Has anyone else been using StockX?

the decimal places on these new notifications is throwing me off

Screenshot_20181006-105713_Chrome.jpg

For those who have sold on StockX before... it says you have 2 days to ship the shoes.

Does that mean you theoretically have 2 days to print the label, and then however long it takes to drop off?

For those who have sold on StockX before... it says you have 2 days to ship the shoes.

Does that mean you theoretically have 2 days to print the label, and then however long it takes to drop off?
No, once the sale is processed you have two business days to drop off at UPS or you’ll run the risk of the order being cancelled. The app will tell you the date you need to ship by and send reminders daily.

Got a pair of banned 1s from Stockx and they look okay

but I noticed the back, the stitching looks sloppy. The two pieces of red leather aren't plush against each other
14x32ur.jpg

And the production dates on the size tag of the left shoe is different from right shoe. The left shoe says it was produced until June 3rd , the right shoe says May 30th
Is that normal?

6icew7.jpg

The stitching on the back though... am I trippin for nothin? To anyone who has Jordan 1s, is that normal? Inbetween the two pieces of red leather, you can see black because it's sloppy.

but I noticed the back, the stitching looks sloppy. The two pieces of red leather aren't plush against each other
14x32ur.jpg

And the production dates on the size tag of the left shoe is different from right shoe. The left shoe says it was produced until June 3rd , the right shoe says May 30th
Is that normal?

6icew7.jpg

The stitching on the back though... am I trippin for nothin? To anyone who has Jordan 1s, is that normal? Inbetween the two pieces of red leather, you can see black because it's sloppy.
I believe right and left shoes are made in different factories, so it's not uncommon for them to have different end production dates. the misaligned leather looks like poor QC and I've never seen that on a pair of 1s.

stockx could technically call that a manufacturing defect which is within their terms, but its worth a shot contacting them. they may give you like $20 off your next purchase, or maybe even accept a return.

I believe right and left shoes are made in different factories, so it's not uncommon for them to have different end production dates. the misaligned leather looks like poor QC and I've never seen that on a pair of 1s.

stockx could technically call that a manufacturing defect which is within their terms, but its worth a shot contacting them. they may give you like $20 off your next purchase, or maybe even accept a return.

They accepted the refund.
Twice stockx has sent me something with a problem. Lame.

Just made my first sale on StockX. Was simple enough. Wish there was a way to keep funds within their system, to buy something else without having to pay the cash out fees

Stockx quality control is pretty bad, last 2 pairs I bought, one looked like it had a ketchup spot on the white nylon toe box so it couldn’t just be wiped off and the the next pair I had, had a spot that looked like white out on the red suede that I was able to scratch off, but the sneaker had all these black spots on the suede that I couldn’t get fully off.

I have mixed feelings about stockx. They send you kicks that are authenticated and I like that

However I’ve had some good experiences and some not so good. I ordered true blue 3s, Black metallic 5s, White cement 4s, and they all came with no problem. I also ordered flu game 12s, and and they were legit, but the tab at the back of the shoe, inside it there was this weird glue/black grease. It was so weird. I just used Goof off remover and it came off nicely and then it was okay. I ordered two pairs of Banned 1s and each one had a problem but each time they refunded me. I think people who cop multiples, sell their least good one on there, and stockx needs to better their quality control. I just sold a pair of concord 11s on Stockx from 2011 and got the funds today.

I have mixed feelings about stockx. They send you kicks that are authenticated and I like that

However I’ve had some good experiences and some not so good. I ordered true blue 3s, Black metallic 5s, White cement 4s, and they all came with no problem. I also ordered flu game 12s, and and they were legit, but the tab at the back of the shoe, inside it there was this weird glue/black grease. It was so weird. I just used Goof off remover and it came off nicely and then it was okay. I ordered two pairs of Banned 1s and each one had a problem but each time they refunded me. I think people who cop multiples, sell their least good one on there, and stockx needs to better their quality control. I just sold a pair of concord 11s on Stockx from 2011 and got the funds today.
They do indicate that QC or factory defects will still pass authentication as long as they are DS and legit

I think people who cop multiples, sell their least good one on there, and stockx needs to better their quality control.

of course that's what people do. it sucks for the buyer, but as a seller wouldn't you keep the best pair for yourself and sell the worst one(s)?

14x32ur.jpg

Is that normal?

6icew7.jpg

Normal. I’ve had different dates on Jordan’s before, and they were from a finish line. The flaw in the heal is also normal. Seen worse. Btw... what’s with the glossy sticky stuff on the 1’s? I haven’t looked at mine in months. When people started complaining about theirs having them, at the time, mine didn’t have any. Lol... finally have them
image.jpg

Normal. I’ve had different dates on Jordan’s before, and they were from a finish line. The flaw in the heal is also normal. Seen worse. Btw... what’s with the glossy sticky stuff on the 1’s? I haven’t looked at mine in months. When people started complaining about theirs having them, at the time, mine didn’t have any. Lol... finally have them
image.jpg

Mine had that ****, tried cleaning them off and it'd go away for a day or two, then be back. Plus in the light you could see it glitter like crazy, drove me mad. It was the last pair of Jordans I had, but I got rid of them soon after. (Not at Stockx)

Dang I got an offer $25 less. Was about to sell for that price and take a loss of $20 and then immediately sold for what I had asked for them right before I accepted the offer! Defintely a regret purchase that I’m glad I got my money back from.

I tried on one foot in the store, is that still accepted? I sold another pair through there when I tried on one foot.

Mine had that ****, tried cleaning them off and it'd go away for a day or two, then be back. Plus in the light you could see it glitter like crazy, drove me mad. It was the last pair of Jordans I had, but I got rid of them soon after. (Not at Stockx)
Looks like every Jordan 1 is started to have them. That’s one way to tell it’s authentic I guess Haha.. Not sure what it is. I have a good feeling these won’t last in the long run.

image.jpg

Only had that glitter/residue on my bred/banned 1s. Thought it was just an isolated incident on those bred 2016 pairs. Checked my royals the other day and the glitter effect was on that too...smh lol.

image.jpg

Are you talking about the black leather upper? I noticed that too. On my pair of banned 1s from 2016, The black leather on the left shoe looks beautiful. The leather on the right shoe (pictured below) doesn't look as smooth and has this weird glitter kind of quality. I wipe it away but it will come back.

118f94z.jpg

I tried to take a pic but the lighting really affects how visible it is, looks more visible in person

Are you talking about the black leather upper? I noticed that too. On my pair of banned 1s from 2016, The black leather on the left shoe looks beautiful. The leather on the right shoe (pictured below) doesn't look as smooth and has this weird glitter kind of quality. I wipe it away but it will come back.

118f94z.jpg

I tried to take a pic but the lighting really affects how visible it is, looks more visible in person
Yep. Look at all that glitter on my pair. I’m looking at them right now and looks like it’s worse than I thought. Lol, the right shoe is horrible. When I first heard of it, I thought it was a advertising tactic these shoe head youtubers were doing to sell products. They weren’t joking though... they really forming. If you hit the light just right, some spots look like there’s white residue. Don’t know what it is; I can’t call it. Must be the clear coat over the leather. I’m not a shoe expert. Pretty sure someone on here knows
image.jpg

My BC3's also have that. At first I thought it was micro drops of sap on the shoe after wearing them to a park one day. But I'd wipe them off and then the small spots would return!!! Purchased through NIKE.

Back to StockX.
I have sold once, was smooth as butter.
I have purchased 3 times, two of which had the shoes show up with some funk. Their customer service was excellent each time.

That being said, I'll never buy from StockX again.

Back
Top Bottom