Happy 11th, NikeTalk.

And I became a member 8 years ago today
pimp.gif

Happy birthday, to my favorite place on the net. Its more than a site, its a brotherhood.

Another year has come and gone, and it only seems to get better.

To be part of something that's been this relevant for this long without compromising a bit of advancement; gives us hope for a better, more efficient future congregation. When I discovered NikeTalk in 2001, it was because I was in search of something instrumental for the passion that I had for sneakers. Being only 15 years old when I discovered NT via the Kicks magazine in the summer of 2001, it was in no way shape or form a daily part of my life. Back then we didn't have the Internet. We didn't even have a computer. So the library was where I went and that became my asylum for discovery.

It was magazines that had become my source of information and updates on the sneaker world. Waiting for the latest Eastbay magazine to be dropped off by the mailman in the blistering cold. But back then, it was unjustified. My mother used to call me crazy for being so hooked on that pair of Penny II in '96. There was a certain mystique of being a sneaker connoisseur back than. It was like how Hip-Hop was being done in the 80's. It was only recognized in action. When NikeTalk finally lanuched after NikePark's demise, it became a break-through in the sneaker world and online congregation. NT was the first online place I knew where you can express yourself and be accepted for who you are, no matter where you came from.

Now look at us. 11 years later, I can access NT from almost anywhere in the world with my mobile device. 80,000+ members, donating thousands of dollars, holding a foundation of a credible marketplace and still being the first place checked for the latest information on sneakers.  That's the definition of advancement.

I would like to thank Method Man, Nelson C and the rest of the staff for allowing me to serve this community. I could never even have considered this opportunity without Method Man's stamp of approval. I'm indebted to you. My greatest reward of being a buy/sell guide is being able to serve this community.

I would like to quote the late great Robert Orben, he said:

"The best birthdays of all are those that haven't arrived yet"

So heres to another 11 years of innovation, tradition, and advancement. Happy birthday NT. Live on. Live strong..

Another year has come and gone, and it only seems to get better.

To be part of something that's been this relevant for this long without compromising a bit of advancement; gives us hope for a better, more efficient future congregation. When I discovered NikeTalk in 2001, it was because I was in search of something instrumental for the passion that I had for sneakers. Being only 15 years old when I discovered NT via the Kicks magazine in the summer of 2001, it was in no way shape or form a daily part of my life. Back then we didn't have the Internet. We didn't even have a computer. So the library was where I went and that became my asylum for discovery.

It was magazines that had become my source of information and updates on the sneaker world. Waiting for the latest Eastbay magazine to be dropped off by the mailman in the blistering cold. But back then, it was unjustified. My mother used to call me crazy for being so hooked on that pair of Penny II in '96. There was a certain mystique of being a sneaker connoisseur back than. It was like how Hip-Hop was being done in the 80's. It was only recognized in action. When NikeTalk finally lanuched after NikePark's demise, it became a break-through in the sneaker world and online congregation. NT was the first online place I knew where you can express yourself and be accepted for who you are, no matter where you came from.

Now look at us. 11 years later, I can access NT from almost anywhere in the world with my mobile device. 80,000+ members, donating thousands of dollars, holding a foundation of a credible marketplace and still being the first place checked for the latest information on sneakers.  That's the definition of advancement.

I would like to thank Method Man, Nelson C and the rest of the staff for allowing me to serve this community. I could never even have considered this opportunity without Method Man's stamp of approval. I'm indebted to you. My greatest reward of being a buy/sell guide is being able to serve this community.

I would like to quote the late great Robert Orben, he said:

"The best birthdays of all are those that haven't arrived yet"

So heres to another 11 years of innovation, tradition, and advancement. Happy birthday NT. Live on. Live strong..

Nicely put Animal
pimp.gif

Happy birthday NT. I've only been here for a year or 2 now, but I used to lurk back when the layout of the site confused the hell out of me
laugh.gif

I'll definitely be copping a 7 3/4 or 7 7/8 in that fitted when it drops.

Hey Method, why not consider a full Blackout color for it too, with everything being black except the red You in "Do You Know", the red bar under the NT logo, and a grey underbrim (
pimp.gif
)?

Nicely put Animal
pimp.gif

Happy birthday NT. I've only been here for a year or 2 now, but I used to lurk back when the layout of the site confused the hell out of me
laugh.gif

I'll definitely be copping a 7 3/4 or 7 7/8 in that fitted when it drops.

Hey Method, why not consider a full Blackout color for it too, with everything being black except the red You in "Do You Know", the red bar under the NT logo, and a grey underbrim (
pimp.gif
)?

all jokes aside....
NT is responsible for a few hundred million dollars in sales of streetwear brands if not more....
spawned many "BRANDS" other than the swoosh right here.

I have to say thank you and even though in 2001- 2003 I created a lot of heartache for some, I had mad love for the site pre-extra newbs....

this site brought a lot of wealth to my life, not speaking on dollars either, although I must say it was an instrument and machine for me as well.

salute!

all jokes aside....
NT is responsible for a few hundred million dollars in sales of streetwear brands if not more....

I have to say thank you and even though in 2001- 2003 I created a lot of heartache for some, I had mad love for the site pre-extra newbs....

this site brought a lot of wealth to my life, not speaking on dollars either, although I must say it was an instrument and machine for me as well.

salute!

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

all jokes aside....

salute!
You need to post more lil _. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

all jokes aside....

salute!
You need to post more lil _. 
indifferent.gif

HAPPY B-DAY!

and whoa@ danny almonte posting

hopefully yuku being sold helps

i was gone for a while now i'm back. -_-
laugh.gif

HAPPY B-DAY!

and whoa@ danny almonte posting

hopefully yuku being sold helps

i was gone for a while now i'm back. -_-