Happy 10th, NikeTalk.

Totally missed the 10 year of NT, as well as the 10 year of my own sn. I grew up with NT man. It helped me find who I was in life. NT
pimp.gif

Glad im part of the NT Community.

This keeps me away from bad things in life, without it i dunno where I'd be!

Thanks NT!!!!!
wink.gif

Happy bday NT!
pimp.gif
I'm glad to be apart of such a great and unique community for 7 years..even long after I stopped collecting.

meths post.  notbad.jpeg

there was once a time, long before the internet, when everything was so pure, so offhand.  nothing meant anything.  i wore OSH KOSH and the four new england pro teams shirts and wore nike og basketball shoes, but not because it was what was hot, but rather because that's what my parents dressed me in, and that made it right, sacred. most children around me wore adidas looking back on it (adidas is defintely a boston thing), yet i was interested in other trainers, like converse grandmamas' or nikes.  ive always gone to the beat of my own drum. ive always been an individualist.  

now here i am some odd years later and as is my proclivity my mind makes many an association, and nothing is without meaning (for better or worse). the better invoking all that is holy, the worser causing mild cases of paranoia (paranoia as in thinking someone stole something, my mind going through various scenarious, finding said item later.  i am (as my girl has called me) 'complex for a man', and id have it no other way. i question almost everything.  growing up my mother would ask me, "whadda ya writin a book?" as i asked so many questions and my father would always reply with answers so obvious and powerful it seemed odd he could never spawn a new breed of race by simply speaking it so.  

these children nowadays will be provoked to make their own connections at a much earlier age it seems.  and that is fine.  they will make connections both pleasant and unpleasant and somewhere in between.  yet despite all of these modern technological complexities, humanity is still very basic.  we eat, we crap, we laugh, we cry, we plead, we forgo, we sleep, we excercise, we read, we create, we destroy, we love, we hate, we pray, we curse.  we have within us the highest state of consciousness as bestowed upon us through the seed of infinite power given to us since birth, which supplicants water from others.  to then, take the amalgimation of all of ur life's experiences onto an entity so anynymous as the internet is to be given free reign of ur birth all over again, in a way. to be lord of ur own destiny.  remember that phrase ur elders always used to say, "think before u speak"?  nowhere is that easier to practice as on the internet, where u must first feel, then consider, then write, THEN  click send before anyone ever hears ur thoughts. u could of course consciously change ur persona and 'troll' but even that is revealing of ur character.

after years of mildly browsing and posting on niketalk, ive come to be reaffirmed in my ancient belief (for ive felt and acted out on this sentiment from a VERY early age, i know) that no single human being on the face of this earth is without their own redeeming qualities.  even the sadistic killer (whose knowledge of how to manipulate and murder) has some inner gem buried deep, waiting for the right time and circumstance to be awoken, or rather arisen.  and, as it turns out, i just so

happen to be a master at finding out eaxactly what qualitiy it is in each individual, which if everyone learned from, the world would be a much more positive and productive place.  ive also come to the idea that no one ever really changes.  this is a positive thing, actually.  i mean, sure, we evolve as people and personas but our inherent strengths and weaknesses are 'written in the stars' or rather in our genetic code as it were. to oppose ur nature, in my opinion, is to go against the

grain, and does harm to oneself. do i believe u must never change, no, but u cannot consciously go about changing ur inherent nature. ur character can change and evolve but ur NATURE is a gift and it must be embraced, with all its positive and negative aspects.

ive also come to see how nt (true nt) looks out for its own (for the most part).  its tribalism and as such despite all of humanity's technoligcal complexities we cannot veer too far from our inherent nature of want of placement and social norms.  but, i must say direct human contact is best. so, we laugh and we hate on this site, but the best of each is when it's done in person.  so, log off, get some excerise and make small talk with that little old lady at the bus stop (even tho u own a lambo). who knows u may just find something in her which affirms ur own beliefs or even makes u question them.  then, and only then, come back, log on, and tell us all what uve learned from it (while we all get a good laugh at the same time).

happy (belated) 13th nt. keep it up mods, keep it up everybody.

ps- favorite memory of nt?  i dont know if i really have any. just a bunch of amusing and informative moments.  one of my crowning achievements was the jordan xx3 thread tho, if i had to choose. im talkin like 2008, or whenver it was.  the thread where the shoe was unveiled in that black and white photo.  just from that one little distorted picture, i could tell the shoe was absolute beast-modes.  yea, that's probably my favorite moment. i remember posting a bunch of those shocked faces and writing about how the shoe made me FEEL.  i remebr ppl were sayin it was a 13 knock off but i knew better. i knew it had more soul and was nothing like those monstrosities. i rember reading every article i could find on the shoe, trying to gain any information i could on it, pre-photo-release. by doing this, i found out it was going to be based on nikes new "considered" philosophy. that it would be more environmentally friendly, something that im all about that. but i was skeptical about how the xx3 would look. i was apprehensive because i remember the only place u could see nike 'considered' shoes was at NikeTown Boston which i frequented (and other niketowns too, im sure). i never took to the thick stitches on those shoes.  they most certainly weren't my cup of tea. so, needless to say, once i saw the rock-formation looking chasis and the native american (im mayan) looking stitching, i freaked. i lost it. i was so happy because a jordan shoe was actually dropping where i was excited.  i had never been  excited for no damn air jordan droppin before lmao. i was way too young when the greatest jordan (the 3) dropped  and no air jordan after the 7 moved me, so it was quite a feeling to get to actually feel how others felt when it comes to an anticipatory entry in the jordan lineage. i bought almost every color combo and even colored-in my own versions on paper, something id never done before as i was never into jordans during my adolescent years (my only experience being the og 5's).

michael geofrrey "air" jordan 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 23 only for me, please, and thank you...

2 EDITS: line spacing (originally typed on notepad) and clarifying the 'paranoia'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom