Has anyone else been using StockX?

Yeah, I lost interest in some of shoes I wanted ever since the tax kicked in. I was disappointed too, since they started taxing the day I was going to purchase. I Can’t blame them though, they’re running a business. People will use their services regardless. What they need to do is change how they run things. Their customer service is horrible.

Someone got into my account, changed my login details and made an order for 3 shoes. This isn't even the first time my Stock X account got compromised but this is the first time anyone made an order. I'm done with Stock X. I didn't even bother emailing their support, I'm not about to go back and forth via email I simply called my bank to file a claim and I hope I have my money back by tomorrow or something.

$3.5k on three shoes. Ridiculous. And I don't understand why. The hacker ordered three shoes, two orders were declined and the third is awaiting shipment from the seller. The kicker? They were all being sent to my address. Whoever did this only did so inconvenience me. Maybe they intended on changing the shipping address later since they changed my email/pass but I changed it back as soon as I saw. This could've been easily avoided with two factor authorization. I don't know what they gonna do with that shoe and that seller but that's Stock X's problem, not mine. I CAN'T WAIT until someone files a class action lawsuit against them. 2019 and you don't have god damn 2 factor??? You get breached multiple times? They didn't even respond to my tweet. I hope my bank hits them with fees on fees.

Someone got into my account, changed my login details and made an order for 3 shoes. This isn't even the first time my Stock X account got compromised but this is the first time anyone made an order. I'm done with Stock X. I didn't even bother emailing their support, I'm not about to go back and forth via email I simply called my bank to file a claim and I hope I have my money back by tomorrow or something.

$3.5k on three shoes. Ridiculous. And I don't understand why. The hacker ordered three shoes, two orders were declined and the third is awaiting shipment from the seller. The kicker? They were all being sent to my address. Whoever did this only did so inconvenience me. Maybe they intended on changing the shipping address later since they changed my email/pass but I changed it back as soon as I saw. This could've been easily avoided with two factor authorization. I don't know what they gonna do with that shoe and that seller but that's Stock X's problem, not mine. I CAN'T WAIT until someone files a class action lawsuit against them. 2019 and you don't have god damn 2 factor??? You get breached multiple times? They didn't even respond to my tweet. I hope my bank hits them with fees on fees.

Wow; this is a nightmare.

Hope everything gets sorted out on your end.

I’ve been contemplating closing my account (changed my e-mail and password when the news of the breach went public), but it’s clear they (StockX) aren’t taking this data breach seriously.

Plus, I think their platform will be done done in about 12-18 months.

I saw an article in my Google News feed that said something like "Josh Luber changed the sneaker market, what will he work on next" and I'm thinking... this guy better find a job asap because this ship looks to be sinking.

I saw an article in my Google News feed that said something like "Josh Luber changed the sneaker market, what will he work on next" and I'm thinking... this guy better find a job asap because this ship looks to be sinking.

Man the company has been doing bad since he stepped down he needs to come back.

Wow; this is a nightmare.

Hope everything gets sorted out on your end.

I’ve been contemplating closing my account (changed my e-mail and password when the news of the breach went public), but it’s clear they (StockX) aren’t taking this data breach seriously.

If they don't change they'll be gone. Won't miss them. I'm just mad that I might not get my funds and my new card in time for the damn Travis drop. I hate Stock X.

Why is that?

IMO, what made StockX successful was the fact that they were the “first mainstream” entry into the volume 3rd party buying/selling of sneakers & streetwear.

What an innovative company does when they are first to market is think of ways to keep their lead: hence the need for continuous innovation & improvement. IMO, StockX hasn’t done much innovation or improving in the 4 years they have been operating.

At the same time there is more (albeit flawed) completion (not just Goat), in addition to brick & mortar consignment/re-sell shops. Say what you want about the Brick & Mortars, but they serve a purpose and are around for a reason.

Add the new internet sales tax laws (which directly impact the bottom line of sites like StockX & Goat), on top of their lackluster response to the consistent security issues on their platform, and more & more people will decide maybe its not worth the hassle.

I know i’ve been thinking about it.

Hoping someone can provide some assistance.

Sold 3 Pairs of Yeezys and a pair of Jordans back in August (8/5).

All 4 pairs were dropped off at UPS, was provided the shipping receipt label.

Received an Email from StockX saying the boxes got delivered; however the shoes were removed from the boxes and to wait 8-9 days for investigation.

It's almost 3 months later, Email updates from StockX have been completely non-responsive, and when I've posted about it on Twitter, StockX simply says they'll look into it and I'll get an Email -- Nothing.

Can anyone assist with best direction of course of action... Customer phone number for StockX? Anything?

IMO, what made StockX successful was the fact that they were the “first mainstream” entry into the volume 3rd party buying/selling of sneakers & streetwear.

What an innovative company does when they are first to market is think of ways to keep their lead: hence the need for continuous innovation & improvement. IMO, StockX hasn’t done much innovation or improving in the 4 years they have been operating.

At the same time there is more (albeit flawed) completion (not just Goat), in addition to brick & mortar consignment/re-sell shops. Say what you want about the Brick & Mortars, but they serve a purpose and are around for a reason.

Add the new internet sales tax laws (which directly impact the bottom line of sites like StockX & Goat), on top of their lackluster response to the consistent security issues on their platform, and more & more people will decide maybe its not worth the hassle.

I know i’ve been thinking about it.
idk man, I think StockX and Goat cornered that market and they aren't going anywhere. They will just expand to be global. Are they perfect? No. People are way more comfortable using them than eBay though.

As for brick and mortar, that's what is dying. There's a few like Round 2 but most are dying.

Just logged in to place a $1 on the TS 6 and apparently I have no payment method setup

My payout information was removed

Thought maybe Stockx deleted as a security measure so I checked my email to see if they sent anything indicating that but I got nothing

About to change my password again

Round 2 still gives credit? I don't think they cash out.
I feel like that's all they give lmaoo. I haven't had good offer from them in all their time in New York. Even when an employee wanted the shoe for himself he lowballed me. I'll probably only ever go thee for Preme but even then they slack odeee.

More victims are coming out. Just saw on twitter that apparently they use old logged in sessions and that’s how they got into some accounts, regardless of updated log in info. How that is even possible is foreign to me as my coding knowledge is extremely limited. It doesn’t even sound possible but that’s what one dude said on Twitter. I asked for clarification but I don’t think he’s gonna respond.

Best to remove all payment info and addresses if you’re not deleting your account just yet. I’m deleting as soon as my bank give me my money back.

Na I'm good. If it happens to me, I'll have my bank handle it. Hope it doesn't but I'm not going to stop using the platform. It's just too convenient for me.

I spoke on the undercutting before...

If you’re guilty of doing it incessantly you need to stop

I put a pair of Supreme x Nike warm up pants (that are hilariously too short on me) for sale a couple of days ago for $170 which was the lowest ask for the size I had

Earlier today someone put up an ask for $167...I lowered may ask to $165 which would give me a payout for what I paid (these were not purchased with the intentions of profit)

The highest offer was $160 then increased to $162 as this all transpired

The seller that was at $167 sold to the buyer at $162 (atleast that’s my assumption)

I raised my price to $170 and sold less than an hour ago :lol:

I hate seeing ppl go back and forth undercutting by a dollar, I won’t do it

Okay, slight update. These herbs just now responded to my email. I told them in the email about how I didn't make changes on such and such date and time and the $3.5k in attempted charges and how one got through and I went ahead and contacted my bank and changed my password/email. Their reply? Hey sorry for the delay, we deleted all your billing info, change your password.

Lmaoo no mention of the charge, no mention of the shoe they shipped to me, no sorry we got you account compromised, no contact us to discuss the refund (good thing my bank already gave it to me). And they had the audacity to send a follow up email just TEN MINUTES LATER asking how was the customer service....My guy...So i guess to them this case is concluded? Fine by me. Guess I'm keeping the shoe. I'll keep it DS for while, not sure how long tho, just incase. I was 100% willing to send them back on their cost, but guess homie closed the case.

On the bright side the last sentence did mention they are looking into multi factor authentication - though I'm positive they've been saying this since the summer (which keep in mind, they've been breached well before August, and were aware of the "big public" breach before they made it public). Long as my payment info is gone.

I spoke on the undercutting before...

If you’re guilty of doing it incessantly you need to stop

I put a pair of Supreme x Nike warm up pants (that are hilariously too short on me) for sale a couple of days ago for $170 which was the lowest ask for the size I had

Earlier today someone put up an ask for $167...I lowered may ask to $165 which would give me a payout for what I paid (these were not purchased with the intentions of profit)

The highest offer was $160 then increased to $162 as this all transpired

The seller that was at $167 sold to the buyer at $162 (atleast that’s my assumption)

I raised my price to $170 and sold less than an hour ago :lol:

I hate seeing ppl go back and forth undercutting by a dollar, I won’t do it
But you did the same thing when you lowered from $170 to $165.

^naw, I lowered it once below the others sellers price by $2 :lol:

Wasn’t going to lower it anymore than that (at that price I’d be breaking even), not even for a dollar less than his ask

Stock X ain't allowing me to undercut on mad shoes for the 50% off :lol: platform must be bombarded right now. I was about to off a few things and take advantage of the promo. Not trying to accept the lowball offers left though, next time I hear the rumor of seller fee disco I'm setting my alarm to undercut or a cept the market offers first thing in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom