Nike LeBron 22 - Monopoly slated for September 28, 2024

Looks like the lebron 6 samples that never released had a baby with the freak 5

1711487216337.png

These need to release at $108 instead of dropping the price to $180 from $200 and be on a coupon/promotion eligible code from day one. That’s where the 21’s are now in several colors and where these are going to be this time next year. If not sooner.

They really need to stop trying to outsmart the truth and let it have its day as far as these insipid prices.

Last edited:
Jason needs to go or whoever is green lighting 🤔 this dumpster juice I'll get mine 21 Queen Conch half off

At the Initial glance, they really remind me of the Zoom Freak line. They have that similar design language as that line with the enlarged forefoot Swoosh.

Waiting for better cws.

I’ve been rocking my 16s on court a lot recently!
Had three pairs, SuperBrons had an outsole separation issue, I Promise pair had the back bubble pop (kept them for sentimental reasons), and the black Green Glow pair I gave to a friend cause he needed ball kicks and happened to like Brons as well. I play in my 17s still though, only translucent pairs. They’re about as good as 16s but with a better fit IMO.

As for 22s, yup will wait for the better color ways to leak. At first glance they did look Freak-ish, the swoosh and decoupled outsole, but I like the design language.

I feel everything you saying………There are obvious reasons why the KB line has emerged as a favorite among the newer players and a lot of HS/MS kids. DeRozan for sure was one of the 1st to rock Kobe’s heavy. Would it be this way now if my man was still here? Maybe/maybe not, but it’s where we’re at. I’m a Spurs fan and I’ve been wearing Kobes since the Adidas days. Some models appealed more than others (Nike or Adidas). Dark Knight 5s, the illest sneaker in the catalog to me. The Nike Kobe 1s were like $40 at the Navy Exchange in Va. Beach, so I bought as many in my size and a half size up as my wife would allow lol. I’ve always loved the line.

For Bron, I stopped at the 11, because them mfs hurt and my son sounded like he had tap dance shoes when he was playing AAU ball. These colors and prices are killing the line for me. I love the 20s in basic colors because I’m too old to be wearing some of these flamboyant colors. 21s I like too. Tahitians are the only ones I have/like and they just hit $99 on NDC. I’ll go back for another pair. NXXTs I like, because there are basic colors for an old dawg like me. But I’m not paying $200-225 for a performance sneaker I will never use on court. Blk/red P.S. 7s will always be my favorite, but would have been 10x better if they didn’t use the plastic/flywire combo.

I think it’s dope they’re bringing out retros while he’s still playing, especially the 4. But now, these mfs at Nike need to open the vault. Dunkmans, Clark Kent’s, etc…..empty the clip lol.
IMG_1240.gif
Let's be honest, the real reason why Kobe shoe has a boost is the fact that he's gone,.... If Vanessa wouldn't have inked a new deal / lifetime deal with Nike, we wouldn't be getting anything like it? Lebron's line is a higher price point and let's face it it's a disconnect from the fans with that price point, Hell Jordan just snuck back up to it after years at $185,....
As for the comments a out what's the point in the Witness, NXXT, Promise models it's Lebron's version of the Team Jordan line, with Lebron not having signature athletes under his banner, he just gave more options at a cheaper price?!? I feel that Lebron is starting to do exactly what Jordan Brand has done , started releasing the most loved retros first in New colorways and it's allowing the nostalgic fans to buy what they love again??

Like I said, I’m reserving full judgment until I see better colorways.

Agreed.

Not a fan of this particular colorway.

Looking forward to seeing more detailed pics of the model and what other colorways could look like.

At least our first look of the 22 wasn't the usual close up potato pics we've grown accustomed too.

giphy.gif

About the Monopoly, according to Sneaker Bar Detroit:

Nike Basketball and LeBron James are set to unveil the LeBron 22, his latest signature shoe, in Fall 2024. Among the anticipated releases is a unique collaboration between Nike Basketball and Monopoly, featuring a special edition “Monopoly” LeBron 22 colorway. This collaboration promises to fuse elements of both iconic brands into an exclusive and sought-after sneaker design.

The “Monopoly” iteration showcases a clean White base adorned with Monopoly money graphics throughout its upper, adding a playful touch. Across the panels extending to the heels, a bold Metallic Silver Swoosh stands out, contrasting against the white background. Green accents outline the Swoosh and LeBron’s signature on the heels, enhancing the shoe’s aesthetics. A refined touch is brought by the Purple hue covering the tongue, laces, collar, and liner, lending sophistication to the design. Complementing the Monopoly theme, a Metallic Blue Swoosh graces the lateral side and the Monopoly label, while Green and Yellow hues adorn the rubber outsole, completing the distinctive look.

The Monopoly is slated to release on September 28, 2024.

Nike LeBron 22 “Monopoly”
Style Code: FZ1099-100
Release Date: September 28, 2024
Price: $180
1711500493870.png

Had three pairs, SuperBrons had an outsole separation issue, I Promise pair had the back bubble pop (kept them for sentimental reasons), and the black Green Glow pair I gave to a friend cause he needed ball kicks and happened to like Brons as well. I play in my 17s still though, only translucent pairs. They’re about as good as 16s but with a better fit IMO.

As for 22s, yup will wait for the better color ways to leak. At first glance they did look Freak-ish, the swoosh and decoupled outsole, but I like the design language.
Damn! Hopefully mine hold up. I’ve been playing in a pair of black lavas I bought a long time ago. But recently got Superman, multicolored and the Oreos gently used.

The 16s fit me a lot more comfortably than the 20 and 21. The newer models are a lot more tapered and narrow, and it looks like the 22 is gonna be the same shape.

The design is getting pointier and pointier each year. Pretty soon gonna look like some women’s flats in the toe box lol.

Or did you mean pointy as hell like the toe box of the late Iron Sheik's wrestling boots? Because your post made me conjure up that image in my head. Whenever I see or think about pointy as hell on the toe part of footwear, I always think of The Iron Sheik's boots automatically.
1711506398026.png

1711506450812.png

1711506476717.png

Or did you mean pointy as hell like the toe box of the late Iron Sheik's wrestling boots? Because your post made me conjure up that image in my head. Whenever I see or think about pointy as hell on the toe part of footwear, I always think of The Iron Sheik's boots automatically.
1711506398026.png

1711506450812.png

1711506476717.png

Nah, these are the final seconds shoes that LeBron switches on when he's gonna shoot that go-ahead three!

I'll wait for better cws.... However, NGL, I like how LeBron's signature on the heel transitions into the primary lateral Swoosh's outline.

Last edited:
I like that outrigger.. really not feeling anything else on these.

But, I will reserve my feelings about them for later and make my mind up when we actually see better pics and other colorways! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom