Haitian Jack (Strange but possibly true tales in hip hop)

Hold up...

Wait a minute...

Tuapc... "Drinking Hennessy riding on my enemies" Tupac, wasn't actually claiming he was a thug? He was on some uplifting the community stuff all the time? *scratches head

I remember his whole career and naw, nah... that's not how I remember it. He used to CONTRADICT himself with some "conscious rap" every now and then, but dude was going hard on (act)ual thugging, not that acronym stuff. I mean I like his music, but I'm not gonna sit here and have history rewritten in front of me to paint dude in a better light.
mean.gif
^this^

dude said f a whole city, cosigned other 'young black brothers being shot' on some petty ****...an yet he was uplifting the community.

2pac fans are the worst son.

Hold up...

Wait a minute...

Tuapc... "Drinking Hennessy riding on my enemies" Tupac, wasn't actually claiming he was a thug? He was on some uplifting the community stuff all the time? *scratches head

I remember his whole career and naw, nah... that's not how I remember it. He used to CONTRADICT himself with some "conscious rap" every now and then, but dude was going hard on (act)ual thugging, not that acronym stuff. I mean I like his music, but I'm not gonna sit here and have history rewritten in front of me to paint dude in a better light. :smh:

"Drinking Hennessy riding on my enemies" means he's claiming to be a thug? How and where do yall come up with this stuff lol? "Conscious rap" every now and then is comical. In almost every song, I'm able to pick up on the gems he was leaving. But then again, maybe what I was going through at the time helped me interpret it in a certain way. But in my opinion almost everything was true to heart, and he didn't sell out. Did he have things he was battling with in terms of desires, temptations, etc. Yes, but who doesn't? We're human and so was he. Where and when was this supposed "going hard on actual thugging"? Please shed light on that.

I'm done after this, because homie you're tripping. I grew up listening to Pac and as a West Coast transplant, been here for almost 13 years, the reality is Tupac was on his thug thizzle as they used to say. :lol:

Tupac Shakur aka 2pac said:
Picture perfect, I paint a perfect picture
Bomb the hoochies with precision my intention's to get richer (uplifting the community) :lol:
With the S-N double-O-P, Dogg my ****** homey
Youse a cold *** ***** on them hogs

So now they got us laced
Two multimillionare ************* catchin cases (mmm)
******* get ready for the throwdown, the ****'s about to go down
Uhh, me and Snoop about to clown
I'm "Losin My Religion", I'm vicious on these stool pigeons
You might be deep in this game, but you got the rules missin
****** be actin like they savage, they out to get the cabbage
I got, nuthin but love, for my ****** livin lavish

Now follow as we riiiiide
Mother**** the rest, two of the best from the West side
And I can make you famous
****** been dyin for years, so how could they blame us[/B]
I live in fear of a felony
I never stop bailin these, ************ G's
If ya got it better flaunt it, another warrant
2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted

C'mon son...

So Pac was acting when he shot 2 off duty police officers after they pointed a gun at him in Atlanta? This is when he was 22 years old. Ya'll acting like he grew up a rich kid in the suburbs. I'm not saying he never contradicted him self in his music but he died when he was 25 years old. He was still a kid when most of this stuff happened.

Don't fool yourself, there was no strategy to what Pac was doing. Martin was a good leader, as was Malcolm. When did you ever see Malcolm or Martin promoting materialism and crime? Pac was a confused kid who got caught up in the glamor and glitz and admiration for the street lifestyle. Pac was an art school kid who got around some real gangsters and began to emulate them until he became like them.
Your whole post is laughable. Pac never claimed to be a gangster? :lol: . Ok. :smh: I guess C Murder wasn't promoting a gangster lifestyle either, he was just trying to make the masses aware of the poverty that black people suffer in. PIMP C wasn't talking about actually pimping hos, his name was an acronym for Players In Memphis Practice Caution. He was trying to let black folks know that racism is still alive in Memphis and that they should be careful when visiting there.
What did Malcom X and MLK accomplished in their first 25 years of living? :tongue:

So Pac was acting when he shot 2 off duty police officers after they pointed a gun at him in Atlanta? This is when he was 22 years old. Ya'll acting like he grew up a rich kid in the suburbs. I'm not saying he never contradicted him self in his music but he died when he was 25 years old. He was still a kid when most of this stuff happened.

My guess is he was probably just trying not to die that night. That doesn't require an ounce of thug.

Regular people bust guns in self-defense all the time. Tupac was an armed actor. He never ran streets or did dirt. C'mon man...

Last edited:
And speaking of actors its only a matter of time before that boy blu davinci sees jeezy and slap the **** out of him.

Don't fool yourself, there was no strategy to what Pac was doing. Martin was a good leader, as was Malcolm. When did you ever see Malcolm or Martin promoting materialism and crime? Pac was a confused kid who got caught up in the glamor and glitz and admiration for the street lifestyle. Pac was an art school kid who got around some real gangsters and began to emulate them until he became like them.
Your whole post is laughable. Pac never claimed to be a gangster? :lol: . Ok. :smh: I guess C Murder wasn't promoting a gangster lifestyle either, he was just trying to make the masses aware of the poverty that black people suffer in. PIMP C wasn't talking about actually pimping hos, his name was an acronym for Players In Memphis Practice Caution. He was trying to let black folks know that racism is still alive in Memphis and that they should be careful when visiting there.
View media item 453551

What did Malcom X and MLK accomplished in their first 25 years of living? :tongue:

Not taking a place in this argument, but I think this question is important to answer.

Malcolm X walked out of jail in 1952 at the age of 27. At this point he had become very interested in Islam (unfortunately the Muslim Brotherhood), but he had just finished serving a sentence for armed burglary. Up until the point he went into jail, he had been a harlem criminal/gangster.

Point is...at age 25, Malcolm X was Malcolm Little, and saying there were no signs he'd end up an inspirational figure around the world would be a vast understatement.

My guess is he was probably just trying not to die that night. That doesn't require an ounce of thug.

Regular people bust guns in self-defense all the time. Tupac was an armed actor. He never ran streets or did dirt. C'mon man...

wikipedia story:

In October 1993, in Atlanta, two brothers and off-duty police officers, Mark and Scott Whitwell, were with their wives celebrating Mrs. Whitwell's recent passing of the state bar examination. The two officers were drunk and in possesion of stolen guns. As they crossed the street, a car with Shakur inside passed by them or "almost struck them." The Whitwells began an altercation with the driver, Shakur and the other passengers, which was joined by a second passing car. Shakur shot one officer in the buttocks, and the other in the leg, back, or abdomen, according to varying news reports. There were no other injuries. Mark Whitwell was charged with firing at Shakur's car and later lying to the police during the investigation; Shakur was charged with the shooting; the prosecutors decided to drop all charges against all parties.

tupac fam:

His mother, Afeni Shakur, and his father, Billy Garland, were active members of the Black Panther Party in New York in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The infant boy was born a month after his mother was acquitted of more than 150 charges of "Conspiracy against the United States government and New York landmarks" in the New York "Panther 21" court case.[16] Shakur lived from an early age with people who were convicted of serious criminal offences and who were imprisoned. His godfather, Elmer "Geronimo" Pratt, a high ranking Black Panther, was convicted of murdering a school teacher during a 1968 robbery, although his sentence was later overturned. His stepfather, Mutulu, spent four years at large on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list beginning in 1982. Mutulu was wanted for having helped his sister Assata Shakur (also known as Joanne Chesimard) to escape from a penitentiary in New Jersey. She had been imprisoned for killing a state trooper in 1973. Mutulu was caught in 1986 and imprisoned for the robbery of a Brinks armored truck in which two police officers and a guard were killed.[17] Shakur had a half-sister, Sekyiwa, two years his junior, and an older stepbrother, Mopreme "Komani" Shakur, who appeared in many of his recordings.

[h1]James "Jimmy Henchman" Rosemond Implicated Himself in 1994 Tupac Shakur Attack: Court Testimony[/h1]By Chuck Philips
Published Tue., Jun. 12 2012 at 4:31 PM

[table][tr][td]
JimmyRosemond-thumb-250x242.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rosemond[/td][/tr][/table]For nearly two decades, drug lord James Rosemond, a/k/a "Jimmy Henchman," denied accusations of his involvement in the near-fatal 1994 ambush of rap star Tupac Shakur at New York's Quad Recording Studios that marked a pivotal moment in American pop history.
The attack on Tupac triggered a bicoastal rampage that played out in songs and videos generating billions of dollars for global music corporations and left a trail of body bags from Manhattan to Beverly Hills, culminating in the murders of both Tupac and his nemesis, the Notorious B.I.G.

Before he was assassinated, Tupac recorded a song called "Against All Odds," in which he blamed Rosemond for orchestrating the assault at the Quad:

"Jimmy Henchman. . .
[You] set me up, wet me up... stuck me up.
But you never shut me up."

Now, new evidence implicates Rosemond in the crime -- facts recently divulged by an unlikely eyewitness, never previously interviewed by police: Rosemond himself.
http://
Rosemond secretly admitted to involvement in Tupac's ambush during one of nine "Queen For A Day" proffer sessions with the government last autumn, court transcripts show. (In such sessions, suspects under investigation choose to enter an agreement with the government to confess knowledge of certain crimes with the agreement that the information won't be used to prosecute them.) His confession unfolded as he was trying to carve out a cooperation deal that might lead to a reduced sentence, according to federal prosecutors.

During the opening arguments of Rosemond's trial, his lawyer denied that the defendant had anything to do with Tupac's ambush and berated a March 17, 2008 Los Angeles Times  article that blamed him for the assault, blasting the article as "utterly false."

But within moments, prosecutors complained to the judge about the veracity of the defense counsel's accusations.

"If [Rosemond's attorney] is going to argue that this was a fabricated article, it's the government's position that we can put in the defendant's own admission about that particular shooting," the prosecutor said. "In saying it is not true, when in fact it is true, the government should be able to rebut that argument that he's making, [and introduce] that the defendant actually admitted to this 1994 shooting."

The revelation surfaced May 14 during a sidebar in the same Brooklyn federal court where Rosemond was later convicted of operating a multimillion-dollar crack ring that moved thousands of kilos of drugs and dirty cash between Los Angeles and New York. Twelve jurors took only two days to issue a unanimous verdict, convicting him of all 13 counts with which he was charged.

Prosecutors proved that couriers working for Rosemond delivered massive volumes of drugs, cash and machine guns in music crates to recording studios and record labels owned by or affiliated with Vivendi's Universal Music Group, the largest music corporation in the world.

Rosemond apparently came clean about his involvement in Tupac's ambush shortly after his former best friend, Dexter Isaac, stepped forward last summer to publicly confess that he had led the attack on Shakur in 1994. Isaac released a statement on June 16, 2011 to allhiphop.com, saying it was Rosemond who had paid him to rob and pistol-whip Tupac:
"In 1994, James Rosemond hired me to rob 2Pac at the Quad Studio. He gave me $2,500, plus all the jewelry I took, except for one ring, which he wanted for himself. It was the biggest of the two diamond rings that we took. He said he wanted to put the stone in a new setting for his girlfriend at the time, Cynthia Reed. I still have as proof the chain that we took that night in the robbery."
Rosemond, who already faces life in jail for his drug conviction, will never be charged for his role in the 1994 ambush on Shakur, which was classified by NYPD as a robbery. Nobody will. In New York, the statute of limitations on robbery is seven years, which means the time to prosecute anyone for the Quad case expired 11 years ago. No one will ever go to jail for attacking Tupac: Not Jimmy. Not Dexter, nor any of his other henchmen.

Nevertheless, rap's longest running crime mystery has finally been solved -- and pretty much the way my March 2008 LA Times  article reported it.

My piece, titled "An Attack on Tupac Shakur Launched a Hip-Hop War," was based on exclusive interviews with the men who robbed and beat Shakur, who had never before spoken to a reporter, and with other New York gangsters familiar with the attack -- all of whom verified Tupac's account of who had set him up. The report was accompanied by FBI-302s -- investigative reports I had obtained from a case file in a Florida court months after finishing my reporting, official documentation that supported some of what my interviewed sources had told me earlier.

Eight days after my story was published, the FBI-302s were identified as fakes by thesmokinggun.com. Immediately after the 302s were exposed as fakes, Rosemond accused me of fabricating the documents to defame him. I did nothing of the sort -- and he knew it.

Nevertheless, I accepted responsibility for being duped by the fake 302s and apologized for my error in a front-page follow-up the morning after thesmokinggun.com piece broke. The only thing I apologized for was including the fake documents. I never said what I wrote was wrong. It was true. The sources on which I based by story were accurate. Of this I was certain back then.

I still am. (See my previous story  for the Voice  about Tupac, Rosemond, and the LA Times.)

Last month in court, Rosemond's attorney told the jury that my story was "proven untrue" and that the LA Times  had "retracted the piece in a very prominent way." He boasted that the newspaper had been forced to pay "Rosemond $250,000 for damaging his reputation." The attorney also went on to say that the LA Times  "fired Chuck Philips for writing a story with reckless regard of the truth."

The Times  purged my article from its online archive on April 7, 2008 -- immediately after issuing a caustic retraction attacking it, me, and my reporting. In an ironic twist, the controversial piece was resurrected last month as evidence in U.S.A. v. James Rosemond: Exhibit No. 1 in Motion 100 of Case No. 1:11-CR-00424JG. (Anyone curious can read it in the federal court file).

UPDATE Below: Portions of the sidebar testimony  taken from official transcripts of the Rosemond trial which show the U.S. prosecutor referring to Rosemond admitting to the 1994 attacks in a previous "proffer"...
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
 [/td][/tr][/table]
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/06/jimmy_henchman_implicated.php

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/james-rosemond-tupac-shakur-shooting-978345

Last edited:
I want you to open the can JChambers. I miss the yuku NT where some of the arguments were actually interesting and not troll based.

We moved out of the hood (yuku) and forgot our roots.

Last edited:
I want you to open the can JChambers. I miss the yuku NT where some of the arguments were actually interesting and not troll based.

We moved out of the hood (yuku) and forgot our roots.
Marcus Garvey is that you?
the real Pac

hear is a interview with one of the Hughes brother, and says Pac changed once the movie Juice dropped in 1992.

Also Marlon Wayans says Tupac wasn't a Gangster 

http://hiphopwired.com/2013/06/12/marlon-wayans-says-tupac-shakur-was-a-palmolive-thug/

Last edited:
2pac fans really thought this dude was mlk? i respect dudes music but you guys are smoking on something strong man!

But it's what plants crave... :lol: :smh:

I went to the park today and got annoyed with people I don't personally know because it is slowly getting there.

Back
Top Bottom