Haitian Jack (Strange but possibly true tales in hip hop)

Mostly executives and label owners. If you look at certain labels that were once big in hip hop/rap (mostly indies), a lot of them haven't released any in ages.

Tommy Boy is probably the biggest example. They even had a clothing line at one point that was aimed at the hip hop audience.

And Mase :lol:

I still remember hearing Mase had to leave the game. Like ****** in Harlem were on him to the point that he was fearing for his life.

He played it off nicely with going down south to be a pastor. But that's kinda dirty depending on how you view religion I suppose. :lol:

Yea I totally forgot that mase thing he was messing w some grimy dudes that wanted to kill him so he left I gotta find that article I read about it years afo

Mind Blown...Someones gotta make a movie haha
fa real but whats the problem between him and dipset though???? why was him and cam beefein i never knew. was it over that horse and carriage song???? something about mase not doing the video or something else???

the thug lifestyle?

Son, don't open that can of worms :smh:

A gangster? A criminal? Tupac was an art school theater guy. He didn't come up hustlin or bangin in the streets. I bet Tupac was never arrested until he became a rap star.

Yea but he had a different definition of what he meant by "thug". THUG LIFE was an acronym that stood for: The Hate U Give Little Infants F's Everybody...he did live that because he came up dirt poor. He experienced the country's direct attack (hate) on his family (a lot of black panthers) from an early age. He then realized that it wasn't anything unique to him. The hate, poverty, struggle were all things he understood that the majority of black people, but especially young black males went through. He said that the different places he went, they spoke different, had different customs or cultures, but the constant variable that he was seeing among the different black people was poverty.

There's no cans of worms to be open. Many don't understand the method or strategy in what he was doing...

He never claimed to be a gangster. He's stated vehemently on numerous occasions that he's not a criminal. Even that last sentence you wrote, Tupac himself complained about it openly. He said "I didn't have a record until I had a record (music)."

The man stayed true period. Everything yall have brought up, he's brought it up himself and addressed it/explained himself. Crazy how in 2013, we as a whole still don't understand exactly what he was trying to accomplish.

Last edited:
the thug lifestyle?
Son, don't open that can of worms
mean.gif
A gangster? A criminal? Tupac was an art school theater guy. He didn't come up hustlin or bangin in the streets. I bet Tupac was never arrested until he became a rap star.

Yea but he had a different definition of what he meant by "thug". THUG LIFE was an acronym that stood for: The Hate U Give Little Infants F's Everybody...he did live that because he came up dirt poor. He experienced the country's direct attack (hate) on his family (a lot of black panthers) from an early age. He then realized that it wasn't anything unique to him. The hate, poverty, struggle were all things he understood that the majority of black people, but especially young black males went through. He said that the different places he went, they spoke different, had different customs or cultures, but the constant variable that he was seeing among the different black people was poverty.

There's no cans of worms to be open. Many don't understand the method or strategy in what he was doing...

He never claimed to be a gangster. He's stated vehemently on numerous occasions that he's not a criminal. Even that last sentence you wrote, Tupac himself complained about it openly. He said "I didn't have a record until I had a record (music)."

The man stayed true period. Everything yall have brought up, he's brought it up himself and addressed it/explained himself. Crazy how in 2013, we as a whole still don't understand exactly what he was trying to accomplish.
oh...so that's how pac fans accept it?

Dude caught a record because he was hanging around with the wrong people, not because he was being targeted. Plus I think it is a matter of record that dude celebrates/d 'thug' culture.

the thug lifestyle?

Son, don't open that can of worms :smh:

Dude caught a record because he was hanging around with the wrong people, not because he was being targeted. Plus I think it is a matter of record that dude celebrates/d 'thug' culture.
Pac states what thug life is and it wasnt reffering to gang culture o]r anything in that regard

not sure if the video works or not but heres the link too where he explains thug life

Last edited:

Don't fool yourself, there was no strategy to what Pac was doing. Martin was a good leader, as was Malcolm. When did you ever see Malcolm or Martin promoting materialism and crime? Pac was a confused kid who got caught up in the glamor and glitz and admiration for the street lifestyle. Pac was an art school kid who got around some real gangsters and began to emulate them until he became like them.
Your whole post is laughable. Pac never claimed to be a gangster? :lol: . Ok. :smh: I guess C Murder wasn't promoting a gangster lifestyle either, he was just trying to make the masses aware of the poverty that black people suffer in. PIMP C wasn't talking about actually pimping hos, his name was an acronym for Players In Memphis Practice Caution. He was trying to let black folks know that racism is still alive in Memphis and that they should be careful when visiting there.

That's how Pac fans accept what? I don't need to accept or not accept anything. Either stance doesn't do much for me personally so don't know what that means really. His first record was a resisting arrest crime where the police beat him up for jay walking and then charged him with resisting arrest and some other ish. I don't know how that translates into being around the wrong people. Pac was targeted early on. His mother was targeted before he was born. He comes from a line of black panthers, and you're sitting here saying he wasn't a target. You've clearly misunderstood everything that was going on with Pac from birth to death. Now of course I'm not claiming to know "everything" in a literal sense, so kill that argument before it even starts in an attempt to avoid irrelevant discourse.

What does C Murder or Pimp C have to do with Pac? I didn't say they weren't about what you said they're about so I don't see the relevance there. There was a complete strategy as for what Pac was aiming to do, so don't fool yourself. I actually believe Pac was a better leader than MLK. But I don't think you're the person to get into that with.

And @ nawghtyhare, thank you. He's not referring to the "thug" yall are talking about. He was against that in all ways.

Don't fool yourself, there was no strategy to what Pac was doing. Martin was a good leader, as was Malcolm. When did you ever see Malcolm or Martin promoting materialism and crime? Pac was a confused kid who got caught up in the glamor and glitz and admiration for the street lifestyle. Pac was an art school kid who got around some real gangsters and began to emulate them until he became like them.
Your whole post is laughable. Pac never claimed to be a gangster?
laugh.gif
. Ok.
mean.gif
I guess C Murder wasn't promoting a gangster lifestyle either, he was just trying to make the masses aware of the poverty that black people suffer in. PIMP C wasn't talking about actually pimping hos, his name was an acronym for Players In Memphis Practice Caution. He was trying to let black folks know that racism is still alive in Memphis and that they should be careful when visiting there.

That's how Pac fans accept what? I don't need to accept or not accept anything. Either stance doesn't do much for me personally so don't know what that means really. His first record was a resisting arrest crime where the police beat him up for jay walking and then charged him with resisting arrest and some other ish. I don't know how that translates into being around the wrong people. Pac was targeted early on. His mother was targeted before he was born. He comes from a line of black panthers, and you're sitting here saying he wasn't a target. You've clearly misunderstood everything that was going on with Pac from birth to death. Now of course I'm not claiming to know "everything" in a literal sense, so kill that argument before it even starts in an attempt to avoid irrelevant discourse.

What does C Murder or Pimp C have to do with Pac? I didn't say they weren't about what you said they're about so I don't see the relevance there. There was a complete strategy as for what Pac was aiming to do, so don't fool yourself. I actually believe Pac was a better leader than MLK. But I don't think you're the person to get into that with.

And @ nawghtyhare, thank you. He's not referring to the "thug" yall are talking about. He was against that in all ways.
now i know that you are delusional!

But I looked up, and all I saw was blue lights/If I die tonight, I'm dyin’ in a gunfight/I grabbed the AK, my homie took the 12 gauge/Load ‘em up quick, it's time for us to spray/We'll shoot ‘em up with they own f---- weapons/And when we through sprayin’, then we steppin’/This is a lesson to the rednecks and crooked cops/You f--- with real n----, get ya f---- a-- dropped

But I looked up, and all I saw was blue lights/If I die tonight, I'm dyin’ in a gunfight/I grabbed the AK, my homie took the 12 gauge/Load ‘em up quick, it's time for us to spray/We'll shoot ‘em up with they own f---- weapons/And when we through sprayin’, then we steppin’/This is a lesson to the rednecks and crooked cops/You f--- with real n----, get ya f---- a-- dropped

With the lyrics you just quoted? What's the difference between Malcolm X saying, "Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."? He's telling n----- to swing back. Shoot the people that have been causing all this pain and grief for centuries upon centuries. Take the gun you'll point at your fellow brother in a second for stepping on your shoes and redirect that aim to the ppl who are causing the tension, aggression, etc. in the first place. You just don't understand. It didn't take me long to pick up on what he was doing, for it's actually quite clear.

The lyrics you quoted is from the song "Violent" and it describes dif scenarios of violence in a hypothetical situation between young black males and the police. Look at the lyrics you just posted. "This is a lesson to the rednecks and crooked cops". He's trying to teach something here. And with that last video you posted, what was supposed to be taken from that? I think I'm missing something.

Hold up...

Wait a minute...

Tuapc... "Drinking Hennessy riding on my enemies" Tupac, wasn't actually claiming he was a thug? He was on some uplifting the community stuff all the time? *scratches head

I remember his whole career and naw, nah... that's not how I remember it. He used to CONTRADICT himself with some "conscious rap" every now and then, but dude was going hard on (act)ual thugging, not that acronym stuff. I mean I like his music, but I'm not gonna sit here and have history rewritten in front of me to paint dude in a better light. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom