Has anyone gotten a university parking lot ticket? Vol. what can they possibly do?

So this morning I was late as usual and forgot to put down my parking pass in my car. It's a big ugly plastic hanging tag so I keep it folded up and I just forgot to put it down. I return later to see a ticket, which is for $50. Of course I'm
mad.gif
 and
30t6p3b.gif
at myself. 
Honestly, I don't feel like paying, especially since the university rapes everyone in tuition every year, with prices for everything going up. I look at the ticket, it just says if you get 3 unpaid tickets they can immobilize/tow your car. I'm graduating in 3 months, and they'll never hear from me again, and my car's not registered to the school so I don't see how they can track me down. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does universities have a pull with the DMV to make sure that the ticket will follow my license plate? Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Cliffs:

-Got a ticket in university parking lot for failing to show parking pass

-Car not registered in school system, graduating in 3 months

-Should I pay this greedy school or can I get away with it?

So this morning I was late as usual and forgot to put down my parking pass in my car. It's a big ugly plastic hanging tag so I keep it folded up and I just forgot to put it down. I return later to see a ticket, which is for $50. Of course I'm
mad.gif
 and
30t6p3b.gif
at myself. 
Honestly, I don't feel like paying, especially since the university rapes everyone in tuition every year, with prices for everything going up. I look at the ticket, it just says if you get 3 unpaid tickets they can immobilize/tow your car. I'm graduating in 3 months, and they'll never hear from me again, and my car's not registered to the school so I don't see how they can track me down. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does universities have a pull with the DMV to make sure that the ticket will follow my license plate? Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Cliffs:

-Got a ticket in university parking lot for failing to show parking pass

-Car not registered in school system, graduating in 3 months

-Should I pay this greedy school or can I get away with it?

Pray or Pay.

or contest it at your parking office. say you parked to visit a professor or for work or something.

Pray or Pay.

or contest it at your parking office. say you parked to visit a professor or for work or something.

I got one before Christmas break, but forgot to pay it before going home. Transportation Services ended up transferring the balance to Billing Services, and the balance got added to my student account. The way I understood it, that balance put a hold on my status that wouldn't have allowed me to get my diploma until the balance was paid.

You may want to look into that possibility and see if your school is the same way.

I got one before Christmas break, but forgot to pay it before going home. Transportation Services ended up transferring the balance to Billing Services, and the balance got added to my student account. The way I understood it, that balance put a hold on my status that wouldn't have allowed me to get my diploma until the balance was paid.

You may want to look into that possibility and see if your school is the same way.

Happened to a friend , it was his sisters car so he didn't pay it nothing happened, though I know if the car is registered they won't let you graduate... at least in my university anyways 

Happened to a friend , it was his sisters car so he didn't pay it nothing happened, though I know if the car is registered they won't let you graduate... at least in my university anyways 

Originally Posted by tmay407

Bingo - virtually every school operates this way and they are really tight about it. Just pay it, there's really no getting around it with graduation involved.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Bingo - virtually every school operates this way and they are really tight about it. Just pay it, there's really no getting around it with graduation involved.

They'll tow your car dude and if your car was registered in the schools system, under your name, they'll hold your diploma until you pay for your tickets.

They'll tow your car dude and if your car was registered in the schools system, under your name, they'll hold your diploma until you pay for your tickets.

i got a few at a university i didnt go to, they dont do anything but i was told if i get caught again they'll tow the car (who knows if thats true or not). at my Jc on the other hand, if you dont pay your tickets, they show up on your registration when it comes time to pay that.

i got a few at a university i didnt go to, they dont do anything but i was told if i get caught again they'll tow the car (who knows if thats true or not). at my Jc on the other hand, if you dont pay your tickets, they show up on your registration when it comes time to pay that.

eh i got a $50 ticket for parking in the student lot when i'm not suppose to. just pay it

eh i got a $50 ticket for parking in the student lot when i'm not suppose to. just pay it

I wouldnt drive it up there again because they will def tow your car. I had this happen to me and I got it linked to my school account somehow. I'm guessing they looked to see who the car was registered and applied to my account.

Back
Top Bottom