"Harvard-led team detects gravitational waves, evidence of cosmic inflation" Vol. Big Bang

Educate us on the right path?

The very essence of being a scientists and what fuels the greatest minds is the fact that we don't know sh. It is also what separates religion and ignorance from thinker and the scientist. If primitive minds were allowed their way we wouldn't have the internet or many of the technologies spawned from scientific discoveries many thought were a waste of money and time.

there should be balance
science is only half of it, never more & will never be all

there should be balance

science is only half of it, never more & will never be all

The hell are you talking about, stop speaking in riddles no one has time for that sh....

Say what you mean. What kinda balance? How are these hardworking MIT and Harvard students not "balanced"?

i said exactly what i mean & you answered your own question by the way you wrote it imo
don't know the students personally as i am speaking on a whole

and i agree with stem cell use a well, can't they be retrieved from one's own "wisdom teeth?'

Not understanding how this was disrespectful at all. Speaking for general atheistic people, any type of religious rhetoric (regardless of sect) is nonsensical to us.
To say what someone believes in is nonsense is 100% disrespectful.. then, add to the fact the person has never read the Quran or studied Islam makes him ignorant.. so its ignorant and disrespectful.  

If your atheist and you don't believe in anything that is fine, but do not JUDGE what other people believe.. 

If you disagree with people's views that's fine, but don't be disrespectful.. 

there are over a billion people on this planet that believe in his "nonsense".   

You underestimate the power of stupidity in large numbers. The fact that a majority believes something should never be used as a lithmus test of for its validity. A majority of people used to think black people were animals in this country. Hitler was able to convince a majority that the Jews should be exterminated. I'm just saying that's not a very good angle to take.
I am not trying to validate anything.. I am just saying its disrespectful to say what over a billion people on this planet is nonsense.

especially when someone probably has never studied Islam.. but for some reason they feel they can Judge it? 

and sorry using  google.com and reading wikipedia pages dont make you an expert.  

You don't see me in here saying, atheist beliefs are nonsense?  or whatever someone beleif system is..

Last edited:
Stem cell research
mean.gif

Religion and warfare, the two biggest problems of humanity in my opinion.

I don't know what this has to do with what I posted but I fully support stem cell research. It has the potential for curing many devastating ailments including various cancers, neurodegenerative disorders, fatal genetic disorders, acute injuries to the spinal cord etc etc. Many people assume stem cell research is like that episode of South Park were Christopher Reeves is literally drinking the blood of aborted fetuses.

But yes war and religion are a cancer to society.

I meant that as in stupidity in large numbers holding back progression.

I am not trying to validate anything.. I am just saying its disrespectful to say what over a billion people on this planet is nonsense.

especially when someone probably has never studied Islam.. but for some reason they feel they can Judge it? 

and sorry using  google.com and reading wikipedia pages dont make you an expert.  

You don't see me in here saying, atheist beliefs are nonsense?  or whatever someone beleif system is..

Lettuce be real, there are no "real" Quran "scholars" in here. Dudes posting youtube vids acting like they know more than non-Muslims are just as misguided. And there a many internet sources that can be used to learn a lot about a religion, we use the internet for knowledge on other subjects, religion doesn't get a pass.

The difference is most atheists can back their claims up with objective information and "reality".
I still agree with the other guy, calling it nonsense is too much. But also claiming it is right and the end all of everything is wrong too. Just live in harmony people. 

Don't you think people who are atheists are in a sense the same as religious people. Just as you can't prove there's God, you can't prove there isn't one either. They are both beliefs in my mind. 

Lettuce be real, there are no "real" Quran "scholars" in here. Dudes posting youtube vids acting like they know more than non-Muslims are just as misguided. And there a many internet sources that can be used to learn a lot about a religion, we use the internet for knowledge on other subjects, religion doesn't get a pass.

The difference is most atheists can back their claims up with objective information and "reality".
Actually I am Muslim and have been studying to all my life.. 

I can sit here all day and poke holes in atheist's belief system, but I choose not too because it will just turn into a 10 page debate that doesn't change either one of our minds.. 

so the best thing to do is respect someone elses beliefs, just like you want them to respect yours. 

I still agree with the other guy, calling it nonsense is too much. But also claiming it is right and the end all of everything is wrong too. Just live in harmony people. 

Don't you think people who are atheists are in a sense the same as religious people. Just as you can't prove there's God, you can't prove there isn't one either. They are both beliefs in my mind. 
agreed.   no one is going to change someones belief system over NT.. I think that is something we can all agree. 

Hmm see we only use this idea of "You can't prove something that clearly isn't a reality doesn't exist" idea with religion. No one ever says something like you can't prove unicorns don't exist, you can't prove the spaghetti monster doesn't exist. That type of argument does not work with "reality". Sure God could "possibly" exist, but the bottom line is there is no proof. That argument wouldn't hold up in any court that isn't under Sharia law.

I tend to have more "agnostic" views but I still refuse to call the higher powers that be "Gods". Technically speaking, human beings are Gods in their own right.
That's true. I do feel you on that. However, I was thinking too narrow minded when I wrote that statement. You can prove things don't exist/aren't correct. Science is a great example of this. In research sometimes just as important as discovering something, is discovering something doesn't work/isn't possible. So you can prove something doesn't exist. But when you bring up such abstract ideas like unicorns or a monster, yea I agree can't prove that. 

I can sit here all day and poke holes in atheist's belief system, but I choose not too because it will just turn into a 10 page debate that doesn't change either one of our minds.. 

so the best thing to do is respect someone elses beliefs, just like you want them to respect yours. 

Actually I bet you can't poke any holes in atheist belief system. I challenge you to do so. Wait for him to post nonsensical passages from the Quran.
I'd actually love to hear his view points that poke holes in those belief systems. Don't gotta call it nonsensical though, that's all. I don't believe in any of that, but it is is what it is. As long as it doesn't harm no one, do you. Good can be learned from religion, but at least for me, it's not necessary at all. 

Actually I bet you can't poke any holes in atheist belief system. I challenge you to do so. Wait for him to post nonsensical passages from the Quran. Religious people always make this claim because they can't fathom how their indoctrinated beliefs are simply fantasy, then they get chewed the hell up by atheist logic. Try. I dare you, I double dare you.
what started the big bang?  where did the big bang come from?  GO..

Where did God come from....go?

Omni-present so sshhhhh......

No seriously, as an agnostic, I keep my mind open to everything that I deem plausible....which can include God if he's the ultimate being. He's my reason and I credit the balance of the Universe and my life to him. That's just me though.

Last edited:

I believe you asked for me to poke holes in atheism which I just did, and obviously you have no answer.. 

like I said I don't want to get into a belief debate with you over NT, because we aren't going to change each others mind. 

There are things in Life I accept I do not understand and will never comprehend and fathom.  kind of like how a dog will never be able to do algebra.. its just beyond them. 

Things like that are beyond humans understanding and I will never understand that in my lifetime or in a 1000 lifetimes and I accept that because I have faith in a higher power..  

so now I just answered, your question.. 

What is your answer to mine?.. GO

Last edited:

I believe you asked for me to poke holes in atheism which I just did, and obviously you have no answer.. 

like I said I don't want to get into a belief debate with you over NT, because we aren't going to change each others mind. 

There are things in Life I accept I do not understand and will never comprehend and fathom.  kind of like how a dog will never be able to do algebra.. its just beyond them. 

Things like that are beyond humans understanding and I will never understand that in my lifetime or in a 1000 lifetimes and I accept that because I have faith in a higher power..  

so now I just answered, your question.. 

What is your answer to mine?.. GO
That isn't poking any holes because it's accepted, no one knows what started the "bang." At least no one knows yet. They're constantly searching for that initiation. It's beyond me, because I never got too interested in this stuff, until probably just recently, but it has to do with the environment at that time, extremely hot, pressurized, etc. I don't think it's about how it "banged" but more of where that particle came from possibly? Correct me if I'm wrong you NT "astrophysicists" 
laugh.gif

But yea no one knows and it's accepted no one knows. There's multiple theories though. 

As a muslim I must ask a few things that just came to my mind right now if you don't mind. 

1) Why pray 5 times or pray at all? Personally meaning you, and the masses meaning other muslims why do you/ you guys pray. Tell me more than just the quran tells me to do it. What if a person gets nothing out of praying and doesn't want to pray. He feels nothing. Is he damned from that? Why would a benevolent being need praise or prayer. Seems extremely egotistical to me. Tell me how it's not, open to hearing. To me it seems like a way to organize people way back in the day. Make sure there is order. 

2) If a person doesn't believe in Islamic tenants at least some of them, such as prayer, and covering of beauty and what not, are they damned. How about if a person doesn't believe in a higher being, but they have lived a great productive life. Are they damned? Why is the majority of the world damned then, simply because they aren't born into that religion? Why can't you practice other religions? Doesn't the quran say go out and learn, think for yourself, learn about other faiths and what not, and you'll see that this is the best faith. I could totally be wrong about that last part, but I've heard a muslim person say this to me, and it seemed so self centered. But yea doesn't it say learn, think for yourself, etc etc. Why does it seem like that's a total contradiction, when a lot of the thoughts/things you do are based on the book? 

Thanks 

Last edited:

That isn't poking any holes because it's accepted, no one knows what started the "bang." At least no one knows yet. They're constantly searching for that initiation. It's beyond me, because I never got too interested in this stuff, until probably just recently, but it has to do with the environment at that time, extremely hot, pressurized, etc. I don't think it's about how it "banged" but more of where that particle came from possibly? Correct me if I'm wrong you NT "astrophysicists" 
laugh.gif

But yea no one knows and it's accepted no one knows. There's multiple theories though. 

As a muslim I must ask a few things that just came to my mind right now if you don't mind. 

1) Why pray 5 times or pray at all? Personally meaning you, and the masses meaning other muslims why do you/ you guys pray. Tell me more than just the quran tells me to do it. What if a person gets nothing out of praying and doesn't want to pray. He feels nothing. Is he damned from that? Why would a benevolent being need praise or prayer. Seems extremely egotistical to me. Tell me how it's not, open to hearing. To me it seems like a way to organize people way back in the day. Make sure there is order. 

2) If a person doesn't believe in Islamic tenants at least some of them, such as prayer, and covering of beauty and what not, are they damned. How about if a person doesn't believe in a higher being, but they have lived a great productive life. Are they damned? Why is the majority of the world damned then, simply because they aren't born into that religion? Why can't you practice other religions? Doesn't the quran say go out and learn, think for yourself, learn about other faiths and what not, and you'll see that this is the best faith. I could totally be wrong about that last part, but I've heard a muslim person say this to me, and it seemed so self centered. But yea doesn't it say learn, think for yourself, etc etc. Why does it seem like that's a total contradiction, when a lot of the thoughts/things you do are based on the book? 

Thanks 
Have you ever read the Quran?  

Yet.

For a thousand plus years science has been knocking down questions of the universe and life that could not once be explained, things that people who wanted to string scientists up pointed to in validating their claim of God.

Its called "God of the gaps" and its been around since the roots of religious belief.

We don't understand everything, we probably never will understand 100% of whats going on in our universe but one by one we learn about something that we didn't know before, things that are attributed to God since there was no other explanation before a discovery of science.

Last edited:

Long video... But it dabbles into religion and the big bang. Towards the end, people get to asks questions to Bill Nye and Ham. Video shows how narrow minded Ben Ham is, and how science/ Bill Nye is much more accepting to new beliefs based on evidence.

bill nye is a disrespectful ignorant egomaniac twit of a turd...

...i've seen him berate former astronauts for saying they saw unexplainable stuff while out in space...dudes who are actually potentially smarter than nye (remember they are astronauts, many with extensive educations in science & mathematics)...speaking to them like they are 5 year olds...like he knows better then they do for sure...

Last edited:
bill nye is a disrespectful ignorant egomaniac twit of a turd...

...i've seen him berate former astronauts for saying they saw unexplainable stuff while out in space...dudes who are actually potentially smarter than nye (remember they are astronauts, many with extensive educations in science & mathematics)...speaking to them like they are 5 year olds...like he knows better then they do for sure...

If that's true, he was probably jealous. I remember him saying he applied to be an astronaut a few times and got turned down each time. Bill Nye is smart as hell. Lets not get that twisted.

If that's true, he was probably jealous. I remember him saying he applied to be an astronaut a few times and got turned down each time. Bill Nye is smart as hell. Lets not get that twisted.

compared to some astronauts tho - he might not be as commanding with his intellect - is what i'm saying

here's one example: (it appears to me nye was trying to get mitchell to admit death bed confessions so he could say how unreliable they are...but when mitchell says otherwise...nye tries to spin it the other way...imo) and that smirk

thanks for your insight

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom