Halloween: starring Jamie Lee Curtis - Executive produced by John Carpenter Oct. 2018

I watched this at home, and 30 minutes in, I wanted to drive to the theater just to walk out of it. This movie was so bad and the last time I felt like that about a movie was when I saw The Happening with Mark Walhberg. So much of this had unintentional comedy and made it not even feel like a real horror movie. Should’ve ended this franchise either with the 2018 one, or either of the Rob Zombie directed ones.

this movie was ****ing terrible. Seriously????!! You’re really gonna bring a knife into a gun fight??? Or should I say baseball bats, hockey sticks, 2x4s, etc….. I thought they steered clear from that stupid horror stigma last movie, but I guess they decided to bring it back to drag this series. I’m so heated :lol:

you also had a woman bring a clothes iron :lol:

tbh, it started so sick right. Laurie screaming to the fire trucks let it burn. Then Michael coming out to a crew of firemen ready to throw down :pimp: I was like oh hell yea this is gonna be a ****ing showdown. But it was expected that Michael was gonna wash these dudes. So the ****ing bar is set for the rest of the movie, if Michael can wash an army of firemen then you’re gonna have to bring in the army at this point. And the moment I saw old buzz cut, great value jocko grab a bat from the bar counter, I instantly looked at my girl like “wtf?” At that point I just knew man I’m ****ed, I’m takin a $50 L tonight

This is my favorite
61PWtYDhg+L.jpg

Just finished it. So underwhelming.
so michael is basically jackie chan now?! Dude took out like 50 ppl with one hitter quitters
Tanks multiple gunshots and then John wicks a bunch of redbecks. So dumb

they need to establish if he is supernatural or not. Like blood loss isn’t a thing to MM

^ i didnt know it was garbage until after the fact lol... all good though ive seen worse movies like rhythm section with blake lively smh... i like seeing movies in person anyways as long as its not all the time...

Man these have been my favorite movies since I was a kid. Just not sure how I feel about this one. Definitely like the 2018 one better. The violence and scenes with Michael in this one were dope but the dialogue was so damn bad. The hospital scene is what really hurts the movie for me.

The flashbacks were honestly my favorite parts of the movie.

More Michael on screen. I feel like in all the other movies we only get glimpses of Michael lurking and striking. It was awesome to see him on the screen so much. The kills were kinda eh

Characters from the first one were cool to see.

The score was great

Dislikes:

I hate to say it but other than Michael (who had the best lines with no lines) and Karen, everyone else in the movie was rather over the top and annoying. I felt like 80% of the dialogue in the movie was so Shakespearean with the delivery and borderline corny with the word choice. “I told you I’m the law!” “Evil dies tonight” etc etc. Just very over the top

Tommys character was cool in his first scene but then became extremely annoying as the film went on.

As stated earlier the hospital scene was so pointless.

Laurie talking about Michael to Hawkins as if she’s reading a fairytale. I know she was telling Hawkins her “facts” about Michael but it came off like she’s talking to a child reading him a bed time story.

Last edited:
^ i didnt get that part at all... and the ending was bad too... i just feel like with this movie there was no spontaneity.... ya people died but it wasnt like wow i cant believe this just happen

Back
Top Bottom