Has Allen Iverson's career been underrated?

^
Well, I mean, the proof is in the pudding isn't it? If they wanted to play with him,they woulda went there right?
ohwell.gif
It's not a matter of publicly saying they want to go play with him, butrather that nobody did. None. Not one player we can think of. That sort of says something, without saying something isn't it?

I dunno, maybe I am off base, while I may argue against AI on some levels, I'm not beyond listening to what you guys say. I don't have all theanswers. But sitting back and looking at how his career has played out, one has to wonder don't they? That's all I'm tryna do.

In a sense, we will witness (pun intended) what Bron thinks of his chances in Cleveland this summer. If he leaves, he isn't going to bash the city or thefans, but it will say a lot won't it? That's what I'm lookin at in terms of AI's teammates that never came along.

Was he on the Olympic team that was a mess? Any of them ever speak on it? I honestly don't know, so I could be off there as well.

I found this quote from Jerry Stackhouse on being traded outta Philly.

With Jerry's minimal interest in returning to the 76ers after the end of the season and his somewhat rocky relationship with Iverson, Coach Larry Brown decided that a major move must be made.

In one of his last games as a 76er, Jerry registered a game-high 25 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists against the Boston Celtics on December 15. On December 18, 1997, Philadelphia traded Jerry along with Eric Montross to the Detroit Pistons for Theo Ratliff, Aaron Mckie and a first round draft pick. "I got an early Christmas present," Jerry said after being traded. "For me to fulfill my potential, it's good to get with a team where the ball is being shared a lot."
Now I'm sorry, but that was a 23-24 year old kid with a ton of talent, not to mention a North Carolina guy like Larry was, and he was tradedfor PEANUTS.
eek.gif
And I don't need to ask who wasn't sharing theball with him.

It could be said that Larry knew from jump he had to go all defense and let AI handle the scoring. Ratliff and McKie were certainly there for defense, andlater getting Snow and Raja Bell and of course Mutumbo showed where Larry was goin. Cuz AI and Stack were a nightmare to handle on offense, those guys whofill it up, they just couldn't play together. Stack went to the Pistons where Grant Hill was, and Stack came off the bench out there. In his 3rd season,he was coming off the bench. After being a top end lottery type guy.

Someone claimed AI is a great defender?

I hope the person who said that was kidding. Jumping passing lanes and getting an occasional steal does not make one a great defender. Allen is a terrible onthe ball defender.

Garnett is the only player I know of that actually came out and said that he wanted to play with Iverson while he was in his prime.

Back
Top Bottom