Has anyone here MET kobe?

random but just wonderin if he was nice or arrogant or what. you hear about athletes in public but ive never heard what people say about kobe in public

i met him in the philippines when he had his tour over there during his rookie year or maybe 2nd year .. and all i remember dude had a really cocky attitude..but that was a long time ago ..

Saw him before a Nets game a couple years back & got a high five from him, he wasn't signing anything for anyone so I didn't bother asking.

From other stories I've heard, he's cool in person, but rarely signs anything.

Ask PRETTY or aka PRETTYPLAYA

Since he's said he said before on here he knows Kobe, and can't stand him because Kobe is just like him .

roll.gif

Nah but seriously I haven't met him myself, but tupac03 I believe met him during the scavenger hunt for the limited ZKI 81 point game colorway that startedin Venice beach and ended at Nike Town LA in Beverly Hills and tupac03 said Kobe was cool also signed his pair of those ZKI 81 point game colorway.

I know other Laker fans have on here have met him at other NIKE Zoom Kobe public releases in LA and also at other Laker events and have mostly said they hadgood experiences meeting him in person.

I played basketball with Gilbert Arenas... since we're just claiming who we met in this thread. Not really too proud of that now.

I met him around 04... or what is it 05? Not sure, but it was a pre-season game against the Kings at UNLV.

Long story short, I was walking around everywhere and randomly ran into him near the hallways. Anyway he proceeded to do a quick stretch before running out tothe courts. We had like a 5 minute conversation on what he hopes for the up-coming season and asked what were my plans for Halloween
laugh.gif

But to answer your question. He's a nice guy.

I met Bobby Jackson at the AT&T store. The guy is dumb as bricks and couldnt figure out how to use his phone
laugh.gif

i was grabbing my food on my way out of this spot in downtown sf. i guess he was staying at the nearby hotel when they were playing the warriors. he came into talk to his asst/security who was picking up his order. didnt notice it was him because i wasnt paying attention until people started pulling out theirphone and screaming his name. he gave a nod and "whats up" to the people. he is really tall and big (pause)

my friend's dad saw yao ming at the oakland airport. i think he was in town for surgery. said dude is stupid tall and his legs are like tree trunks. hehad was traveling with a large entourage and wasnt signing, though people ran up to snap photos

coolest person i met was jerry jones. i told him the niners were going to do big things with head coach mike nolan and to watch out. he's a pretty sharpdresser
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hennySMASH

His wife lets him off the leash?
Who Doug Christie
roll.gif

I thought it was well documented how Doug & his wife have some strange thing where they would motion to each other during games while he was on the courtand she was in the stands watching.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I met Bobby Jackson at the AT&T store. The guy is dumb as bricks and couldnt figure out how to use his phone
laugh.gif

it seems like thats how it is with a whole lot of athletes. my cousin works at apple and he helps niners every now and then.

I believe his contract with Upper Deck limits him signing stuff. If there are more of his signatures floating around, it depreciates the value of it.

all the people i know that have met/seen him on campus said he was chill.

he was at our in n out drive through a couple years back, my homie ran over to his car (black range rover) and got him to sign his 81point game stub.

Kobe, listed as 6'6 but is not that tall in person. I saw him at NTLA when the white/red ZK1 released

I played Tim Duncan In NBA LIVE like 8 years ago in person after I won a tourney, Hes a really nice guy......thats when Stephen Jackson and Derek Andersonstill played for the team. They were there with Malik Rose watching us play

My dad is a sports reporter & covers the Lakers. He said he's a nice guy but leaves the games pretty quick with his wife & children, who are alwayswaiting for him in the tunnel.

i met him once, gave me dap, and chatted for about 10-15 seconds...i was at a ralphs, he was really cool, til people started coming to him... he said thanksand peace...he was out...couldnt get a pic or anything....really quiet dude, and dont seem as tall in person...im 5'11.5, he looked to be about 6'5tops... i know hes listed at 6'6 but didnt seem so tall...

I met him at the Chicago Hilton back in Summer of 2000 when he was still Frobe and at the climax of his "arrogance". He was eating breakfast with hiswife and some other woman who were speaking some other language. People approached him nearly the entire time but he still took pics and signed autographs. Iwaited until they finished and on his way out, asked for one more...and surprisingly got his autograph as well. He said, "Hey, cutie pie." to my babycousin, shook my hand, and said hello to the rest of my family, and went about his way. Really nice guy...which is why I defend him the way I do on here.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom