Halloween: starring Jamie Lee Curtis - Executive produced by John Carpenter Oct. 2018

this reminds me of the creed movies... first one was dope but the second one was meh and not even close to as good as the first movie

Man these have been my favorite movies since I was a kid. Just not sure how I feel about this one. Definitely like the 2018 one better. The violence and scenes with Michael in this one were dope but the dialogue was so damn bad. The hospital scene is what really hurts the movie for me.

The flashbacks were honestly my favorite parts of the movie.

More Michael on screen. I feel like in all the other movies we only get glimpses of Michael lurking and striking. It was awesome to see him on the screen so much. The kills were kinda eh

Characters from the first one were cool to see.

The score was great

Dislikes:

I hate to say it but other than Michael (who had the best lines with no lines) and Karen, everyone else in the movie was rather over the top and annoying. I felt like 80% of the dialogue in the movie was so Shakespearean with the delivery and borderline corny with the word choice. “I told you I’m the law!” “Evil dies tonight” etc etc. Just very over the top

Tommys character was cool in his first scene but then became extremely annoying as the film went on.

As stated earlier the hospital scene was so pointless.

Laurie talking about Michael to Hawkins as if she’s reading a fairytale. I know she was telling Hawkins her “facts” about Michael but it came off like she’s talking to a child reading him a bed time story.
Karen’s daughter is a terrible actress

With a name like “Halloween Kills”, what would y’all expect? Have not even seen it yet but not expecting much.
OG 1 is the only film that matters. OG part 2 was a taste of the first but lacks so much. Part 3 was a good change and really is under appreciated. Part 4 was a rehash of the original with more blood and budget. 5 was a joke and 6 is a total mess. H20 came out of know where and really messed things up in the storyline, worst looking mask and bad acting. Resurrection… yikes!
Rob Zombies Halloween and Halloween 2 are to me not worth watching as it comes off as a example of what remakes can do to something already great. Just Rob Zombie Hillbilly spook house ****. Bad taste.
Halloween 2018 was ok since Jamie was a familiar face and it stretched the the Original 2 movies storyline.
If I was to compare it to something it would be like Starwars episode 7-9 as they are not needed but give people more of the same, redundant.

Halloween 3 is such a gem and underrated classic. Season of the witch is so goated. That melody is still in my head too lol

Saw this at 12 PM today.

Now I know why I was the only person in theaters. :smh: :rofl:

This movie is just... :ohwell:

there was probably less than 10 people including me... I did see this 12pm on Saturday matinee...I wish I saw the James bond movie instead lol

Halloween 3 is such a gem and underrated classic. Season of the witch is so goated. That melody is still in my head too lol
Goated?!!?! Did we watch the same movie?!?! I watched it first time over the weekend and couldn't get over how bizarre it was. Movie was more like a scifi 80's joint. That song did get stuck in my head but it was so annoying lol.

Leaving the theater now and didn't have a problem with the movie. Some good kill scenes.

Wasn't expecting some A24 type horror but a decent slasher.

Seen it twice since last weekend. It was alright, but still slightly disappointing. The "supernatural" aspect never bothered me. In '78, dude took multiple stabs, 6 shots, a swan dive off a two-story balcony, and walked it off with a slow bop at the end of the movie. What did bother me was the overload of exposition and dialogue. Too many taglines and call-backs in one movie for me to not be taken out of the story. Knowing that they're filming another one, I expected some foolishness at the conclusion. They fumbled the "cliffhanger" quite a bit in the writing department. I enjoyed the flashbacks, though. Tone and cinematography was on-point. I liked the new/old score as well. I hope they can "finish" strong with "Ends" now.

9912F5E1-71C4-4820-8FE6-51B0334C3653.png

Horror works best with the fewest explanation possible and something yet to be seen. How this continues to be made is surprising from a writers standpoint. What the **** did I just watch??

I had no idea there was 12 different movies in this franchise across 6 different timelines.

Anyway i enjoyed it in a so bad it's good kinda way. Actively started rooting for Michael by the time he kicked that car door and made the sexy nurse shoot herself

Wtf did they do. The remake/ sequel was really well done. This film was utter trash.
* JML was wasted
* hospital scene was garbage.
* Made MM immortal
* Survived that big of a beating?

Back
Top Bottom