Harriet Tubman to Replace Jackson on $20 bill

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ndrew-jackson-debt-balanced-budget-president/

I aint joinin da scapegoatin..

Nixon, Carter, Dubya Bush, and Grant were all FAAR worst.

Thats off da top of da head :lol:

You posted a link confirming that Jackson did something stupid. getting rid of national debt and dissolving bank was stupid and triggered on of the worst depressions in american history,

Grant is better than all of them, Grants only problem was trying to do right by black people, so pro south revisionist historians destroyed his reputation.

I'm hoping you guys are mistaking Jackson for Johnson. Otherwise, stop talking upon subjects you clearly don't know.
Looking silly.
Jackson doesn't even hit top ten worst. Carry on though.
I don't mind Tubman on thr $20 eiherway.
It's actually cool to have influential people throughout history, not just presidents on money.

Last edited:
Put John Brown on the back of the $20. Harriet on the front.

John Brown was a radical abolitionist who believed in the violent overthrow of the slavery system. During the Bleeding Kansas conflicts, Brown and his sons led attacks on pro-slavery residents. Justifying his actions as the will of God, Brown soon became a hero in the eyes of Northern extremists and was quick to capitalize on his growing reputation. By early 1858, he had succeeded in enlisting a small "army" of insurrectionists whose mission was to foment rebellion among the slaves. In 1859, Brown and 21 of his followers attacked and occupied the federal arsenal in Harpers Ferry. Their goal was to capture supplies and use them to arm a slave rebellion. Brown was captured during the raid and later hanged, but not before becoming an anti-slavery icon.

View media item 2003640

John Brown was a radical abolitionist who believed in the violent overthrow of the slavery system. During the Bleeding Kansas conflicts, Brown and his sons led attacks on pro-slavery residents. Justifying his actions as the will of God, Brown soon became a hero in the eyes of Northern extremists and was quick to capitalize on his growing reputation. By early 1858, he had succeeded in enlisting a small "army" of insurrectionists whose mission was to foment rebellion among the slaves. In 1859, Brown and 21 of his followers attacked and occupied the federal arsenal in Harpers Ferry. Their goal was to capture supplies and use them to arm a slave rebellion. Brown was captured during the raid and later hanged, but not before becoming an anti-slavery icon.

that has only a slightly better chance than the goverment putting Nat Turner on some money. :lol:

Why are we arguing who the worst presidents were?

Because da hyperbole crowd exaggerated Andrew Jackson as being one of da worst Presidents which warranted his demotion off of da 20 dollar bill.

Me personally? I dont mind Tubman on a denomination, but like i said earlier.. Money is about to be obsolete real soon anyway, and shouldn't she have her OWN bill instead of sharing a 20?

Might as well let her be a $25 note.

Why are we arguing who the worst presidents were?

Because da hyperbole crowd exaggerated Andrew Jackson as being one of da worst Presidents which warranted his demotion off of da 20 dollar bill.

Me personally? I dont mind Tubman on a denomination, but like i said earlier.. Money is about to be obsolete real soon anyway, and shouldn't she have her OWN bill instead of sharing a 20?

Might as well let her be a $25 note.

Nters argue about the dumbest **** :rofl: :rofl:

View media item 2003640

For a second, I thought you posted a pic of Michael Douglass in here.

All the "you know who's" bout to come out the woodworks. 
mean.gif

am i the only one who doesnt care as long as I got $ in my pocket? 

...but like i said earlier.. Money is about to be obsolete real soon anyway...
:lol: You really think paper money will become obsolete in the next 18 months?

Until the wristbands with RFID chips becomes the norm paper money isn't going anywhere. We are still at least a decade or more away from that paradigm shift.

She gone keep that mean mug or nah? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Ain't ever seen a pic of her not mean mugging asf :lol:

Not saying she had anything to smile about but Iamjusayn...

It wasn’t just Fox News fans who are trying to claim Tubman as one of their own — the conservative media is doing it as well. Guns.com, a right-wing website, published an article titled,“Obama administration says pro-gun Republican Harriet Tubman to grace the $20 bill.” Another conservative website published and article titled,”New $20 Bill to Feature Gun-Toting Republican Harriet Tubman” and finally, former Congressman Allen West published an article claiming the same thing,“Breaking: PRO-GUN REPUBLICAN to replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill.”

Ahhhh what a tangled web of half-truths they are weaving.

It is true that Harriet Tubman carried a gun and it is true that she was a Republican. However, she was hardly the kind of right-wing ammosexual they are claiming she is. Tubman did not carry a firearm because it was “cool.” She carried a gun because racist conservatives wanted to murder her. She carried a gun because she was helping families flee the oppressive South and the Confederacy. The same Confederacy that the GOP loves so much.

And yeah, she was a Republican but what they failed to mention (as they always do) is that the Republican Party of Harriet Tubman’s days is not the GOP of 2016. Southern Democrats were so pissed off about the Civil Rights movement that they left the Democratic Party en masse and joined the Republican Party. It was all part of the Southern Strategy that they love to pretend never happened but can’t quite explain why they are no longer Democrats without talking about it.

The only reason the right is pushing this narrative is that they can oppose Tubman’s picture going on the $20 bill without looking like the vapid racists that they are.

Back
Top Bottom