Has anyone every been to a EKIN thing with Nike?

Yeah, they're really cool; see some advanced product and get accurate product knowledge. Where was yours?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Props to everyone in here for keeping their cool ...
grin.gif

And no, OP, I haven't had the pleasure. Care to discuss further, or are we going to cap the thread at two pics?

For those of us not in the know, what is an EKIN event? I mean other than NIKE spelled backward, I have no clue what you are talking about...

IGots... I am with you... I am down right impressed this thread has only gone this far with no tomfoolery.... lol

EKIN... is like a Laison between Nike and Retailers. They basically go in and educate retailers or their employees on Products.

This is rarely felt at retail, because as you have read in plenty of threads, people often complain about Employees not having Product Knowledge.. However,mostly sneaker folks arent seeking the same info an EKIN can provide.

Actual REAL Product info.. Build, Construction etc.. Not all colorways.. the MJ legacy and every release date known to man...

Is that Koolaid?

an EKIN is a Tech Rep that knows all of Nike heritage and history, all products, and etc. they know what every sneaker does and what it is made out of and whouses it and what its purpose in life and more.

and most of the time they have Nike clinics and show Employees of FTL, FA,Champs, and FL the 411 on all the new shoes and clothes. And the Ekin stays on top ofthe Newest Nike products from glasses to timepieces to socks and more. when i met the ekin he gave away 2 pairs of samples and a Nike + watch.

they are supposedly 72 in world but with the budget cuts idk anymore.

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

laugh.gif

Props to everyone in here for keeping their cool ...
grin.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

but yeah ive been trained by a nike EKIN.. its part of the work training program
glasses.gif

but damn i miss workin for Nike
frown.gif

so "EKIN" refers to an official osition but I thought back in the day on NT, EKIN referred to something else (something similar to an EKIN'sknowledge described here though), anone confirm?

trying to become an EKIN is like Winning the Lotto. When i worked for Nike i Knew a lot of product knowledge of their footwear but the managers never gave me achance to work in footwear. and never help me out

Yeah.. I'd have to say when EKIN positions used to open up on Nikebiz they'd be there for all of a day with the influx of resumes they'd get in.

An opening in DC could happen and resumes all up and down the east coast would come in for the position.

I have heard the Footlocker Politics is something turrble.

FTL Politics never heard of that ? what is it?
The EKIN i knew. Got the job out of 15,000 applications soo thats ree-%!#+.

Back
Top Bottom