Guy is telling me my Jordan 3s are fake......

I recently sold a pair of Jordan 3 88 size 10.5. I bought them from NDC and provided my receipt with the shoes. I sold these weeks ago and now all of a sudden I get an email saying this guy has opened up a Paypal dispute.

He said the following...

"Your shoes are fakes I brought them to Flight club NYC and they knew from the box as well as the stitching and there are flaws on the elephant print too. I want a quick and full refund of my money. I will send them back immediately once you accept the swap back. Im very disappointed because I was guaranteed authenticity."

I typed in the invoice there are no refunds but is there anything I can do, Paypal is such a buyer biased website.

In that case you will probably lose. Get back your shoe first, check it out and refund him. PayPal will most likely take the buyer side. He might try to scam switch the shoe and give you a fake one instead. So check it to make its your shoe.

Do you have the pictures you provided to the buyer saved and tagged? If so, post them here and we'll confirm the authenticity of your IIIs and you can show PayPal and explain that the buyer is a scammer.

You're going to lose since paypal is just going to make him send the shoes back and he will get a refund.

Definitely trying to scam. Looks like He going to try and send back a fake pair. Lets hope that's not the case. Hopefully he just flat out couldn't afford it.

So I mean is there anything I can do or do I just have to hope he sends back the shoes (in the condition I sent them in).

Ive got pictures of the shoes and receipt, the order is in my nike history. I can get a legit check from Niketalk.

Does any of that hold any value in this situation?

Pics should've tagged I've even heard extreme measures were people actually vid whole mail process not worth it to me

Not sure if u all the way screwed or not

Do you have picture of the serial number on the inside tags? Maybe the fake pair won't match up. Always remember to tag your pictures with a Date & Name. I have a case where people are stealing my pictures on Craigslist to sell their fake shoes.

1000% legit fam, same as my sz 11 NDC pair

- Correct white TUMBLE LEATHER & SMOOTH LEATHER uppers
- Correct FIRE RED insoles with correct black nike air fonts
- Correct white sock & ankle liners which come to a slight point on the heels
- Correct perforations on the ankle liners, middle eyelits & smooth leather leading up to the tongues
- Correct box & style code # 580775-160
- Correct black & white midsole/mudguard's
- Correct TUMBLE LEATHER tongues with fire red jumpmans & piping overlapping tongues
- Correct placement of size tags behind the fire red lining of tongues
- Correct white air units with a white air bubble
- Correct engraved black nike air on the white heel tabs
- Correct white forefoots with white contrast stitching across
- Correct black, white & fire red eyelits, stitching ends at the top & bottom of the white eyelits

Hope it helps with this scammer!!!

The buyer is more then likely trying to scam you. If not he's just ignorant cuz not every single III will be the exact same.

Just make sure to get your shoes back.

I responded to the case and just said that I have the pictures of the shoe and receipt , order in my nike history as well as references verifying the authenticity. I requested pictures of the shoes before any refund takes place. I have no problem refunding the money if the shoes come back in the same condition as shipped.....

I honestly cant tell if this person is

A. Trying to scam

B. Doesn't know his sneakers well and thinks all 3s are exactly the same and immaculate.

C. Just wants the money back

Its too bad this is happening I havent had a problem like this in 5+ years. Makes me weary about dealing with random people....Im going to hope for the best.

Last edited:
collect all your conversations with him and the order and shipping confirmations you got from nike. submit them to paypal and explain to them that the shoes you shipped were directly from the retailer. document everything with screenshots or send paypal the actual emails. good luck and hopefully everything works out for the best!

did this transaction happen here in NT? if it did, include screenshots of your PM's to the documents you send paypal.

I responded to the case and just said that I have the pictures of the shoe and receipt , order in my nike history as well as references verifying the authenticity. I requested pictures of the shoes before any refund takes place. I have no problem refunding the money if the shoes come back in the same condition as shipped.....

I honestly cant tell if this person is

A. Trying to scam

B. Doesn't know his sneakers well and thinks all 3s are exactly the same and immaculate.

C. Just wants the money back

Its too bad this is happening I havent had a problem like this in 5+ years. Makes me weary about dealing with random people....Im going to hope for the best.
I hope this works out in your favor.  Sounds like this guy is about to swap em for fakes.  

This scamming s#@! has to stop

the shoes in your picture a 100 percent legitimate this story is one of the reasons why I never wanted to bother with ebay or PayPal when it comes to buying or selling shoes just too much trouble

Try looking the buyer up and get a contact number from them and work this out over the phone with paypal

Good luck

Last edited:
the sneakers above seem to be legit..in my opinion do not give a refund. continue the communication through paypal always, present the pictures and receipt from the store you got them. and anyway, because someone from flightclubny said they are fake, doesn't mean they are...anyone can say various things..flightclub is not a judge. did you include any written conditions that he will check the sneakers and if he does not find them legit he will send them back?

Back
Top Bottom