H1N1 FLU........UPDATE : Flu may be less potent than first feared (pg 32)

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Damn, so most of this is happening in the South? Glad I live in the Northwest
smile.gif
Edit: *!%@, nevermind. There's 2 cases in British Columbia, about 2 hours away from me
indifferent.gif
only in Texas so far. Again I hope it doesn't reach the fringes of the Southeast though.

And I'm going to Las Vegas around May 19th to the 25th. My parents already requested their week off for that trip, so I already see the Southwest hithard.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Damn, so most of this is happening in the South? Glad I live in the Northwest
smile.gif
Edit: *!%@, nevermind. There's 2 cases in British Columbia, about 2 hours away from me
indifferent.gif

Oh %$*!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

I'm not seeing how this is a pandemic...68 is the death toll right? People need to just stop worrying, relax and just be cautious...

sorry

more like 108 death toll now

its spreading fast

i dunno about you but "just flu like" symptoms are not fun. as i said before no need to worry but be cautious and aware.........yes.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]I'm not seeing how this is a pandemic...68 is the death toll right? People need to just stop worrying, relax and just be cautious...[/color]

sorry

more like 108 death toll now

its spreading fast

i dunno about you but "just flu like" symptoms are not fun. as i said before no need to worry but be cautious and aware.........yes.
Seriously, man. Since I've been in Texas for the last year, I've on occasion contracted some of the worst flu symptoms I've everexperienced in my life. This is not a game down here.

call this a scare tactic or w/e you want..........im just posting the info

One of the greatest concerns is that the new strain seems to target young, healthy adults, the same group affected by Spanish flu, which killed 20 to 50 million people in 1918.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8020552.stm
The first case of swine flu has been confirmed in Europe.

A male patient in south-eastern Spain has tested positive for the virus and 17 people are under investigation, the Spanish health ministry has said.

EU health ministers are to hold an emergency meeting to discuss their response to the outbreak, which has killed more than 100 people in Mexico.

The EU's Health Commissioner, Androulla Vassiliou, has advised against non-essential travel to any affected areas.

Besides Mexico and Spain, there have also been confirmed cases in the US and Canada. Suspected cases are being investigated in the UK, France, Brazil, Israel and New Zealand.

so now can we get some border control? no offense to all the migos who are here but this is getting sad

drug wars? swine flu? smh

eek.gif
this is spreading fast

i remember experiencing the worst flu ever this past december. #%+* made me lose 10 pounds. If this is worse than that
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

eek.gif
this is spreading fast

i remember experiencing the worst flu ever this past december. #%+* made me lose 10 pounds. If this is worse than that
sick.gif
smh.gif

This was quoted for emphasis. As a lanky guy, my family panicked when I got back from Philadelphia post-spring break and (perhaps due to the instant change inweather / environment) I developed debilitating flu symptoms and lost almost ten pounds in about two days. Thank God for insurance.

[h2]"Prophetic: War will beget tyranny, an ending of all hope, and widespread despair. This must be avoided. All but one plan fails as depression nears the West. Sickness in April to June."

embarassed.gif
nerd.gif

[/h2]

Originally Posted by psykhO

smh.gif
Hopefully this gets under control ASAP
ummm it is under control. actually it was created to control population.

obama could snap his fingers and this would be gone

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30431245/

updated 13 minutes ago

LUXEMBOURG - The European Union's health commissioner urged Europeans on Monday to postpone nonessential travel to the United States or Mexico due to swine flu.

EU Health Commissioner Andorra Vassiliou met with the EU foreign ministers on the subject as Spain reported the first confirmed case of swine flu in Europe. That was also the first swine flu case outside North America.

One of the greatest concerns is that the new strain seems to target young, healthy adults, the same group affected by Spanish flu, which killed 20 to 50 million people in 1918.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

now im shook.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

now im shook.

That is a lot of people huh? This all seems so set up to me though. It just seems so weird.

So are my chances of contracting it less likely if I don't eat pork?

Just saying...

Originally Posted by RKO2004

This all seems so set up to me though. It just seems so weird.

I'm gonna go ahead and call it now... somehow, somewhere, someone will attribute this to Obama's Presidency.

Just saying...

Originally Posted by Air Messiah

As long nobody dies from this in the U.S., I don't think people should be bugging out or anything.

That's how I feel. Hopefully we're right.

Back
Top Bottom