GXFR - Griselda by Fashion Rebels | Official Thread

He kinda got outshined by every feature on here, save for Busta. His verses weren’t trash either, it’s just everybody featured, raps better than him IMO, still a great project tho.

Last edited:
I actually like Busta verse, was surprised to hear it cause I only skimmed over the featured artist, but he did sound like Cell after he absorbed Android 17 for a few moments

After listening to supreme blientele and fly God over and over...I think fly God is better.

Random thought but I really wish mach-hommy and fahim were still with griselda. Especially over some of the production now.

Anyway, back to supreme blientele. The features all outshine wsg which was disappointing to me because I dont think it's that he couldn't hold his own or anything.... I dunno I can't put my finger on it. It's like he's too generous or something to where he's ok with everyone else shining first.

I respect that but for it to be his album...I dont like that. Benny carried this album IMO. Wasnt feeling Conway on this. What I think is happening is that Conway is working on his project and he's saving verses for it.

No el camino on this project is interesting to me too.

I look forward to hearing benny over daringer and alchemist soon and I hope to hear the same with el camino. Their biggest strength IMO is how different they sound from each other and how daringer compliments it with his production. Which brings me back to mach hommy and fahim. Those two would be ill alongside benny, Conway and wsg.

If I were wsg I would seriously think about putting differences aside and seeing what's up. **** is a movement...but it feels like devastator without the arm and leg or something. We need those two back to complete the movement. IMHO anyway.

Album is like a 4/5 for me. It's not touching fly God but it's my favorite album so far this year. Too many tracks too. I feel like hwh2 and 3 are better too. Dont get scared now as well. Maybe reject 2 and theres God and fly God praise both.

Personal, honest thoughts from a superfan. :smile:

Last edited:
I don't think he raps better than anyone who he featured on the album (save for Crimeapple, and I'm admittedly not very well versed on his music aside from tracks I've stumbled upon on soundcloud), so there's no surprise that they outshined him. I don't really expect WSG to "Out rap" folks most often. He himself knows he's not the best rapper out there. Only feature I wish he had on here was Chase Dinero/Billie Esco as they work well together.

And this album is shorter than Flygod by a decent amount, lol

The skits/wresting promos on this album are ridiculous.

I'm not saying he can outrap but he can certainly hold his own (or even steal the song with his charisma..)

He's got songs where he holds his own or is better than his features which typically are all lyrically better than him. I just dont think that was the case for supreme blientele at all. You can hear more of what I'm talking about on hwh2 and 3, dont get scared now, flygod, etc.

Flygod has more dope tracks than this IMO.

And flygod is only 7 min longer. Actually slightly less I think.

for example i think wsg held his own on these tracks where the other rap is lyrically better than him:

crimeapple:

Yeah, I love Perfect Plex. And Roc Marci WASHED WSG on that too. lol

I don't really care for Mach Hommy, he never really did much for me.

Thanks for the Crimeapple links, will run through those today. :pimp:

I'm not saying he can outrap but he can certainly hold his own (or even steal the song with his charisma..)

He's got songs where he holds his own or is better than his features which typically are all lyrically better than him. I just dont think that was the case for supreme blientele at all. You can hear more of what I'm talking about on hwh2 and 3, dont get scared now, flygod, etc.

Flygod has more dope tracks than this IMO.

And flygod is only 7 min longer. Actually slightly less I think.
Honestly, feels like he’s more interested in putting Conway and Benny on and kind of being the Rza of this than anything else. The vibe that I got from his Rap Radar interview was that he’s cool where he’s at. Sounded like he was putting a lot of effort into pushing Con before everything kind of blew up off the strength of WSGs stuff.

So part of me feels like he’s waiting for Benny and Conway to be ready to lead the way lyrically while he masterminds it all. He just so happened to be the one to get the buzz first, so now he’s using that to build upon Griselda.

He’s always been my least favorite of the three. Something kind of always told me he was willing to take a backseat eventually.

Stumbled upon this this weekend:

Young Conway @ 2:50.

Last edited:
One more for those that haven't heard crimeapple like that:

Ankhlejohn is dope too IMO. Hes first but watch til the end, trust me

Sun. NY.

"Soul of a hustler"

:pimp:

giphy.gif

Nostalgia Ultra. :wow:

"Wake up and smell the Folgers *****" :sick:

Cant stop playing this (and Elizabeth, Brutus, sabu, gods don't bleed)

That macho man promo tho smh "ORRR!!

...ayo How you gon walk with all that jewelry on lord....

Back
Top Bottom