Gus Johnson and CBS Part Ways vol. (not) PURE!

http://twitter.com/#!/darrenrovell
darrenrovell darren rovell

CBS says that Gus Johnson is gone. If he signs deal w/Fox, he would call Pac-12 FB, NFL on Fox & Big Ten Network basketball.

darrenrovell darren rovell

Gus Johnson to FOX has not been signed yet. But seems like it's pretty much down to last minute language.

pimp.gif

Maybe FOX would let him do double duty with ESPN too. Bill Raftery does games for both CBS and ESPN. ESPN's college football play by play needs help...big-time! The only one I like calling Saturday games is Brad Nessler. In fact, he should get promoted to the #1 team with Herbie instead of Musberger.

It's tough though, Gus probably won't get promoted at any network since they already have their personalities. He'd probably be on the 4th or 5th team on their depth chart, just like at CBS

Maybe FOX would let him do double duty with ESPN too. Bill Raftery does games for both CBS and ESPN. ESPN's college football play by play needs help...big-time! The only one I like calling Saturday games is Brad Nessler. In fact, he should get promoted to the #1 team with Herbie instead of Musberger.

It's tough though, Gus probably won't get promoted at any network since they already have their personalities. He'd probably be on the 4th or 5th team on their depth chart, just like at CBS

The Boomer & Carton show on WFAN in NY was talking about Gus Johnson this morning.

They played a random clip of him saying "HI, I'M GUS JOHNSON" along with clips of Jim Nantz
laugh.gif

The Boomer & Carton show on WFAN in NY was talking about Gus Johnson this morning.

They played a random clip of him saying "HI, I'M GUS JOHNSON" along with clips of Jim Nantz
laugh.gif

they should add some soccer games to his contract too.

imagine him calling a game when Messi turns to God.

they should add some soccer games to his contract too.

imagine him calling a game when Messi turns to God.

Damn smh...would love him doing games on ESPN instead of the pac 12....Gus announcing a jacory harris td pass would be epic!!!!!!!!

Damn smh...would love him doing games on ESPN instead of the pac 12....Gus announcing a jacory harris td pass would be epic!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by acidicality

Gus calling Pac-12 football
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Cal games are about to get really interesting.
pimp.gif
I can see it now.
"LaMichael James! He's got 'gettin' away from the cops' speed! HA HA!" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Seriously, Gus is that dude.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Gus calling Pac-12 football
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Cal games are about to get really interesting.
pimp.gif
I can see it now.
"LaMichael James! He's got 'gettin' away from the cops' speed! HA HA!" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Seriously, Gus is that dude.

Back
Top Bottom