customers know when they are breaking a purchase agreement. It's why you see a clear return policy behind every reciept for every single place you shop. Returns are touchy because money & goods have transfered hands so the cuatomer has the right to know what the purchase agreement & return policy is & the seller has to disclose that information. There are laws for return policies & they can get sued playing in those waters. I mean, by law if a store doesn't display a return policy at all you have the right to return that item within 30 days reguardless of what the store says otherwise they're breaking the law. It's a liability at that point. I mean at the end of the day a return is still just a return no matter how many you make or if points are involved. But I think it's just going to be like what dude said up there about them taking back points after a return. You end up in the hole from the points spent on losing the reserve so it makes it hard to sustain a buy/return loop hole. Either way, FLX is driving me crazy
1lxapq.jpg

You need to allot points towards a raffle? Is that correct?

You don't "need" too per se. You can enter without it.

But it's like before, without the "headstart/extra minute" your chances are very slim you hit on an in-demand shoe.

Now the only way to get that is by using points we earned from purchases in-store/online, instead of just typing in a code or checking in via bluetooth, which cost us nothing previously...

PO

No, I know the employee's don't care about confrontation, I'm talking about cooperate, the ppl who make the rules for fnl. Only reason I say the higher ups would stay away from refusing customers a return is because nowhere in their own return policy does it say that they will reserve the right to refuse returns after a customer returns x amount of items. I mean they would have to disclose that & specify how many returns or dollar amount is excessive to the point of no return (no pun intended) so customers know when they are breaking a purchase agreement. It's why you see a clear return policy behind every reciept for every single place you shop. Returns are touchy because money & goods have transfered hands so the cuatomer has the right to know what the purchase agreement & return policy is & the seller has to disclose that information. There are laws for return policies & they can get sued playing in those waters. I mean, by law if a store doesn't display a return policy at all you have the right to return that item within 30 days reguardless of what the store says otherwise they're breaking the law. It's a liability at that point. I mean at the end of the day a return is still just a return no matter how many you make or if points are involved. But I think it's just going to be like what dude said up there about them taking back points after a return. You end up in the hole from the points spent on losing the reserve so it makes it hard to sustain a buy/return loop hole. Either way, FLX is driving me crazy
1lxapq.jpg

i get what youre saying. but we r also not supposed to abuse the system like that. they probably cant say anything to you if youre just a normal person returning items normally. but if its blatantly obvious that youre buying $100 worth of stuff on Monday, and then on every saturday/sunday after every drop you come and return all that stuff, and you do that ish 6+ weeks in a row.....yea i think they are well within their right to limit your returning. at that point, youre trying to cheat them.

reg rules apply to reg people who use the system like it was meant to.
you dont get protected by those same rules if youre taking advantage of the system.

but like i said....we shall see what they do.

either way.....i think we can all agree that this new headstart system is trash.

You don't "need" too per se. You can enter without it.

But it's like before, without the "headstart/extra minute" your chances are very slim you hit on an in-demand shoe.

Now the only way to get that is by using points we earned from purchases in-store/online, instead of just typing in a code or checking in via bluetooth, which cost us nothing previously...

PO

So it's the equivalent of a video game microtransaction to make your character better. It's essentially pay to win.

i get what youre saying. but we r also not supposed to abuse the system like that. they probably cant say anything to you if youre just a normal person returning items normally. but if its blatantly obvious that youre buying $100 worth of stuff on Monday, and then on every saturday/sunday after every drop you come and return all that stuff, and you do that ish 6+ weeks in a row.....yea i think they are well within their right to limit your returning. at that point, youre trying to cheat them.

reg rules apply to reg people who use the system like it was meant to.
you dont get protected by those same rules if youre taking advantage of the system.

but like i said....we shall see what they do.

either way.....i think we can all agree that this new headstart system is trash.
A normal person isnt buying sneakers every week either. You gotta do what benefits you as a consumer because these stores are doing what's best for them. You either have to buy bs to get your points up or buy off the resale platform. If you buy from GOAT, FTL is getting paid either way. I agree that it's a garbage system though.

I made a purchase in-store last night, and the points were on my account within minutes.

Has anyone purchased online? I need to know how quickly points from online purchases hit your account.

Update: My friend made a purchase last night, it shipped this morning, and he still doesn't have the points.
Supposedly it can take up to 72 hours after shipping to get points.

Last edited:
From observation, people are upset about:

1. Using earned FLX points for head starts then losing them if they lose out on shoes
2. Spending money to earn points
3. Amount spent over the course of past year not properly transitioning to earned FLX points (reset to a max 3000 points and X3 tier)

Proposed solutions:

1. Rollover FLX points to next release if you lose on a release or take away half the head start points for "playing the game."
2. Advise on other ways to earn points instead of spending money like social sharing (they have sign up links as well as shoe/pant sizes, etc to earn points)
3. Honor your regular shoppers and transition the proper points.

Pros of the system:
No more expiring/forgetting to use VIP rewards after 2 months. Transition to gift cards is better. Also lifts the restrictions of not being able to use VIP rewards on 11s, Yeezys and QS releases.

Cons of the system:
Already being listed in this thread.

Keeping in mind Nike still doesn't have an incentive program, Shoe Palace still makes you go in store to get raffle tickets and Shady Shiekh's is bankrupt and stores are starting to die

Here is some info I hope you guys find useful. If any of this is not accurate, please let me know and I'll adjust this post. I'll add stuff if I think of any:
  • Your Footlocker/Footaction/Champs/Lady Footlocker accounts are linked now: You log on with the same e-mail address and password for each account. Your status (X1, X2, X3) will be the same across all those companies. Your FLX points will be shared too. So, if you buy $100 from Champs, you'll have 10,000 points you can use on headstarts for any of those companies.
  • How to get X2 or X3: Validate your account through one of the Footlocker/Footaction/Champs websites. Yesterday it didn't work through the app (not sure if they've fixed that). Once you validate through one of those websites, you'll be upgraded soon after. Getting X2 or X3 is based on your previous purchases. To jump from X2 to X3 will require $200 worth of purchases.
  • Head Starts: Up to 11. When you sign up for a sneaker raffle, you're at 1/11. So to get to 11, you need 10 more which is 10,000 points or $100.
  • Points: $1 = 100 points, $10 = 1,000 points, $100 = 10,000 points.
  • Do you lose your points even if you don't win a raffle?: Yes.
  • How quickly will you get points from purchases?: In store, it should be within minutes. Online - supposedly up to 72 hours after your order ships.

Last edited:
I can’t believe people use to buy and return... I ain’t even know about that Jig... y’all had me buying Nike sweatpants and sweatshirts the whole time....

FWIW... YMMV.

If you migrated through the app, your benefits may not have transferred over properly. My main account got screwed up in the transition. It had over $6k in spend over the three stores and nothing but X1 with no points now.

I logged into my backup account on the website and the transition was completely different. This account only had about $2400 in spending on it, just at Champs. When I logged in I had different messages and everything. This account shows X3 status, and while I don’t have my 3k points yet, it seems like those do show up late for the people who have X3 statues.

If you know anyone else, try to get them to migrate on the website instead of the app.

Yeah the buying and returning was used heavily for platinum accounts before but it seems like with this system it'll just put you in the negative since you already used the points you earned for the headstart.

Probably their way of combatting that issue

Pros of the system:
Also lifts the restrictions of not being able to use VIP rewards on 11s, Yeezys and QS releases.
I thought you can't use any discounts or rewards on new releases anymore. Are they giving out gift cards for purchases that can also be used for new releases?
Screenshot_2020-02-04-15-16-32-1.png

Yeah the buying and returning was used heavily for platinum accounts before but it seems like with this system it'll just put you in the negative since you already used the points you earned for the headstart.

Probably their way of combatting that issue
Didn't they remove the money spent on a return from your account in the old app too tho? Only thing I ever returned were those japan 12's cause they looked bogus as hell in hand & that money was taken back off my account.

Back
Top Bottom