Gus Johnson and CBS Part Ways vol. (not) PURE!

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

I think last years Kansas State Vs. Xavier game when Jordan Crawford was hitting them nasty %%% 3's Gus yelled

"HE COMES FROM A FAMILY"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I remember he said someone on Ohio State had a good meal before church last night after he made a clutch shot of some kind

I think he also was saying Jacob Pullen was making shots from the parking lot anytime a long 3 was pure

I think it might have been this call that made CBS pull the plug.

"If you're BYU, do you foul?"

lol its a tie game.

Nah but forreal he will be missed for march madness. I'd take a commentator who gives enthusiasm over the guys who don't even show any kind of emotion, like they are just there for the check and don't care that they are witnessing sports history. Gus is the man.

I think it might have been this call that made CBS pull the plug.

"If you're BYU, do you foul?"

lol its a tie game.

Nah but forreal he will be missed for march madness. I'd take a commentator who gives enthusiasm over the guys who don't even show any kind of emotion, like they are just there for the check and don't care that they are witnessing sports history. Gus is the man.

Gus is great. I appreciate his honesty the most. One Knick game during the Isiah era the camera panned the bench and Gus let the world know exactly how he felt about those bums. I don't ever remember him calling a Knick game on tv after that, he was relegated to the radio with Johnny Hoops, full time.

Even if he wasn't excitable, he would still be a solid commentator, but why would you want that? There are plenty of other boring commentators out there, but not many can make ANY game seem close, or ANY shot feel like a game winner. Gus can.

Gus is great. I appreciate his honesty the most. One Knick game during the Isiah era the camera panned the bench and Gus let the world know exactly how he felt about those bums. I don't ever remember him calling a Knick game on tv after that, he was relegated to the radio with Johnny Hoops, full time.

Even if he wasn't excitable, he would still be a solid commentator, but why would you want that? There are plenty of other boring commentators out there, but not many can make ANY game seem close, or ANY shot feel like a game winner. Gus can.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

ESPN's chance to redeem themselves. They cover the most sports, he can do them all.
You do realize he'd become a corporate drone at ESPN though. There's a reason ESPN has the most mundane announcing/studio crews in sports. They're not allowed to have fun, have opinions, etc. I'm surprised JVG is even allowed to be the way he is.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

ESPN's chance to redeem themselves. They cover the most sports, he can do them all.
You do realize he'd become a corporate drone at ESPN though. There's a reason ESPN has the most mundane announcing/studio crews in sports. They're not allowed to have fun, have opinions, etc. I'm surprised JVG is even allowed to be the way he is.

Without Bill Walton and Gus Johnson on the call, I don't know how basketball or sports in general can exist.

Life just got more gloomy.
30t6p3b.gif

Without Bill Walton and Gus Johnson on the call, I don't know how basketball or sports in general can exist.

Life just got more gloomy.
30t6p3b.gif

Gus is AWESOME.

No more ShowTime boxing either I take it?

He wont be out of work for more than a day.

I hope he ends up doing more football.

Gus is AWESOME.

No more ShowTime boxing either I take it?

He wont be out of work for more than a day.

I hope he ends up doing more football.

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by hustleordie

"My name's Al Harrington...I get buckets!"
roll.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Gus will be fine trust me.
hopefully man..

2 many good quotes.. listening to these current broadcasters is
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

**** stockton needs to go
reggie is ANNOYING.

kevin harlen (SP?) is the only 1 I bangs with.. pause..

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by hustleordie

"My name's Al Harrington...I get buckets!"
roll.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Gus will be fine trust me.
hopefully man..

2 many good quotes.. listening to these current broadcasters is
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

**** stockton needs to go
reggie is ANNOYING.

kevin harlen (SP?) is the only 1 I bangs with.. pause..

Heard something along the lines of Fox offering him for NFL and college football on Fox Sports and CBS has a week to match the offer.

Heard something along the lines of Fox offering him for NFL and college football on Fox Sports and CBS has a week to match the offer.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Smh this dude had the ability to make 30 point blowouts in the 1-16 match-ups entertaining. This is terrible.

this. back in the day, I used to think...ok...I'm watching Knick games for Clyde, one of these days it'll be for Gus.
ohwell.gif

Even CBS Dolan doggin him.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Smh this dude had the ability to make 30 point blowouts in the 1-16 match-ups entertaining. This is terrible.

this. back in the day, I used to think...ok...I'm watching Knick games for Clyde, one of these days it'll be for Gus.
ohwell.gif

Even CBS Dolan doggin him.
30t6p3b.gif

Wherever he goes, the games he broadcasts are will be instantly interesting and something crazy will happen. Law of Gus Johnson

Wherever he goes, the games he broadcasts are will be instantly interesting and something crazy will happen. Law of Gus Johnson

Back
Top Bottom