Happy 10th, NikeTalk.

Happy 10th NT and many more!
smile.gif

Wow 10 yrs I cant believe it! A buddy of mine told me it was the 10th year. I had to log in to show my respect to the OG!! Been on since 99 even though I dontpost anymore NK always have a place in my heart. To another 10

PS this board use to crack me up! remember henzo? oops lata guys once again keep up the great work!

Lurking since '01, member since '03 and never looked back!

Thank you NT for all the info, lulz and a great sense of community...here's to another 10 years (and beyond!)

BLESSSS

Happy 10th! Been here for 8 years and it has grown so much. I dont post a lot but i consider myself an OG of NT and it feels good to be a part of it after allthese years. NT 4 Life!

It's been a long time since I've posted on here.

Just wanted to wish Niketalk a Happy 10th . Here's to many more years....

I wanted to say my piece.. you only get a 10-year anniversary once.
tongue.gif

I didn't officially join the NikeTalk community until 2005, I believe but have been browsing the forum since 2002.. when I was just a sophomore in High School. Like most of our members, I was a frequent visitor of the Jordan Brand forum. Actually, I think that was the only section I browsed
laugh.gif
A shame what has happened to that forum. A lot of good people came through with some very reliable and helpful information. I was always hesitant to post since I figured I had nothing to contribute to the forum. Then I gained the courage to post my story of how I managed to get my Jordan VII Retro (Olympics) at a Modell's MONTHS after they released. Only to find out you had to register
laugh.gif

NikeTalk has changed tremendously over the past decade (or at least the 6 years I've been on it). Honestly, I think it happened when there was a flood of users/banned users who came back with clever aliases (Doe Pesci, Scottie Piffen, Brad Piff, etc.) but I digress. Things have certainly changed but its foolish to things would remain the same in an fast-growing community like NikeTalk. We have fair share of trolls and such but overall, with the help of mods & admins, the board remains a staple of the sneaker culture.

There are still a handful of members who contribute positively to the forum and remind me exactly what the appeal of NikeTalk originally was. I've had many instances where fellow NT'ers have helped me out when I couldn't pick up a pair. And in return, I've done the same for others, because in the end, that's what its about; helping out fellow community members with whom you share a passion.

Anyway, in short, onto another 10 years! and RIP to the members we've lost
tired.gif

Originally Posted by viiheaven

I wanted to say my piece.. you only get a 10-year anniversary once.
tongue.gif

I didn't officially join the NikeTalk community until 2005, I believe but have been browsing the forum since 2002.. when I was just a sophomore in High School. Like most of our members, I was a frequent visitor of the Jordan Brand forum. Actually, I think that was the only section I browsed
laugh.gif
A shame what has happened to that forum. A lot of good people came through with some very reliable and helpful information. I was always hesitant to post since I figured I had nothing to contribute to the forum. Then I gained the courage to post my story of how I managed to get my Jordan VII Retro (Olympics) at a Modell's MONTHS after they released. Only to find out you had to register
laugh.gif

NikeTalk has changed tremendously over the past decade (or at least the 6 years I've been on it). Honestly, I think it happened when there was a flood of users/banned users who came back with clever aliases (Doe Pesci, Scottie Piffen, Brad Piff, etc.) but I digress. Things have certainly changed but its foolish to things would remain the same in an fast-growing community like NikeTalk. We have fair share of trolls and such but overall, with the help of mods & admins, the board remains a staple of the sneaker culture.

There are still a handful of members who contribute positively to the forum and remind me exactly what the appeal of NikeTalk originally was. I've had many instances where fellow NT'ers have helped me out when I couldn't pick up a pair. And in return, I've done the same for others, because in the end, that's what its about; helping out fellow community members with whom you share a passion.

Anyway, in short, onto another 10 years! and RIP to the members we've lost
tired.gif
Very nice.
ee7167138054e943b70624ce7774d9a7fab96892.gif
pimp.gif

An amazing decade. Hell I finished up High School, went through college, got married, first 'real job', bought my first house and first dog all while on NT. It has been a part of my life, and not only added to my shoe collection but in terms of advice, enlightenment, and knowledge.

This has been a great place and some real positive things have come out of it. What else can you ask for?

Back
Top Bottom