Has a stranger ever paid for your food?

Happened to me a few times. First time, I had just moved to South Carolina(From Denver) and knew no one, was out at Outback having a little dinner. An older black guy came to the bar we chatted it up a little bit, my bill comes and said no no ill take care it and Welcome to South Carolina. To this day every time I go in there I look for him, but I havent seen him in years.
The most interesting time was when I was in Miami for spring break. My boys and I(4 of us), started out on the town. Went to a local restaurant to drink and meet up with one of my friends cousin's who lived down there. We are all hanging out and this guy who went by Ray Ray walked up to us and asked if he could hang out. We all had the 
eyes.gif
 face, but he ended up being cool. We were getting ready to leave Ray Ray went inside for something, we ask the waiter for the bill she said "you realize you were with the owner of the restaurant, he took care of all you guys". Mind you this is Miami and we ate well. Then things got really crazy, we went to thank him and he offered to take us to "Solid Gold", none of us knew what that was. So we jumped in a cab and went. We get there and its a strip club. He slips the bouncer a 50, we all walk in. He takes a girl to the private room, and that was the last i ever saw of Ray Ray. 

I actually sort of did this back in college. Funnily enough it was at Chipotle too. This girl in front of me forgot her debit card when she got to the register, so I told her I'd take care of it.

he wasnt a stranger but back in the day when mcdonalds had the cheap burgers my friends dad was like 6 spaces ahead of me in line and he asked me what i wanted and paid for my food =/

I remember being up at the Carolina Panthers Draft Party up at Bank of America Stadium and chopping it up with this random fan that I never met before. We were talking like we knew each other for years. Homie bought me beer
pimp.gif
. Never had someone do that for me and I was very gracious for his gesture.

I've been in situations where someone was short on change and I spotted them. If I got it, I'll give it.

I pay for 5-6 people behind me in toll booths a couple of times during the month of December. Have done that for about 10 years now. I also always pay for any kids in line behind me if they're like 11 & younger whenever I'm in 7/11. My 7 year old son thinks it's hilarious & cool at the same time.

I've paid for strangers food that might have came up short and didn't have enough, I just pay for the whole thing. I also pay for US Soldiers food or round of drinks whenever I get the chance. The Last time it was a chick behind me in her uniform and I told the cashier I was paying for her stuff. It was only like $10 but I don't ever mind.

Shout to the Troops.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by vezon

Should of offered to eat her out.
pimp.gif

Just died in class.
roll.gif
roll.gif

EDIT: This whole thread is full of Lulz.
laugh.gif

This never happen to me though. 
frown.gif
 I wish somebody would hook me up at Subway or Qdoba. 

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by big mike 13

not my food. but i work at costco and some lady was trying to buy some stuff (like $45 worth) and her card wasnt working and she had no way to pay for the items. the customer behind her payed for her stuff.
Thats good !$!% 
pimp.gif

Used to work at a grocery store and would see this time to time

Me & my boys were watching Packers/Falcons at Tullys last year and we all got tully tenders dinner. We were about to pay and the dude said naa, somebody already did already. We were like %%@ 
laugh.gif

We didn't know anyone in their either. He also said they paid for us to get dessert also, was 
pimp.gif

We asked who it was and he said the people sitting behind us. I remember looking at them walking in & it was a 2 older white men and 2 older white women. Weird.

I'm honestly guessing they seen 3 well mannered black kids just enjoying a football game, having a good time. 
pimp.gif

I wouldnt accept it. I just cant. I wouldnt pay for anyone's unless they asked me or if i know them. I would hate to try to do something nice and someone gives me the %@% are u doing face.

Early this year me and my girl were in vacation in Melbourne...we rode a tram to get back to the city, little did we know that the trams only took coins and swipe cards...we only were able to come up $1.50 of coins between 2 of us and was about $6 short 
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
embarassed.gif
 This homeless looking old man saw this and insisted on giving us the rest of the fare before leaving at his stop 
embarassed.gif
 #feltbadman
When I was a young'n me and my cousin were lining up to buy pizza at Pizza Hut stall, the man in front of us bought family size pizza and have the server half it and put in in seperate boxes. He gave the other box to us. 
pimp.gif

Me and two buddies were blown as !%!# in taco bell drive thru and dude in front of us payed for our $30 order. Feels good man. We payed for order behind us too.

I get free food sometimes from chicks I flirt with. I always wanted to pull up at a toll during rush hour & give them a $100 & say I got the next 99 people thats coming.

I do this all the time. It is something that I live by. Becoming a great philanthropist is my #1 goal in life.

Never happened to me, but it happened to one of my ex's. Basically she was getting on the LIRR and they only took cash and she only had credit card and dude behind her was like, "I'll pay for her too."
They ended up sitting next to each other and talked about random stuff. When it got to the stop, they said goodbye and my ex wanted to pay him back by asking what time he takes the LIRR in the morning. But dude said it wasn't a problem and left. Fast forward a couple of days my ex and her friend is walking across the street when a car honked at them. She looked and the dude in passenger seat waved at her. It took her a few seconds to realize it was the dude who paid for her ticket. The car pulls up right next to them and he says jokingly, "So where's that money you owe me?" She again only has credit/debit cards and offers to go to the bank 2 min away to withdraw some cash. He laughs, says it's fine, and just straight up asked for her number. She was taken aback because it was out of the blue. He must've seen the look on her face because he was like, "It's ok you don't have to give it to me." And drove away

inb4 csb

Hope you do the same return to the person that looks in need of food "Bum".

Never happen to me BTW...

Nice..

It happened to me like twice. I was at the airport eating at Chili's with three of my buddies and some random guy paid for all of our lunches. We went to where he was sitting and we all thanked him and shook hands. We chatted for a bit and then left. We were all in uniform so that's why. But still, real nice of the guy.

Another time(also in uniform) some lady that was standing behind me in line at starbucks in the airport paid for me.
pimp.gif

[h1]Coffee customers "pay it forward" by paying for those behind[/h1]
By Christina Siderius

Seattle Times staff reporter

What started as a small gesture of holiday cheer Wednesday, in 24 hours, grew to involve about 500 coffee drinkers in a chain of giving in Marysville.

At about 8 a.m. Wednesday, a woman purchasing a drink at a Starbucks drive-through at 3725 116th Street Northeast offered to buy the drinks for the customers in line behind her.

She told the employee who was working the window to wish the folks happy holidays, and she drove away, said the store's assistant manager Michele Case.

Those customers were so touched that they paid for the order of the folks behind them.

Countless gingerbread lattes and peppermint mochas later, the spirit of reciprocity carried on.

As of 8 a.m. today, the line of giving had grown to involve 490 customers picking up tabs for those next in line at the store's drive-through and lobby, said Case.

Case said it shows that a small gesture can have a big impact.

"Each time people were just so excited," Case said. Often people paid more than needed to cover the tab, and that money was added to a pool for the cause. When people were unable to cover others' totals, the pooled money was used.

Any leftover money in the pot will go toward buying toys for the store's toy drive, said Case.

Starbucks spokeswoman Tricia Moriarty said these "infectious" giving acts have been happening across the country — recently, there were all-day giving chains at Starbucks in Pittsburg and in Florida.

Responding to rumblings that the pay-it-forward acts in the area are actually manufactured by the coffee giant's public-relations department rather than its customers, Moriarty said the acts are "100 percent organic."

"In terms of thinking that it's staged ... it truly isn't," Moriarty said. "People are just inspired to do these acts on their own."

Starbucks is, of course, thrilled by those acts, she said.

Tales spread across the Puget Sound about coffee-drinkers warming each others hearts — and tummies — with the buying of beverages.

Kirkland resident Kelly Radcliff was a recipient of another customer's goodwill when she went to a Starbucks drive-through Thursday morning in Issaquah on East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast.

She said she didn't think to pay for the people behind her, but instead tipped the barista with what would have been her tab.

Rene Jeffers said the same thing happened to her earlier this week at a Puyallup store on South Meridian Street.

"It truly did put a smile on my face," she said — enough of a smile to do the same for the next person in the drive-through line.

Last year, Starbucks initiated a "Pass the Cheer" campaign urging people to do small things around the holiday season for others.

"These types of things really happen in our stores all the time," Starbucks' Moriarty said.

http://seattletimes.nwsou...452_webstarbucks20m.html

Almost the same thing happend to me at chipotle, i was just in line with the homies talking about having no cash & hungry except dude just gave me a free burrito coupon

Back
Top Bottom