HARRY POTTER Film/TV Series Thread- RIP Michael Gambon / Dumbledore

Watched it yesterday. High key felt like I needed sub titles for some of the dialog :lol: but overall enjoyed it. First one still the best though

not sure if a tv series is the best way to go but hbos been pretty good at creatine series so im all in

That could work. It was always going to be hard to condense those books to a movie. Even if it was 8 or 12 episodes per school year that is a lot more screen time.

That could work. It was always going to be hard to condense those books to a movie. Even if it was 8 or 12 episodes per school year that is a lot more screen time.

for sure, they can add a lot of stuff that fans were hoping it would make the big screen

they just got to give it a huge budget though, like HoD type of budget perhaps

Why??

The movies aren't even that old yet, why the need to revisit them in live action already?

too much money in the franchise to be sitting on the shelve unused and there is still a huge fanbase/demand there

unfortunately, any other work by rowling outside of the og books sucked so those didnt work out so back to the og they go

you know how it is in hollywood, if you cant get an new ip, just reboot a known one

my son and i are reading the books and watching the movies afterwards. we made it through the first two books. he’s 8 and loving it so far.

movies aren’t outdated IMO, but i’m all in for a series.

we’re hitting up Universal next week and the kid couldn’t be more hyped to see Hogwarts :lol:

Hollywood. Also hitting up Disneyland for two days.

awesome

if you can spare it (and if its not sold out) pay that extra $20 to get in an hour early for nintendo world or else its a long *ss wait for everything there because its spring break and its a new land

but your kids gon have a blast

have fun!

awesome

if you can spare it (and if its not sold out) pay that extra $20 to get in an hour early for nintendo world or else its a long *ss wait for everything there because its spring break and its a new land

but your kids gon have a blast

have fun!
thx man. we wanted to get the early access but it was sold out when we purchased 2 weeks ago >.<

regardless, this is my first time going to universal since I was a kid so we’re all pretty excited to go check it all out.

thx man. we wanted to get the early access but it was sold out when we purchased 2 weeks ago >.<

regardless, this is my first time going to universal since I was a kid so we’re all pretty excited to go check it all out.

that sucks it sold out but you got plenty to enjoy and if you can, i feel like the waterworld show is better at night so if you can hang a round til then i think you guys would enjoy it more and then try and catch the night time hogwarts show, i think the drones are back for that show

its a small place so a lot of people can usually by half the day especially if you're not hitting super nintendo world so a lot are gone before it gets dark but some of the best entertainments at night, even the studio tour has a slightly different vibe at night

that sucks it sold out but you got plenty to enjoy and if you can, i feel like the waterworld show is better at night so if you can hang a round til then i think you guys would enjoy it more and then try and catch the night time hogwarts show, i think the drones are back for that show

its a small place so a lot of people can usually by half the day especially if you're not hitting super nintendo world so a lot are gone before it gets dark but some of the best entertainments at night, even the studio tour has a slightly different vibe at night
sweet! thx for the insight man, i’ll definitely take this into consideration and maybe go in the early afternoon instead if early morning.

just check the time the park closes, sometimes its 6pm then sometimes its 10pm

last week they also opened earlier than usual for a weekday, i usually go and visit nintendo at 9 when they opened but when i got there last friday they actually opened at 8

yah after really thinking about what we never got to see in the og films, im really excited in the series, i just hope its done right

one thing i really wanted to see was Voldemort v McGonagall, Shacklebolt and Slughorn while Weasley(mom) and Bellatrix duelled while the rest of the school watched before becoming Voldemort v Harry

its like deja vu for me with casting.
Which was the saving grace for the films to me
Alan Rickman/Robbie Coltrane/Richard Harris (RIP)
were just amazing casting to me,
In fact a TON of the castings for the film were so on point
they played so well off the kids.
it's definitely gonna be interesting to see who they get and what their own take will be on the characters.

Back
Top Bottom