has anyone ever got a job or interview off of monster.com?

sent mad resumes in to diff jobs on there, closest thing i got were emails telling me not qualified.

sent mad resumes in to diff jobs on there, closest thing i got were emails telling me not qualified.

I've gotten a few.

2 interviews from aerotech and one from HP.

I was bored one day and figured to see if the place actually worked.

I've gotten a few.

2 interviews from aerotech and one from HP.

I was bored one day and figured to see if the place actually worked.

Actually three days after putting my resume on Monster I got my career job which I have been at for three years. Maybe your resume isn't tough enough. Sometimes you have to embellish the truth. It's a dog eat dog world out here. If you don't lie someone else will. Just make sure you can do the job/quick learner.

Actually three days after putting my resume on Monster I got my career job which I have been at for three years. Maybe your resume isn't tough enough. Sometimes you have to embellish the truth. It's a dog eat dog world out here. If you don't lie someone else will. Just make sure you can do the job/quick learner.

Yes as soon as I placed my resume on Monster I had recruiters calling me from every where. But I really think it depends on your career path and background. I am an Engineer so there is quite a bit of jobs for Engineers these days so everyone is looking for them .

Yes as soon as I placed my resume on Monster I had recruiters calling me from every where. But I really think it depends on your career path and background. I am an Engineer so there is quite a bit of jobs for Engineers these days so everyone is looking for them .

Yeah basically if you are in the tech field and qualified you could get a job like that.  Maybe the resume doesn't show a strong focus in a particular area. I remember when my resume was kind of fluffy I didn't get returns on my resume like that. 

Yeah basically if you are in the tech field and qualified you could get a job like that.  Maybe the resume doesn't show a strong focus in a particular area. I remember when my resume was kind of fluffy I didn't get returns on my resume like that. 

Originally Posted by jhobson5

damn, maybe i need to be in the tech field

Originally Posted by jhobson5

damn, maybe i need to be in the tech field

i work for monster. you cant put up a crappy resume and expect to get calls back. recruiters use keyword searches to pull resumes so you have to make your resume stand out. if your not getting what youre looking for try indeed.com its the google of job search.

i work for monster. you cant put up a crappy resume and expect to get calls back. recruiters use keyword searches to pull resumes so you have to make your resume stand out. if your not getting what youre looking for try indeed.com its the google of job search.

I'm getting my sister to revamp my resume right now.. So hopefully I can land an internship pretty soon

But I've gotten ask to attend 2 interviews for sales jobs before from Monster. I didn't go to them tho.

I'm getting my sister to revamp my resume right now.. So hopefully I can land an internship pretty soon

But I've gotten ask to attend 2 interviews for sales jobs before from Monster. I didn't go to them tho.

Did you guys have full profiles with your pic and all that other good stuff or did you guys just really make an account to just post your resume from?

Did you guys have full profiles with your pic and all that other good stuff or did you guys just really make an account to just post your resume from?

Originally Posted by chupi318

depends on career path and experience

sick.gif
and that get's me every time.

hard to get experience when a company won't give you a chance on trying to gain experience.

Originally Posted by chupi318

depends on career path and experience

sick.gif
and that get's me every time.

hard to get experience when a company won't give you a chance on trying to gain experience.

My buddy has a really good resume and work history and he gets job opportunities thrown his way all the time. He actually has never really looked for a job...the job has always found him.

Back
Top Bottom