Has anyone gotten into a College w/o meeting a certain requirement?

Im planning to transfer to another college that I would like to go to, and one of the requirements is to have a 2.0 in all prerequisite courses.  One of the courses I failed to meet that 2.0 requirement, but all my other classes I've done good and I also have a strong personal statement.  
In my application I have the option of stating what classes I plan to take this summer, so I've been thinking about retaking the class that I got below a 2.0 in.  The con is that I hate the subject I would have to retake, and will also be taking Calculus II this summer.  Pro is that I have a better chance of being accepted into the college in a sense.  

What would you do?  

This may sound stupid, but is it possible to put down that I plan to take the class.  Hopefully get accepted, and then talk to them about not taking it?

Im planning to transfer to another college that I would like to go to, and one of the requirements is to have a 2.0 in all prerequisite courses.  One of the courses I failed to meet that 2.0 requirement, but all my other classes I've done good and I also have a strong personal statement.  
In my application I have the option of stating what classes I plan to take this summer, so I've been thinking about retaking the class that I got below a 2.0 in.  The con is that I hate the subject I would have to retake, and will also be taking Calculus II this summer.  Pro is that I have a better chance of being accepted into the college in a sense.  

What would you do?  

This may sound stupid, but is it possible to put down that I plan to take the class.  Hopefully get accepted, and then talk to them about not taking it?

Requirements are just called just that for a reason, they are required. 

As for a college even meeting the minimum requirements do not guarantee you an admission.

Depending on the college you apply for there should be some sort of online application you have to fill out in which you have to list all your classes. List that you are retaking calc 2 on that application in the summer and if they are considering accepting you they will call or email to double check that you are considering passing that course. 

However check the transfer requirements for your college because some colleges will not accept transfer requirements after (in your case) Spring 2011. 

Requirements are just called just that for a reason, they are required. 

As for a college even meeting the minimum requirements do not guarantee you an admission.

Depending on the college you apply for there should be some sort of online application you have to fill out in which you have to list all your classes. List that you are retaking calc 2 on that application in the summer and if they are considering accepting you they will call or email to double check that you are considering passing that course. 

However check the transfer requirements for your college because some colleges will not accept transfer requirements after (in your case) Spring 2011. 

I wouldn't lie about it, I got into college with out meeting a few of the requirements but I also had the oppurtunity to speak with the assistant dean of the school and was able to convince her that I belonged

I wouldn't lie about it, I got into college with out meeting a few of the requirements but I also had the oppurtunity to speak with the assistant dean of the school and was able to convince her that I belonged

Back
Top Bottom