Harriet Tubman to Replace Jackson on $20 bill

It gets tiring having to repeat those facts when Republicans constantly shovel half-truths to the masses.

One of the many instances you see they don't want better accurate and factual education nation wide. The 2 parties basically switched titles policy wise especially as they are today but nope you got dudes like bclo who aint really saying **** trying to claim abolitionists on this issue but then deny racism in another topic.

New blacks are annoying

Dudes think they put Harriet Tubman on a bill so we think everything is good but then go on and complain how our achievements and successes aren't being acknowledged, publicized, and rewarded

Confused folks

So ignorant. Eat a steaming bowl of cat feces.

What's ignorant about being upset that my people are upset that Harriet Tubman is getting recognition?

I really don't get the negativity. Some of y'all gotta learn to enjoy stuff once in a while.Black men haven't stopped being harassed and killed by police, so I don't think anyone is going to be satisfied with this. It's just nice to see some change in leadership and representation. I'm sick of only white men being paraded around as our heroes, especially when most of those 'heroes' shoved in our face were slave owners.

:lol: You really think paper money will become obsolete in the next 18 months?

Black person gets put on paper money, ninjahood comes up with theory of how paper money will become obsolete soon. This dude is literally a boondocks character :lol:  

:rolleyes

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/phone-payments-could-replace-cash-within-years-r96dfjxgr

Cash could soon go the way of cheque books if predictions turn out to be true.

By the year 2025, about two thirds of transactions (65 per cent) will be carried out by contactless payment on mobile phone apps, according to a supermarket chain.

At present, the same proportion of transactions is paid for in cash, according to the Co-operative, but this looks set to decline as more and more people use the latest technology to shop and pay for goods.

The Co-operative predicts that debit and credit card use will also decline as consumers adopt quicker and more convenient

Black person gets put on paper money, ninjahood comes up with theory of how paper money will become obsolete soon. This dude is literally a boondocks character :lol:  

:rofl: funny man but you jocking ninja almost as much Ryda jocks NY :lol:

Funny still tho.

:rofl: funny man but you jocking ninja almost as much Ryda jocks NY :lol:

Funny still tho.

Im wondering who was in his mouth da entire time i was gone, cuz his shtick bout to get him banned.

Last edited:
Benjamin Franklin Carson apparently is upset with replacing Andrew Jackson and he would rather put Harriet on the $2 bill. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] BEN CARSON 2020.

Take her off the the most circulated bill, and put her on the least circulated one.

Ben Carson's tap dancing knows no boundaries :lol:

this

It gets tiring having to repeat those facts when Republicans constantly shovel half-truths to the masses.

One of the many instances you see they don't want better accurate and factual education nation wide. The 2 parties basically switched titles policy wise especially as they are today but nope you got dudes like bclo who aint really saying **** trying to claim abolitionists on this issue but then deny racism in another topic.

The republicans/conservatives/whatever-they-choose-to-call-themselves-these-days should switch their symbol from the elephant to the ostrich. Suits them perfectly.

Not enough stonefaces for the people trying to downplay the significance of this...

Last edited:
Not enough stonefaces for the people trying to downplay the significance of this...
Not trying to argue, just curious.

1. Why do you feel this is a significant moment in time?

2. Do you at least see where the, "Man this is just a fake moral victory" crowd is coming from with their stance?

1st woman on American currency in more than a century
1st african american on american currency

Its a positive thing.
Right, in a vacuum it is a positive thing. Not denying that at all.

Last edited:

2. Do you at least see where the, "Man this is just a fake moral victory" crowd is coming from with their stance?
There she is. She's byke! Love that this is your first post byke :lol:

Its a positive thing.

My sentiment is pretty much what Dave is getting at:

I think it's quite empowering to see someone so pivotal in Black History to replace the face of a slave owner and genocidal racist. Just the psychological effect of seeing a hero to many replacing someone who did rather despicable things can be quite powerful for some.

I study race relations in the media. So that's probably where we have the disconnect. Of course, I can definitely see why people would be disillusioned by this.

Its a positive thing.

And this.

Last edited:
I think it's quite empowering to see someone so pivotal in Black History to replace the face of a slave owner and genocidal racist. Just the psychological effect of seeing a hero to many replacing someone who did rather despicable things can be quite powerful for some.

I study race relations in the media. So that's probably where we have the disconnect. Of course, I can definitely see why people would be disillusioned by this.
And this.
I can see why it is empowering but at the end of the day, it is just a piece of paper that is losing value as time goes on.

Folks just think it is a way to shut black people up and say, "Here look what we did for you."

But I can see why someone things it is empowering. I just don't really agree

I can see why it is empowering but at the end of the day, it is just a piece of paper that is losing value as time goes on.

Folks just think it is a way to shut black people up and say, "Here look what we did for you."

pimp.gif

It doesn't even have to be about that.

It's a change in culture and how people think.
Of course there is that aspect of it but in the bigger picture of things, these changes.....legalizing gay marriage....taking down the Confederate flag....legalizing Marijuana. .....etc.....these are progressive steps america is taking to be a better more open minded country.

Were still a young country compared to others but this is good.

If they don't do it they don't care about black people, if they do it they're only doing it to shut black people up. 

You can never win with people like that. Why can't it just be what it is ? 

Last edited:

If they don't do it they don't care about black people, if they do it they're only doing it to shut black people up. 

You can never win with people like that. Why can't it just be what it is ? 
So what do you suggest?

Those people that feel that way not express that they feel that way?

What does, "Why can't it be what it is" really mean in this siatuon? Don't discuss it?

So what do you suggest?

Those people that feel that way not express that they feel that way?

What does, "Why can't it be what it is" really mean in this siatuon? Don't discuss it?
It means there isn't a conspiracy behind everything. I'm not saying don't discuss it i'm just shocked seeing so many people coming up with different stories why she shouldn't be on the bill. These people are just ruining a good moment in history.  

It means there isn't a conspiracy behind everything. I'm not saying don't discuss it i'm just shocked seeing so many people coming up with different stories why she shouldn't be on the bill. These people are just ruining a good moment in history.  
Well, for 500 years a certain group has been disrespected. How can we blame them for not being excited because a face of the past is placed on currency?

That is all folks are saying man. Simple concept to grasp

Catching up on the thread the following question came to me, If race relations were better would some of your opinions change?

Back
Top Bottom