Hanley Ramirez is the best shortstop in the game

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You're wrong 99.9% of the time, but this is that .1% that you are right.....

He'll be on the Mets before 2011
Who moves to 2nd then? Reyes or Ramirez?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

LOL @`Hanley %*!$+++$ on Reyes, they are not the same kind of player dude. Hanley is a power hitter, Reyes hits line drives to all fields and is someone who tries to get on base anyway he can....its a whole different kind of threat. Reyes is also an extremely solid defensive SS dude, and Hanley cannot touch him in that department.

Rollins was the best SS last season, but he's in his prime years and Reyes is years from that.

hanely is NOT a power hitter. he's gonna hit 30-35 homers just because he's an outstanding hitter. the dude does it all. hanley hits line drivesjust like reyes. he steals bases just like reyes. the decisive edge is his superior hitting skills. bottom line is, hanley does everything reyes doesoffensively but better. his defense is slightly suspect, but it's sufficient and solid. you wanna talk about reyes not being close to his "primeyears", imagine the damage han ram is gonna be doing at rollins age.
eek.gif

the only grudge i have against hanley is that he STOLE rookie of the year honors from zimmerman. hanley's rookie yr wasn't anything special, zimmermanhad an amazing 20 homer, 100 rbi yr.

Only people who seriously believe (with all things being equal, overall talent on the team/PAYROLL etc), that Jose Reyes is better than Hanley Ramirezare Mets fans. Really that simple.

Reyes is more sound defensivly, but Hanley is also not even NEARLY as protected. His so called defensive struggles are really overstated. Moving to theoutfield? Na. Don't see that.

Hanley will never see the outfield. Atleast not with the Marlins, he won't. theTruth put it perfectly, if he was a flat out liability he would not beplaying there. He's had high error totals, but let's not foget that vast amount of inexperience on the Marlins, and that sub 30 million dollar payroll.Once again, not nearly as protected. And it's not like Reyes is some sort of gold glover anyway. He's no Omar Vizquel or anything like that..
ohwell.gif

Buiding their team from sctach, IMO 100% of GM's take Hanley when it comes down to it ..Numbers do not lie.

I mean seriously..

A a season like

35 hrs(.340 Avg)..
120 Rbi's
40dbls
10 tripls
50 Sb

is NOT far fetched for Hanley in his prime...And That's some Barry Bonds in his prime/pre-roids type numbers. You can't say the samefor Jose Reyes...

hanely is NOT a power hitter. he's gonna hit 30-35 homers just because he's an outstanding hitter. the dude does it all. hanley hits line drives just like reyes. he steals bases just like reyes. the decisive edge is his superior hitting skills. bottom line is, hanley does everything reyes does offensively but better. his defense is slightly suspect, but it's sufficient and solid. you wanna talk about reyes not being close to his "prime years", imagine the damage han ram is gonna be doing at rollins age.
eek.gif

hanley isn't a power hitter?
grin.gif
Ichiro is an outstandinghitter as well, that doesnt translate to 30-35 bombs..

Its a toss up to me.. Reyes is faster, better defensively, and has great charisma at the SS position..

Hanley just a stud man.. he hits for power, average, steals bases.. he needs to work on hitting opposite field a little more but..

I think most ppl say hanley is better because of his upside.. As of today, i think i'd take Reyes over Hanley.. I like Reyes A LOT in the field

I promise you that Yunel Escobar will be better than the both..
glasses.gif

Reyes is already a .300 hitter who steals 70+......you can't compare the two. Whenever Reyes is on base its an absolute nightmare, both present their ownkind of threat. And its not only Mets fans, I see a Blue Jays fan stating the same thing.....it depends what your team needs.

Its a toss up to me.. Reyes is faster, better defensively, and has great charisma at the SS position..

Hanley just a stud man.. he hits for power, average, steals bases.. he needs to work on hitting opposite field a little more but..

I think most ppl say hanley is better because of his upside.. As of today, i think i'd take Reyes over Hanley.. I like Reyes A LOT in the field

Pretty much my point.

The NL East has the best shortstops, thats all that matters to me.

And it's not like Reyes is some sort of gold glover anyway.

What?
laugh.gif
eek.gif
He's going to win several gold gloves when its all said and done.

fielding bible named hanley ramirez the worst defensive shortstop in baseball last year, and if anyone in here HONESTLY doesnt think he will be moved to theoutfield in the next few years, you should start learning about the game before you try to front as an actual fan.

best hitter in the n.l. hits another homer tonight.

you know what? the marlins offense as a whole is no joke. my nationals are destined for the cellar if things keep going this woeful way. i really don't seethe marlins offense slowing down. i wonder how long they'll have to keep it up before people recognize that maybe, just maybe, the marlins are for real.

The Marlins are NOT for real because they have one of the worst ranked ERA in the National League, it will catch up to them eventually.

real talk hanley deserves all the credit he recieves..dude just flat out hits, and will continue to develop on the other side of the ball no matter whatposition he is at. top 5 position player in the NL period

Back
Top Bottom